• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Evaluating Intelligence] Anatomy: Defense Discussion.

A

A Rev

All i find interesting about anatomy/eval defence chance is...its a load of bull!!!

I went on to test and had someone make an archer

120archery
120tactics
120anatomy

I made a char with

120magery
120eval
120anatomy

He equipped 45HCI and i equiped 45DCI

Result out of 50 arrows...50hits!

Tried it with wrestle instead of anatomy and result was

50 arrows...32hits.

Read into that what you will...i decided not to even contemplate anatomy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Anatomy / Eval in several of my templates.

UOGuide is incorrect with the formula about having 100 in each totals to 120.

The correct formula is (Anat + eval + 20) / 2 .

I use this on multiple characters and multiple shards. It does work, sometimes I feel like it works better than wrestling.

I would disregard A Rev's test for two reasons. Reason 1 is I highly doubt he actually performed said test, reason 2 is that 50 shots is not enough data to analyze with such a streaky RNG.

With all of the sick jewels you can make now, those 20 skill points you save can be tremendously helpful when building a template.

I just made a parry/tamer mage with 120 resist because of the 20 points I saved from anatomy and the 45 points from a ring.

Though I do like having wrestling as well. Sometimes if you are playing as a group and a dexer keeps disarming your teammates, it's nice to disarm them to allow everyone to get spells up.

I also LOVE stun punch. Nothing quite like prepping a bola, getting a stun punch off and one teleport for the dismount.

If you have the room, and the 20 skill points are going to waste, I would do wrestling. If you are trying to make a cramped build, I would recommend Anatomy.

A

A Rev

I would disregard A Rev's test for two reasons. Reason 1 is I highly doubt he actually performed said test, reason 2 is that 50 shots is not enough data to analyze with such a streaky RNG.
The test was definatly done and i would suggest anyone who thinks of wasting points on anatomy goes and tests it first!

Although...i do agree 50 arrows is maybe too small of a test range. When you get hit 100% of the time compared to 64% my mind was made up.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything I have ever read indicates a cap of 120.

N

NickyDishes

i tested it and it works fine to me. anatomy is viable.