• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ancient History; NewBorn Alliances

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Tears would not stop falling as Claudia packed the last item for the move to Vesper. The Lunite Scion & Paladin-reared Lady was broken; heart & soul*

Claudia's mother waited patiently as her daughter shook with grief; and prepared a BlackRock infused Tea to assist in easing Claudia's exhaustion.

*Claudia stilled the wracking pain & began to breathe deeply to compose her dignity but began to rock in childhood-comfort*

"Why are we always the ones to survive, mother?" Claudia asked, not turning from her eldritch daughter's sarcophagus.

"There are branches of our Family Tree & there are roots. Roots feed deep within the darkness." The ancient claudian crone intoned; waiting for the Conditioning CodeWords to take affect. When this non-mourning grandmother noticed the change in Claudia's posture, she knew that the path was open for programming. "Leave them behind.....The Emerald Sashes, HearthFire Village, Queen Dawn, Lady Aino, the Mifits of Society with the Council of Mages......your hopes & dreams for the Crumbling Continent.....all are dead due to the Bane War's savagery..... and let Trina go! You are no longer the Regent HighPriestess of the Order of the Thorn, sanctioned by the Brothers of the Rose or the Faerie Queen of HearthFire Haven. Trina is dead, your abandoned son is not."

*hearing her mother speak of the Sacrifice, Claudia sat up; breaking the encoded trance*

"Yes..." The old woman waited for the information to simmer within Claudia. "...your son is a young man now. And he believes that he is an orphan. That is unacceptable for the Ladudae Lineage, and you know it! He hops from Shard to Shard, never calling anyplace home. Your forethought to tie him to the BrotherHood was successful; he sleeps at Empath Abbey. But....."

*Claudia swallowed the knot of heartache welling in her throat*
"Is he Bane Chosen too?"

"Yes....." The Matron waited while Claudia's tears continued, along with the rocking. "But he is not dead, like Trina. You attempted to save them both and lost each one to VirtueBane, whose followers call him, the Bane of Lies. The daughter, you allowed too much freedom and the son, you have emotionally locked away. Carry no more Shame! It is done!"

The Matron waited for Claudia to grow numb, then handed her progeny the cup of tea. Claudia absently sipped while listening - detached. "You will rest & mourn in the Malas Mountains with the remainder of our people. For now, the Britannians have won occupancy of Olympus's Bones - accept that, please. When you are ready to reunite with your sacrificial lamb, Trina's Twin; I have made arrangements for you to settle in Vesper."

*tears now subsiding Claudia made eye contact with her toughest critic, eyes full of despair with a pin-light of hope, as her mother grinned*

"I have found a KnightHood as disgustingly virtuous as you are!" the crone cackled & Claudia joined her in that laughter. "There's my baby girl!" It was the old woman's turn to get teary. "After your mourning, you will claim our Noble Heritage in the non-Virtue Town of Vesper. Due to our BlackRock Trade Ties with the Assassin's Guild in Buc's Den & the Pirates.......uhm.....Merchants of Vesper, we have acquired extensive lands & titles. And remember that I was a founding member of the Ministry of Mercantiles; we have been tied to Vesper since they chose one of our own to be their first Justicar."

*Claudia nodded & returned to the comforting warmth of the tea; the darkness of her thoughts fading*

"Take these documents to Lord Bytor, Captain of the Vesperian Royal Guard. He might remember you but he certainly knows our family. The younger generations will get to know you well, I believe. The Knights of Solamnia, like us, are foreign to Britannia and have chosen to leave a legacy of honor, honesty and respect to their children. A perfect fit for you & my grandson. Better late, than never!"

*the crone cackle again*

Last edited:

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fortune's Favorites - Colleen McCullough

"Dignitas! The most intangible of all a Roman nobleman's possession, that was dignitas. His auctoritas was his clout, his measure of public influence, his ability to sway public opinion and public bodies from Senate to priests to the Treasury.

Dignitas was different. It was intensely personal and very private, it extended into all parameters of a man's public life. So hard to define! That, of course, was why there was a word for it. Dignitas was...a man's personal degree of impressiveness...of glory? Dignitas summed up what a man was, as a man and as a leader of his society. It was the total of his pride, his integrity, his word, his intelligence, his deeds, his ability, his knowledge, his standing, his worth as a man.....Dignitas survived a man's death, it was the only way he could triumph over death. Yes, that was the best definition.

