• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Anat or Magic Resist vs Dreadhorn?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, rebuilding my Sampire, he's a

120 bush
120 fence
120 parry
100 anat
100 tact
99 necro

and wondering if while keying for Dreadhorn and doing Dreadhorn is it better to have 100 anat or 100 resist? i figure you need to use gcures/apples either way so I figure resist would be pointless, but always worried about paralyze ... trap box? haha

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I assume you've got 61 Chiv on your template too, right?

-OBSIDIAN-

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assume you've got 61 Chiv on your template too, right?

-OBSIDIAN-
I knew I forgot something, yeah, his current build is actually 88 necro 70 chiv (using a ring for Necro w/ HCI and other stuff) :)

C

Connor_Graham

Go with Anatomy. Resist won't do much for you. Just make sure to have a trapped box and you'll be fine without Resist

C

catfish

its clear. if you have a saddle, he is just a lot easier to mount and ride. not much of a challenge with or without resist. Bareback is significantly harder.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its clear. if you have a saddle, he is just a lot easier to mount and ride. not much of a challenge with or without resist. Bareback is significantly harder.
lol okay by saddle you guys mean lesser hiryu / swampy, yeah?

Galingree

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol okay by saddle you guys mean lesser hiryu / swampy, yeah?
Sure. If you sit on a swampy with exceptionally crafted saddle it will not be a fight but just horse butchering. Without saddle the Dreadhorn has at least a little chance (same is true for Medusa).
BTW I would also rather take anatomy than resisting spells. DH's constant poisoning will wake you up anyway when you are paralysed. :)

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure. If you sit on a swampy with exceptionally crafted saddle it will not be a fight but just horse butchering. Without saddle the Dreadhorn has at least a little chance (same is true for Medusa).
BTW I would also rather take anatomy than resisting spells. DH's constant poisoning will wake you up anyway when you are paralysed. :)
good point on the poison haha I like to stay poisoned whenever I fight pixies on whatever char im using, damn para ;P

and thanks to all the replies, haven't had time to get back here in awhile!