• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An official permission to EA to name details why my account was banned in the public!

Z

Zofinur

Returned from a short WE-trip to find an email saying

"Violation: Exploitation of game properties/distributing exploitation of the Ultima Online service"

Honestly, i have no clue why! Rarely bought stuff in the past.
And definetly no bulk-runics, no rares at all, ...

I would like to discuss this with a living person on the phone, but maybe im to upset to find it.

Anybody can hellp me out with this?

Anyway, from what i read all ppl that have been banned lost their houses and stuff. So this is definetly the time for me to say byebye to this game :(
All i want now is to understand & discuss the reasons.

I might keep you updated if i get info on what happened ...
Hope those 4 scrolls i received as payment for 2 pets werent contaminated (sorry to the buyer of the pets, no offense! didnt even mention ur name! but that was the only 'mayor' deal i did in the past)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear this, I hope it can be worked out and corrected. I have heard on the threads that players who have several accounts only had one banned. If you have more then one account perhaps the others are still playable. The game is getting is getting scary to play and know how to stay in the good graces of EA. When I started to hear about all this dupping going on I just stopped buying things that had any chance of being deemed a possible dupe. Hopefull they will be reviewing some of the bans and help to restore ligimate players to the game.

Z

Zofinur

These seem to be the numbers.

1. 001-866-543-5435
  2. 001-650-628-4306

But there is "no agent available"
I have to call again Mon-Fri on "pacific 8-5"

If they dont work during the weekend who does the banning then?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear that, Zofinur. I don't have a clue what's going to happen over the comming days...

I bought an Ornament of the Magician yesterday for 12m in Luna, to complement a PvM suit which I had just bought from a trader moments before...

Since I don't have a clue as to if that Orny is duped or legally obtained, and also didn't really think that through at that particular moment, I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens to me now...

M

Mulch

Question is what is there to say when they deleted the house as they did with other accounts?

Come on join the Uo freeshard community and define your UO yourself!

Z

Zofinur

Question is what is there to say when they deleted the house as they did with other accounts?
I wont return if not all of the follwing is restored

• My chars
  • My home
  • My items
  • My reputation

The other part of ur post must be illegal, and i wont quote/answer it ...

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear that, Zofinur. I don't have a clue what's going to happen over the comming days...

I bought an Ornament of the Magician yesterday for 12m in Luna, to complement a PvM suit which I had just bought from a trader moments before...

Since I don't have a clue as to if that Orny is duped or legally obtained, and also didn't really think that through at that particular moment, I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens to me now...
You bought that one from me and it was obtained legally. It was obtained in a guildhunt on LS ~6 months ago.

If you get banned - which I most certainly doubt mate :) - it won't be because of that Ornament.

Z

Zofinur

Maybe this helps others too:

Was told to fill out the "Termination form" to "DISPUTE TERMINATION OF AN ACCOUNT"

(Sorry the UPPERcases are from the original page ...)

C

cheerful

I don't usually get involved in any duping, banning,expoliting type threads, maybe i just got my head stuck in the sand, but like other posters i rarely buy anything major from vendors and seldom trade any more because of the fear of a ban which is a great shame and takes some of the shine off the game for me.
Just moaning.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, i remember shopping around and found a val runic for 15m. *Alarm bells*
Went bck to the shop a day or so later, it had gone, Went bck a few days even later and there was another one for sale *Major alarm bells*
Anyway, it was cleary easy to make a few mill on it but is it worth it? no ta.
Just like seeing BRSK @ 1.5m, no ta.

Z

Zofinur

The thread goes a bit offtopic.
It was meant to collect info on how to reach EA.
Plus i promised to keep u up2date if there are any news on this...

