• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] An old trick, anyone remember the combos?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all...

I'm so amazingly sorry to drag up an old question however I've been out of touch for a couple years and my notes were all lost... along with a friend's grow building with all our seeds, that took me years to complete a full collection of colors and combos and all.

I came across 2 plants. A to B... that gave a "off chart" C plant like Vanilla... IN different colors. Anyone have a clue what the second plant is... and what A & B makes both of them?

Thanks much! :)

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
welcome back to gardening. Unfortunately vanilla are random mutations like black and white, when you cross colored versions of the barrel cactus, prickly pear cactus or tri-barrel cactus.
Just a note, since this happened when you use any cactus seed for crossing, the results are random. For example I'm trying to get a bright purple barrel cactus, so far no cactus instead lilies, bulrushes, a black vanilla, and some other plant.
Here are two links that show how to get the colored vanilla, hops and spider plants. The Vanilla info is at the very bottom.
Colored Plant Oddities - Old Stratics
Colored Peculiar Plants – Ultima Online

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. :)

As I remember it, the "C" is NOT random. Black and white seeds are, from color crosses... not from normal color plants. Seeing I used to do 4x batches of around 250 plants at a time, I mostly did normal plants or recourses... or only champions for color, baskets and dye stuff. That really had nothing to do with those A+B=C deal to where vanilla was one of them... and you've reminded me the second plant was a 4-barrel cacti. Doing the crosses is/was the only way to get them and I had every color in my seed bank. Every color of EVERY seed known to the system. I'm sure the campers thought the whole thing was junk and trashed the lot. I could kick that friend even to this day, but it was his Luna side house. lol. I wouldn't wish that on 99% people. The seeds can be remade... if I can find the combo.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And that is the fun getting the seeds again. I'm having to redo my third and fourth gen plants. Before we got the seed box, i kept them in chest...redid house and forgot to lock one down. Love the new plant beds no more watering or potions. If you werexon lake austin, i could help out as would the other gardeners.