• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] An Unmarked Recall Rune [Felucca]

F

Fink

I found a rune so labeled today.

It isn't marked, won't go in a rune book, and it can't be used for recall or gate. It can't be renamed.. behaves just like a blank rune in all respects. Does anyone have any clues about it?

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone on this forum recently said that these could be made by marking them inside a house name "An Unmarked Recall Rune". I tried this out to no avail, so this is in fact a legitimate, older item.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These are not rare or old. I made one last month. Please don't start selling these as old rare items.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No idea either, but I'd bet I've seen them as far back as AOS. Digging around a bit, the old Bloodtile site, back in 2004, said these came from a bug I do remember around that time. It was around the same time as when carto was a big money maker, if I remember correctly. It was possible to glitch a runebook such that you could remove infinite numbers of runes from them.

According to Bloodtile, it looks like there was a variation on that bug where you could remove runes from the unused slots of a runebook as well - and from those, the 1-stone ones were the runes thus created. (Fixed by Publish 27). At the time, new runes from NPCs were labeled "An unmarked recall rune", vs the modern "Recall Rune". When you marked a rune, the facet was bracketed at the end of the rune's name, ex: "a recall rune for Britain [Felucca]". I'm pretty sure all of the 1-stone ones I've seen also have that [Felucca] indication on there, something like "An unmarked recall rune [Felucca]".