It was in no way meant to name ppl, discuss dupes or thing like that

J

jack flash

Zofinor

you are the second player i trust without doubt to be banned now

not much i can say other than, your reputation is intact with me

good luck

it may take time but i think you will be ok, sadly as with my other ingame friend time is ticking on fast for a revert, and it seems the progress in dealing with this is painfully slow

again, good luck, don't give up

Jack

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
zofinur too?
babe ive known you a long time in various guises and apart from the association with a char beginning with M i believe you to be an honest guy.
good luck from a fellow banned char

Z

Zofinur

you are the second player i trust without doubt to be banned now
Thnx for ur kind words!
Such is very, VERY, VERY important to me, and i thought i did everything in the past to deserve these words (sounds like a shameless self-praise, but at the moment its hard fr me to find the correct words; hope u get the meaning though...)

it may take time but i think you will be ok, sadly as with my other ingame friend time is ticking on fast for a revert, and it seems the progress in dealing with this is painfully slow
Not sure if i get that correct.
Yes, a revert looks like to be the only acceptable solution for this. Otherwise it will take time, but i wont be ok in the end! At least not in UO.
Looks like this will be a hard divorce for me :(

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell,

is this.Two very honorable Europa players banned?This is very very annoying.
Really hope both of you get your things back.

Im currently on Atlantic,made a trade with a well known honorable guy there.
And I was meant to make some trades there....
On the shard of dupes.

I guess that is a FAT NO NO NO BLOODY WAY now.

Grrrrrr.

Might as well go back to Europa and sob now.
Damn.

Regards
The Scandinavian

K

Kith Kanan

Sorry to see you got hit with this crap to Zof .... this looks alot like dynamite fishing imho.....

B

bokke

I had my doubts about people claiming their innocence and all that. But when I saw they banned Zofinur then it was clear they made a huge mistake somewhere along the line and I am sure it is not just with Zofinur but others to. This is just like fishing with dynamite. :coco:

Z

Zofinur

Update: I was finally able to talk to somebody using

001-866-543-5435​

He was friendly, it was easy to communicate, but he told me there is no phone-support on this.
We would have to use the mentioned form and wait for an answer!

To go there follow these steps:
  1. open http://support.ea.com
  2. enter "017" in the searchbox (without the ")
  3. click on the only result-link "Information about Banned or Suspended Accounts"
  4. click on "Customer support site"
  5. and u will most likely be forwarded to http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/site_fdbck.php?formtype=3

I did this (again; because he asked me too)
Will keep u updated...

Z

Zofinur

K, here is the answer i did receive:

However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online​

Hope it´s ok to post these details, since it´s my own case?
If not i will remove the details and offer to send it to everybody who asks via PM.

Back to my case:
Ok, it wasnt scripting
It wasnt duping.

At least this is clear now.

But what could be these illegal items?
I will ask again and let u all know!

K

Kith Kanan

Same as me then Zof , sorry to hear m8 :(
Yeah please let us know , I didnt ask because the ONLY thing it could be where the runic hammers

Z

Zofinur

I never did buy bulk runics.
Never had a verite/valorite in my hand.

I am/was addicted to bods, and so i got multiple minors (copper/bronze) but these were collected manually
I even had a chestfull of gargoyles, sturdies and prospectors ...

Sopme of u might remember i have a list of bods i own(ed)&search(ed).
I did loooove bods ....

Still hoping they go into details on this case!

N

Nyte Doombringer

I have been reading these posts. I think this is totally ridiculous. You have illegal items. How in the hell are we supposed to know what is legal and what is not, or what is duped?. I did idocs when i was playing, how was i to know if something i got was illegal? Is there a list someone, geez, this is pathetic.
Come to lotro. I think you will like it. That is if you decide to quit UO: Give me a shout if you decide to come to lotro.

Z

Zofinur

Honestly, the only things in question on my account were
  • ressources
  • checks

Yeah, those ressources i didnt mine myself. I did spend gold to buy them.
Most on uoa2, and usually for a high&fair price.

About the checks: yes, i did sell items like a full set of tokunos, when they were 30-40M.
Am i supposed to call a GM each time to check wether or not these are legal.
UPDATE: "biggest" deals i did as seller&buyer were around 40M. And this is definetly something others would laugh about. When the account was banned there might have been around 60M in checks on it...