[As the last of the Amazon's of the Blue Glade, I must state that Dignitas is true for males & females *winks*]

Last edited:

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* a fierce storm approaches*

I love Vesper the city of twilight; balance between light & dark, the loopholes of law. Claudia smiled as the sea-winds shifted around her Vesper CrossRoads OutPost near Buc's Gate. She watched Blitz instruct the Architects on their foundation labor. Blitz had infinite patience, similar to Field Leader Ally except for her distaste for Architects. Both leaders along with Wild knew that light & dark should not polarize people; the key to peace is balance - this philosophy fit perfectly with Lunite Lore. The Shrines of Compassion & Sacrifice acting like bookends to the illustrious city.

Vesper provided many luxuries for Sosaria - the Sculptors, Visual Artists, fine Jewlery, Honey Bees (leased to farmers for pollinating crops), pleasure palaces built on sturdy sea-vessels, and other secret, sultry indulgences traded through Buc's Den. Soon the Claudian Trade of BlackRock will flow once again throughout the realm with discretion & tact. Even sooner, Claudia hoped, the Bank Robbery culprits would be revealed.

Internal unrest seemed to be spreading into Britannia. Some of her GuildMates were not feeling well after their encounter with the diseased rats of AXIS. Claudia appeared to be unaffected by the disease, probably due to her Paladin abilities, but could she be an unknowing carrier? Should they quarter themselves off in the Britain Hospital to protect the masses? Many things troubled her mind concerning the realm.

*Claudia pondered the troubles that she observed - internal & external*

Why did the people of Galehaven call their lands Olympus? In honor of the shattered lands that the Britannians called Malas? Could the Lunite Mythology be wrong?

If the people are so opposed to Vampire Rule, suspecting King Blackthorn, why do they not revolt or even vote Duke Va'lis out of his office?

The seemingly peaceful & life-respecting Rangers of Skara Brae have a Trophy Hall with innocent creature carcasses hanging in it.

Pandora's shocking loss of her long-standing & beloved Governorship of Britain.

The sudden emergence of the ancient Cathedral beneath Doom & the appearance of that thing from the depths of GraveWater Lake. Jacuyl, breaking the Sacred Trust of Hospitality, invited Britannian Citizens to their Tavern only to attack & capture that poor rogue Lady Silvara & no outcry or notice from the Crown. And yet, Claudia respected & even liked Lady Deathwynd the Drow. Why were these elves joined to something that detested life while hypocritically holding flesh together in an earthy husk?

Hope shines.
Claudia thought, holding the gift-box from AXIS. The renowned dwarf, Beldin BrightAxe was making a home for his people on this Shard. Though often recluse & solitary, the dwarves are a most welcomed & honorable ally against the encroaching disturbances, I hope.

"Duchess, it is done!" Blitz stated, breaking Claudia out of her thoughts. She smiled brightly at her White Knight, her eyes beginning to tear up from K^S's kindness & generosity.

*the rain began to fall*

"If you don't like the weather than just wait a few minutes", one of the workers said with a chuckle. "Weather is always changin around these parts."

"Yes," Claudia replied. "I have a feeling that many things will be changing." Claudia cradled the purple gift-box closer to her breast & grinned with satisfaction. Now, we are home!

[If I have mentioned your name or group then please feel free to post a Tale here. I am attempting to encourage new RPers from K^S to write a little something in character. Most of them are a little uncertain so please be kind. My belief is that all RP is good RP but I also know that that belief is not shared by all. I would like to ask that only RP Stories are told on this thread and that Out of Character comments be limited to the end of the story. Thank you, in advance, for sharing your stories and respecting those who attempt to join the storyline.]

Last edited:

Jordan Thyme

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Gillian stared at the trophies. She wouldn't mind it so much if she knew the meat, scales and leather from the butchered animals had gone to needy families. At least then, the hunt would not have been in vain. But displaying antlers, or a mouth of teeth for the sake of saying, "Hey look what I killed?" was not the Ranger way. It wasn't even the *moral way* to do things. How many times had they discussed this very topic at the outpost? It would be one of many things brought up to the King. Quietly she adjusted her arm and shook her head. It was time to get started on that list of meeting agenda items.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
* a scroll is delivered to King Blackthorn's Castle bearing the seal of Lord Bytor (Captain of the Vesper Royal Guard) within a plain wooden box with a note attached - "Captain Olivia"*

Captain,

I would like to request that the provisions provided by the Crown for the Vesper/Minoc, Yew & Britain Crossroads Outpost reflect the needs of the recently ill (I hesitate to spread panic by using the word "infected"). I think it would be a great service for the needy who are already flocking there, along with the Healers.

