• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Ancient SOS PROBLEM

M

MariamATL

Hi all,
I decided to fish up some sos's on ATL today. I had 2 Ancients and a bunch of plains. ONe of my ancients is in the water surrounded by "fire mountain" - ya know the new parts that were added with SA. SOOOOO frustrating!!! Is there anyway to fix this or get there?

Coordinates - 161 43 S 158 55 W

Please help!! THANKS!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a peak exactly where this was:

Looks like it'll be impossible to fish that mib up. :( I did read that EA made sure mib locations that are now covered by mountain no longer spawn.

If you fished this mib up after SA launch then it would appear a bug and they still need to remove spots where mountain is now.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mapper - the were wrong. I've had two MIB fished up in 2010 be landlocked there (though in the sandy parts).

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mapper - the were wrong. I've had two MIB fished up in 2010 be landlocked there (though in the sandy parts).
How annoying :( Hmm, they aren't likely to read this forum.

OP it may be worth sending in a bug report or posting on UHall about mibs spawning on land.

M

MariamATL

In all fairness, this was from a stack and I have no idea how long ago it was fished up because I just throw them all into a chest to do later. I'll wait and see if it happens again. It was just frustrating.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
mine that were blocked weren't, Mariam.... In fact, I'd fished it up an hour before I tried finding it, when I opened all the MIBs I'd accidentally gotten while trying to get the 30 or so existing MIBs I had fished up. That was back in February.