• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An interesting fel encounter?

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So... I thought I would share a simple idea which could create some interesting PvM & PvP! An idea which, I believe, wouldn't take much time or effort from the devs to implement but could provide some great fel fun for players!

The idea: Once a week, at a random area of interest ONLY IN FEL, a world boss spawns. The boss spawns at a different time and day for each different shard to allow participation by players with characters on multiple shards - this will help create a larger turn out of players! When the boss spawns a global message appears providing a hint as to the whereabouts of the boss. For example "The Doombringer has appeared in the Lost Lands! Find him in the desert where lava lies." (or something similar). Players can then form groups, solve the riddle and quickly find the boss. The boss should operate kind of like an EM event boss encounter - A fair amount of HP, decent resists and could use spells like a Slasher or Stygian Dragon to make it a bit more interesting. The players fight over the boss for loot rights...

The loot... The boss should of course drop some sweet legendaries - in the quality of the Shadowguard Roof. Also, in order to keep this encounter fresh and exciting for a number of months it could be a good idea to give the boss a rare drop - maybe it can drop a rare deco armour set or title deeds, fun deco or whatever. One of these items should drop per boss in the bag of a random player and should be cursed and therefore lootable if you die ;) - maybe whoever has the item on their person highlights purple? - this may be a little harsh but IMO I think fel could benefit from some harshness :D A rare set of armour would be a great reward - which is difficult and takes a fair amount of time to collect.

The benefit of this idea is that it wouldn't take long to implement and could provide some much needed pvp fun :D

So what do you stratics people think? Feel free to add onto the idea!

@Mesanna What do you think of this idea? :)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wouldn't it just be easier to add a shard wide announcement (like server down message) stating "Harrower Spawned on Lake Superior!" ? ;)

-P.E.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So... I thought I would share a simple idea which could create some interesting PvM & PvP! An idea which, I believe, wouldn't take much time or effort from the devs to implement but could provide some great fel fun for players!

The idea: Once a week, at a random area of interest ONLY IN FEL, a world boss spawns. The boss spawns at a different time and day for each different shard to allow participation by players with characters on multiple shards - this will help create a larger turn out of players! When the boss spawns a global message appears providing a hint as to the whereabouts of the boss. For example "The Doombringer has appeared in the Lost Lands! Find him in the desert where lava lies." (or something similar). Players can then form groups, solve the riddle and quickly find the boss. The boss should operate kind of like an EM event boss encounter - A fair amount of HP, decent resists and could use spells like a Slasher or Stygian Dragon to make it a bit more interesting. The players fight over the boss for loot rights...

The loot... The boss should of course drop some sweet legendaries - in the quality of the Shadowguard Roof. Also, in order to keep this encounter fresh and exciting for a number of months it could be a good idea to give the boss a rare drop - maybe it can drop a rare deco armour set or title deeds, fun deco or whatever. One of these items should drop per boss in the bag of a random player and should be cursed and therefore lootable if you die ;) - maybe whoever has the item on their person highlights purple? - this may be a little harsh but IMO I think fel could benefit from some harshness :D A rare set of armour would be a great reward - which is difficult and takes a fair amount of time to collect.

The benefit of this idea is that it wouldn't take long to implement and could provide some much needed pvp fun :D

So what do you stratics people think? Feel free to add onto the idea!

@Mesanna What do you think of this idea? :)

I'd be down for this.

Five bucks someone says though, "that's not fair! What about trammel?"

Although, anywhere but the lost lands. Those are the worst.

(Some) People may actually use those if they could recall in or they added them to something like the moonstone for Eodon. But I digress.

Slappyjipper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I kinda like the idea of the boss spawning in T2A. I think it would be better if it spawned in an area where you can't recall/gate into or out of - that will make it much harder to escape with the loot - which I am all for.

- Yes it is similar to a harrower encounter, which are fun! But it will be a new boss, with some new loot. And it will spawn at the same time every week. Knowing that you can login on this day and time every week to find some good fel pvm/pvp action is what this idea is all about :) And without the tiresome task of collecting all the champ skulls *yawn*.

Frodo The Great

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm i like this Idea to be honest, i think it will bring PVP back to shards that don't have much of it.. Also i would like to add that possibly to implement a system with this idea where the Rewards change every 2 months.. So you only have a chance to get this item for 2 months then the next 2 months it changes to another drop, this allows people to get different drops at different times, also makes the drops worth going for when then boss appears, as you will have to wait another year ish to get that drop again, Possibly every 3 months or so but you get what i mean, i myself play a lot of PVM but with this idea i would be so willing to learn PVP and get PVPING with this system.. As for once a week i think thats a Brilliant idea as gives people a chance to ready up, as you said, the boss should be hard and not easy to kill, would need some sort of tactics, Maybe it has something like a Barrel it throws at you and you have 30 seconds to pick it up and throw it back to do a little more dmg or something (Just A Example). I for one would be So happy to see this implemented into the game.

Great Idea There! Love It!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Better idea: make what we already have relevant! Not being negative but before adding any new encounters they should make the ones we already have worth doing.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really like this idea as well.

Better idea: make what we already have relevant! Not being negative but before adding any new encounters they should make the ones we already have worth doing.
I mean... yea... but this will take a lot more time and effort. OP proposed a new, fun, simple addition. Also "making content we have relevant" is very broad and doesn't propose any idea whatsoever. OP's suggestion is to make fel active / have something to bring players into a single area to battle. "making content we have relevant", whatever that means, doesn't really accomplish the same goal.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or simply have a 5-10% chance for a random champ to pop at the vvv town upon capping and altar that gets announced in gen chat.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not going to happen

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Or simply have a 5-10% chance for a random champ to pop at the vvv town upon capping and altar that gets announced in gen chat.
Eh, no. The VVV town/King of the hill system pretty much sucks.

No one wants to make this a timed event before it becomes a guard zone again.