• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anatomy or Bowcrafting?

• Thread starter Dragon Slave.
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dragon Slave.

I'm building a character that is pretty full on skills at the moment. One thing i do need help with is damage bonuses. I thought I read somewhere that having Bowcrafting at GM gives a damage bonus to anyone using archery. Is that the case? And if so what is the damage bonus? Is it the same or similar to having anatomy? And then finally is it even worth worrying about the damage bonuses, if your template is already full, could i make those damage bonuses up with a primer and jewelry? Any help on the topic would be great. Thanks.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If the question is whether U should choose between Anatomy or Fletching then I would say Anatomy.

I have never heard about Fletching giving any damage bonuses (not saying it isn´t so though). Only that Lumberjacking gives/gave (?) a bonus when using an axe. And I think it was only 10% anyway so I guess a Primer and jewelry would be a good thing for damage increase. And also Tactics increases your damage if you doesn´t already have that...

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know, there is no damage bonus from bowcraft/fletching.

Anatomy gives a much lesser damage bonus than tactics. So if you need to skimp on one, skimp on anatomy. Even with healing (the primary reason for anatomy) you are fine with only 61 anatomy unless you wish to res others. (61 is the magic number for cures.)

Damage bonuses from skills apply over and above the item DI cap of 100% and even over the total DI cap of 300%, so you will lose a bit of damage from not having 120 tactics/120 anatomy. But it is not that big a deal.

From a random FoF:

Damage Increase and You
"For PVP and PVM: If I have gm tactics, gm anatomy, and 125 str how much DI percentage do I have w/o items?"

Stratics has the correct results for these calculations.

+68.75% for GM Tactics
+55% for GM Anatomy
+42.5% for 125 Strength

"People are saying there is a 300% DI cap for PVM, is this true? "

Yes, this is true, Damage Increase is capped at 300% (or a 300 internal damage rating). However, anatomy, tactics, strength, and lumberjacking are NOT included in that cap.

"If I have 300% DI and I cast Enemy of One will I even do more damage?"

If you already 300% Damage Increase from special moves and profession abilities, then the answer is no, Enemy of One will not increase your damage further.

Note: that a slayer weapon is double damage (a 200 damage rating). Enemy of One has a rating of 100. The combination of those two alone would reach our cap of 300.

"Are slayer weapons included in the PVM cap for DI?"

Yes.