Sidenote: in fact i did this once, when i found a bag of 125 teleport-rings in a bag in Luna.
This looked soooo duped (many items with the same charge on it) that i had to be sure before i keep them.
And after repedeingly calling for support i finally got the answer to keep them, they were legal to own.

Im still feeling innocent and im dont know which items they mean by saying

However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online​

Z

Zofinur

Did say this on UHall, but i will repeat it here, since its important for me.

I wish Jeremy would actually comment on these bannings and let us know "exactly" why they were banned and for which items.
Here is an official permission to give details why my account was banned in the public.
Jeremy (or any other EA-Official) is from now on allowed to give the exact reason, so everybody can read it!
If you want and it is needed i can send this signed either via Fax, mail or snailmal to EA!

The following is not sufficient for me: However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online.
I honestly got no clue what they mean!

D

Diggity

zofinur too?
babe ive known you a long time in various guises and apart from the association with a char beginning with M i believe you to be an honest guy.
good luck from a fellow banned char
Comments like the above are why I tend not to believe all the "I'm completly innocent" claims with respect to the recent bannings.

Zof, it would appear your reputation is not as pristine as you might think.

X

Xrenos

Did say this on UHall, but i will repeat it here, since its important for me.

Here is an official permission to give details why my account was banned in the public.
Jeremy (or any other EA-Official) is from now on allowed to give the exact reason, so everybody can read it!
If you want and it is needed i can send this signed either via Fax, mail or snailmal to EA!

The following is not sufficient for me: However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online.
I honestly got no clue what they mean!
Same here.

EA, you have my official permission to give details why my account was banned in the public.

L

Lariat

Unfortunately, Stratics accounts aren't tied to UO accounts, so there's no way for a post here to grant permission for them to post details. And even if you verified your billing information and they confirmed that you are you, it may still be against their policy to do so. Best bet id to just get the info from them and post it yourself.

Z

Zofinur

Best bet id to just get the info from them and post it yourself.
Check this answer please; i did highlight what did upset me most.

I am very sorry to hear of your account being terminated. However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online. Due to the severe nature of this ToS violation, your account was terminated. Sufficient evidence was verified to justify this termination.

The action taken against your account was just and will stand. If you would like to see any changes made to our Rules and Policies, please feel free to submit feedback via the UO Herald by visiting
http://uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.

Looks like EA refuses to give details.
Not just in the public.
Even to me ... the one that was banned.

Z

Zofinur

My question on the form:

What exactly is meant in my case when u say "However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online"?
Please go into details!
I never did crossshard
I never did trade bulk runics.
I beg u for details on my ban!

And u all might guess the answer:
However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online.
Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.

I keep trying to get details.
And whatever the reason is, be sure i will let u all know.

B

Birdseye

I can't believe that you can't get the specific reasons for your ban.

After all the hard work, hours and hours of dedication, and not to mention the money on subscriptions you have paid over the years.

It absolutely sucks!:talktothehand:

Shame on you EA. Surley you have a repsonsibility to provide exact reasons, and at least listen to some sort of explanation.

My heart goes out to you guys who have been f@~ked up with this ban. I can't imagine the way your feeling right now, but i think Zofinur summed it up with his 'divorce' analegy.

I just hope EA can see sense, and tell everyone, what exactly we can't have in our box's etc..

I mean, if i go to a place like Blue Wolfs (no slur on you at all), and purchase a runic kit off one of the vendors, only to discover that it's been duped, would it be proper that i get banned?

Is it safe to purchase anything anymore? I've been buying Bronze runic's for weeks, of a certain vendor, and not used them yet. Does that make me bannable?

F@#king Crazy!:coco:

C

cheerful

Am i right in thinking that the house and all the 'illegal' items have been deleted from the game?

Z

Zofinur

The 'house' is gone i was told.
And so must be the 'illegal' items.

Z

Zofinur

Laetly i got an answer that looks like they finally realizeid i am unhappy with general answers:

We've already escalated your first question with incident number [08xxxx-00xxxx]to higher level/concerned department, and the issue is still waiting for a response from that team. Since this is a duplicate of that issue, we are going to close this incident and leave that one open for the response.

