• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An ode to Email response times...

• Thread starter Bob the Scribe
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob the Scribe

I’ve been waiting patiently,
For my email reply,
But I have not had one,
What is the reason why?

I sent in all my details,
I wrote my problem down,
I smile while starting Outlook,
But that becomes a frown.

I’ve checked it every morning,
I’ve checked it at night too,
But I still haven’t had,
An email from GM Review.

By the time I get a reply
I’m afraid to say,
The GM who was involved,
Will have retired and gone away.

This isn’t a difficult matter,
It doesn’t need a bribe,
All I really want from you,
Is my name, Bob the Scribe.

I’ve said it many times now,
I’m ready for the flack,
But all I am wanting,
Is my character’s name back.

How long do I have to wait,
For a reply to my email,
Will I have to pass on this story,
So my grand kids can tell the tale?

You must have at least one person,
With the ability to type an email.
Or is it your email systems,
That have now started to fail.

I hope that you reply now,
I’ve said it many times.
Not only for my character,
But I’m running out of rhymes.

S

sallie

very cute.....maybe by the end of the month or year you will get a response /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif good luck

G

always nice when u write things like that /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

lol

i like it

G

BOB, i think i missed your story.. what happened with your name???

a bug that changed ure chars name??

B

Bob the Scribe

I was in Deciet doing the Brazier spawn. 2 other players were there on thir little nightmares, trying to tame the Firesteeds that spawned.
I offered them a turn at spawning with the Brazier (this is the one where you click on the Brazier it spawns a random monster) but they told me I could continue spawning the monsters myself.
But instead of clicking one or two times I clicked like 30 or 40 times, the room was filled with dragons, deamons, firesteeds, liches, you name it, it was there. I think the 2 little tamers took a dislike to my die, res and return style of playing. I died about 4 or 5 times bringing the spawn under control. But just as I had managed to seperate the firesteeds from the rest of the spawn, I was transported to jail, where the GM told me that my character name was illegal. Now this is a character that I have had for over 3 years and in that 3 years I have had no problems or compliants from any other players (might have had a few name callers behind my back). So I was a little taken aback when he told me that he was going to spawn a vendor and that I had to choose a name from one of the vendors that he spawned. I chose the name of the first vendor that he spawned, which was Erskine. So Bob the Scribe is no longer, he was renamed to Erskine, and all because I enjoy the danger involved with fighting monsters, and not having to stand behind a Nightmare while it does all the fighting for me. I still go to deciet now and again and do huge Brazier spawns, but now I can be found mainly in Destard (Fel) with my fire breathing Dragon friends. It's great fun having 6-12 dragons chasing you and then having to avoid a bunch of PK's, wish I had spotted this place before the Brazier incident, I would have been fighting in destard away from the little cry baby Nightmare sheilding whimps. And would have still had my name.
But I have emailed them an appeal and am still waiting for a response. All this happened nearly 2 weeks ago now.

D

Dor of Sonoma

Ahhh...yet another "keeper". *grins*

I love your work, Bob. Thanks for making me smile /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I seem to need that alot, these days. :)

T

TishMorgna

Umm...Bob? How was your name "illegal"? I don't understand how anyone could be offended by the name "Bob the scribe".

B

Bob the Scribe

It's because my characters name could be mistaken for an NPC vendor. Even though you don't see many Glorious Lord vendors who ride around dungeons on Ethreal Ostards

Status
Not open for further replies.