• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An idea for all you regular posters

H

Harvest Moon

I was just thinking about how the most dedicated tamers in UO are the ones that post on this board. It is a shame that the only way that we interact is through the discussions that we have with each other. Its too bad that we don't all play on the same shard. Well, why don't we do something about it?

Lets say that we all decide on one shard then we each make a newbie char on that shard. That way, we could start playing UO together. Of course, I am only expecting the masochistic type of tamer that likes a challenge to be interested in this idea.

Feel free to post if you think this is a good idea or a dumb idea. If you think that this would not work because a tamer with 50 taming and 50 lore is worthless, just imagine hunting with 5 polar bears or forest ostards.

If you think that a certain shard would be better for this idea, I would be interested in hearing about it. Otherwise, the shard will be chosen randomly. If the shard that is chosen happens to be the shard you play on, you can only join this group if you create a new tamer.

G

Tis a fine idea but the fact that all of us are not even close to any geographic nexus puts this on a slow sinking boat. It looks like the most active posters are from Europe or N. America which is not conducive for thoes two groups to get together and i'm playing a W Coast shard from Japan and going any further east is down right brutal on the ping.

L

Luvan

I agree it is a great idea.
And based on the knowledge i have of people on this shard, it wouldnt take too long to have at least kit's (my favorite pet anyways) instead of polar bears and ostards.
but what of housing. None of us would be very willing to give up our homes. And you can only own 1 house regardless of how many shards u play on.

it is a grand idea. I like it, i really do.
But it is too idealistic i think to pull off.

G

While an interesting theory, it has a flawed premiss.

Just because one post here doesn't make them:

<blockquote><hr>

the most dedicated tamers in UO

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, but very flawed.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

And based on the knowledge i have of people on this shard, it wouldnt take too long to have at least kit's (my favorite pet anyways) instead of polar bears and ostards.
but what of housing. None of us would be very willing to give up our homes. And you can only own 1 house regardless of how many shards u play on.

it is a grand idea. I like it, i really do.
But it is too idealistic i think to pull off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that it would take much time at all to be able to use kits tbh. you could get lore up to 115 and taming to 60-70 in a day. From there you could simple use items to bring you taming allmost up to GM wich is enough to even use Cu's. 101 taming and 115 lore lets you control a Cu 99% of the time.
But sure it would be a bit of work

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW back to topic!

I think this is a good ideá. If you get this party started i will surely join you! Just PM me a time and a shard where idont ping 428374+

H

Harvest Moon

Lol a group of newbie tamers running around Siege could be a lot of fun, as long as you don't get mad about getting pk'ed. I live on the east coast and I play on Chessie and Baja. My ping time on Baja isn't noticeably worse than on Chessie. So I think that as long as you are in North America and we pick a shard in North America, it should work well.

I

imported_Hinotori

I've spent almost two weeks without a computer so I haven't been posting.

Just set a time and date and I'll try and make it. I have a baby tamer on Seige I really need to work on too.

G

well went and deleted my victim on siege and started a newb tamer.....

I

imported_GFY

Maybe save a bit of time and TRANSFER your tamer to a new shard you all could agree on? Unless your heart is really set on seige?!

H

Harvest Moon

I already have a newbie tamer on Siege with around 63 taming. So I have a bit of a head start. Wow, I got a better response than I though I would get. I'm really excited about this venture. Should we try to pick a time to meet each other in game?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope you all have fun playing siege. Im afraid that i ping to bad to siege, it isnt playable at all.

Keep me updated anyway!

G

I'm in the UK and ping Europa between 17-30 and I ping Siege at about 100-130. I have still lead-tamed bake kits on Siege.

There are a number of us Europeans that regularly play Siege. Heck, I can die almost as fast to pks on Europa lol.

My tamer, Vox, is presently on hold on Siege and has reached the heady heights of mid-80's taming/lore.

For all kinds of reasons, I absolutely love Siege Perilous. For the immediate future, however, I'm severely restricted in how much time I can actually spend online.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont get me wrong. I love sige aswell and the siege community is allmost ass good as Europe

But i cant play with such lag. I cant interupt a single mage spell since my screen freezes every 20 seconds. Kinda hard to Compete with such lag.
Ive been thinking about making a bard and go PVM all the way though ^^