We apologize for the delay. Someone should be in contact with you soon regarding this issue.​

Keeping u updated!

C

cheerful

So on the one hand we have players such as yourelf saying 'i never had these items' and on the other EA saying that you did and in the meantime all the hard evidence has been erased from the game?

Z

Zofinur

all the hard evidence has been erased from the game?
I still assume EA wont lie, so i dont expect them to say "you owned 100 valorite runics" or so just to close this thing.
If they are able to mention the multitude of highly illegal items and i did own these i will stop complaining.
I am quite sure that every details they will tell me will be based on facts (like database-backups)

I still might be crying if its the checks that were given to me as payment over the years, but at least it would be a reason.
I want to be sure i didnt do anything illegal.

C

cheerful

It's the total eraser (if that is the case) that worries me.
Players unable to prove their innocence.
Total faith that EA is free from human error.

B

Birdseye

Where do i find a list of easily to understand 'highly illegal items', and ways in which to see whether or not the checks that i have recieved in the past are 'dubious'?

Do item's such as 'Sigal' coloured item's come under this banner, and does anyone know of a link with pictures, because i find it near impossible to understand some of the terms used in describing items.:blushing:

I don't want to be the next 'victim' of this Witch Hunt!:coco:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe sigil items became legal some time ago. I strongly suspect that the only thing Zofinur and Lucy are guilty of is getting paid with dud cheques. Maybe they should compare notes on who they've sold things to recently - though not in public on here.
I would advise anyone who has received a lot of cheques recently for a purchase to cash them and make new cheques.

Otherwise, avoid buying high end items like runic kits and hammers, very rare special event items etc. for a while unless you know the seller and how the item was obtained.

C

cheerful

With respect Petra, is'nt this known as laundering money? Win for the dupers.

And if i wanted to sell my one million spring cleaning points 25-30 million gp and i ended up with 30 illegal items in my house will it really be my fault? I should not have sold at this time? I should ensure that the person buying from me is an upstanding member of the community? Or simply cash in and make new cheques?

Not intended to be a dig at anybody but i don't see this knee jerk reaction by EA solving the root of the problem.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep as my first thread on this i too give my permission. seems we all go the same canned type reply about multi illegal items. i cud name you what was in each chest and the only multiitems i had were checks and snake skins!
if its checks can ea let us know how a legal and an illegal 1m check differ?
last big sale i did was to a cross sharder and was a servant of talkeesh robe that must be traceable

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people who were doing xshard traiding are at the top of the list! Part of this last dupe was to do with xsharding stuff over on pack horses

T

The Falcon

I too had a house wiped or the face of UO and an account terminated. I too like you I wanna know what I had that was "HIGHLY ILLEGAL" I did not buy hammers . I did not sell stuff I only did idocs and yes it was my crafter account. But I did not do BOD'S yes I had books alot of them from me getting them at idocs and getting them myself And someday when I had more timeIi planned on spending weeks filling them all and turning them in but that had not happened yet. Now I guess that will never because I do not plan on re working this skill ever again it was tough enough the first time having an account with nothing but crafters on it 5 of them 1 account ALOT of long honest work to create. Why on earth would I risk that work and time to cheat in anyway. This is just so dishearting to think this happens. I beleive things need to change. I think we all need to ban together and DEMAND CHANGE!!!!

Z

Zofinur

We apologize for the delay. Someone should be in contact with you soon regarding this issue.​
That´s exactly 24 ago, and still no response.
This is what they call "soon". I bite my fingernails while waiting.

I did hope they just had to look into a document, turn pages to "Z", locate my name and find the reason, copy&paste it to me and that´s it.

All i got when i refreshed my ticket was

Due to the nature of your issue, more time is required for investigation. I apologize for any prolonged delays this might cause, but please rest assured that we are trying to handle your issue in a timely manner. During this time, you may still update your incident with additional information that might help us resolve your issue without causing any additional delay. To update your incident click the link above that says, To view or update your question from our support site, click here.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and look forward to getting you back in the game!

To sad that this is yet another phrase.