• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Odd Imbuing Question - Antique

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone ever imbued an Antique item? Will the resulting imbued item still be Antique? If you found a clean jewelry item with only SSI & dex, it would really suck if it would stay Antique.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes they stay antique if you can imbue it. They usually are over stat. I've never seen a 2 property antique item.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I normally exclude Antique items from my VS. But I was searching for jewelry with 1 stat and SSI & I just got to wondering. There were no Antique ones, but several regular / prized.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the only useful antique items would be Legendary or Major Artifact shields being used by non-humans with 0 parry skill. Shields held by non-parry types rarely take damage, and I've seen one go 6 months without getting hit/taking damage.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think the only useful antique items would be Legendary or Major Artifact shields being used by non-humans with 0 parry skill. Shields held by non-parry types rarely take damage, and I've seen one go 6 months without getting hit/taking damage.
I don't get antique shields very often that are Legendary or Major Artifacts. Do you? Seems like they all come brittle.

Lord Telchar

Adventurer
I think antique items are meant to lose durability even you don't take damage during a battle. On the other hand antique jewelry loses durability because of the mana regeneration even you use it for training in your own house that you are not in any battle but by just casting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think antique items are meant to lose durability even you don't take damage during a battle. On the other hand antique jewelry loses durability because of the mana regeneration even you use it for training in your own house that you are not in any battle but by just casting.
I accidentally wore a antique ring while training music with a paperclip on last object. Just sitting at Luna bank the ring was almost gone when the instrument wore out.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I accidentally wore a antique ring while training music with a paperclip on last object. Just sitting at Luna bank the ring was almost gone when the instrument wore out.
at least antique doesn’t break at 0

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is that correct? If true that is awesome...
no, this is not correct. i lost a ton of durability on this ring last week while training up a pet at the crazed mages. i didnt notice the durability messages because of all the training and healing spam. ring went from 255 to 218 before i noticed.

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes like all items it takes from the top when it gets to 0. I suppose he means that once they get to 0/0 they do not go poof?

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes like all items it takes from the top when it gets to 0. I suppose he means that once they get to 0/0 they do not go poof?
I thought when something hit zero it eventually disappeared? I remember someone saying antique could stay at 0 and durability max would drop before breaking at 0/0. I thought they were saying that this behavior was unique to antique items. If that is wrong I apologize for the misinfo.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only thing I had go poof was a Imbued bow that I did not see the warning on. So I know they eventually break. lol

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no, this is not correct. i lost a ton of durability on this ring last week while training up a pet at the crazed mages. i didnt notice the durability messages because of all the training and healing spam. ring went from 255 to 218 before i noticed.
Then I must have a bugged item this ring has been on my guy since the event for cult Armor. he is the guy I use for the chests and idocs in fel. 1606361914197.png been like that for 2 years

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
weird. could be just the way you play maybe? like my ring burned down because i was spamming spells and that apparently destroys rings lol. if you arent do that and just running around hiding and picking stuff it might not get durability checks much

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Die alot in fel for idocs only way to get away with anything.
weird. could be just the way you play maybe? like my ring burned down because i was spamming spells and that apparently destroys rings lol. if you arent do that and just running around hiding and picking stuff it might not get durability checks much