Thank you for the consideration.

Your Sworn Retainer,

Lady Claudia Drusilla
Duchess & Royal Guard of Vesper
K^S PvM Field Guide

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ironically, Claudia sat at the Vanity looking haggard, worn, and defeated - her eyes a glaze of guilt & self-hatred fueled venom*

I had thought so of Gillian.....her reaction is proof, Claudia stared at her bedraggled twin-image in the silver-backed glass installed atop the customized cabinet, she is a healer - heart & soul; our tactics & chosen professions are different, but at the core....hardness ruled by duty & discipline with compassion - takes one to know one, my mother used to say. For the first time, in a long time, Claudia allowed herself to smile remembering her mother. Another death piercing her peace....Claudia shouted for her NurseMaid.

Uba, sitting behind Claudia stated, "I am here, child." Uba Ptah Mun exhaled a laugh with little sound & more wind. The ancient elvin matron drowsily smiled at her girl-ward's shadow reflected in the glass. The Eldritch Maid, Mylar, knows nothing of her racial heritage or the mystic might at her disposal. Claudia & I do but what branch of which line is she? Root? Stem? Soil? LEAF?....another time. Claudia's re-integration into human society was going better than planned; despite the efforts of Claudia's self-doubt. She has Allies, yes; but the friendships forged through them via her are astounding to The Family & HouseHold. Uba shook her head watching her claudian-ward wait for instruction. "Don your mourning garb, no titles, no adornments, and a simple dress - if you must....it may be blue like your beloved KnightHood of Solamnia but NO TITLES!" Uba paused to allow the effect of her words to sink into Claudia's spirit. "Present yourself Publicly & trust that Wild & Gillian & YOU will know what to do. Blind faith when you lack it!" Uba lingered on that last phrase.

Uba Ptah Mun slumped further into the cushioned chair, finally able to rest from her vigil.

"And the boy?" Claudia pleaded.

"The youth..." Uba said, referring to the wild elf son of Claudia "...will make his own choices, as he always has...AXIS, Rangers, K^S, The Luna Royal Brigade....who knows."

Last edited:

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*the Lagudae HouseHold was on lockdown & it was ugly*

The Ladudae HouseHold, unlike traditional Roman Families, was lead by a Matron's Council of Elder Women (not a Pater Familias) when their leader was absent. All of the remaining women are equals when Claudia is absent. Rank became obscure.

"I have done my duty by Claudia." Drusa, Claudia's elder cousin, stated. "And you might be right to attempt to stop me; but..." Drusa stayed seated. "...Maybe you are wrong & Claudia's GuildMate is right & she is a 'high liberal hippy'..." Drusa laughed. "Whatever that means!" Drusa laughed again, louder. Uba did not move an inch, other than breathing. "Claudia is in mourning & absent. I am the eldest Claudian now. You wrote & delivered the proclamations!" Drusa grinned & rose. ShadeStar, the family's ancestress & vampire, appeared behind Drusa bearing a faint smirk. Uba shivered & said nothing.

Kae Ptol, in his usual feline form, shivered in the corner, terrified of these powerful & dangerous women. He teleported to the green & dashed out of the K^S WatchTower, retreating to Buc's Den.

Drusa glanced at Kae Ptol's escape & laughed. "Scaredy Cat!" She would deal with the boy later; she returned her gaze to Uba Ptah Mun, Claudia's Matron Line-Leader not hers. "You do not have to kneel." Drusa smirked, grabbed the chair that she was sitting on with her left hand and put it between her & Uba. ShadeStar mounted her Grizzled Mare & left the WatchTower. "Goodbye & good luck." Drusa left the WatchTower.

Bastii, the family Guardian- Sphinx, unhide. Males were not permitted to stand between two battling women.

Uba collapsed into Bastii's waiting arms & wings.