• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An easy one: How to stack chests?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, they keep falling into the chest below. Help this newb decorate, lol, now that I can actually craft some of this stuff myself (carp up to 75 woot)...la

B

Bamboo_Spyder

Drop the first chest raise it with a deco tool several clicks, drop your next chest in the same spot, rinse repeat until you have however many you want. Use the tool to adjust up and down as neccessary.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want to try to place it just next to the bottom part of the chest, so your cursor points at that area. Takes some practice, but deco is not for the faint of heart. :D

T

T_Amon_from_work

In addition to what Bamboo_Spyder sez there is a sweet spot that if you drop a chest on that spot, it pops to the top of the stack. Just like the "good ole days" before the tool, it's still there and works well.

The spot is in a target area about where the existing chest meets the floor - that junction point. Almost like you're gonna drop the incoming chest in it, but not quite.

Takes a bit of practice but I can stack 3-high piles of chests rather easily that way ... using the tool only to turn them as needed. <shrug>

B

Bamboo_Spyder

LOL That "sweet spot likes to hide from me entirely too often. But once you find it for certain thins it does help. Like Vines, I can place those with ease but I know friends that cus and hollar at the vines, then call me to place them, then cus and fus at me cause i did it quick lol. But Ya gotta love deco!!

T

Teeshy

I nearly ALWAYS use the trash barrel for vines =P Can't do them - have trouble with chests way too often too - I suppose you could use the trash barrel for them too?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico,

I use T Amon's method, of drop and pop in place. The secret is to target close to the lower left edge of the already placed container but make sure the actual chest you are targeting near is not highlighted yellow (current target). This will get you lovely 3 - 4 high chests easily in any area where you don't have obstructions in the upper layers of your level. For those problem spots, I do the drop 1 chest and raise, then stuff another below and use deco tool to pretty them up.

-Skylark

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the int. decorator tool...and it worked great. My tower looks so tidy now. :) If I could actually buy the spot across from mine (outside of Cove) I would design a thief town...but no. Marigold is nowhere to be found, and Cheepy has never responded. So no I am stuck with this large tower I am affraid to resize. If Cove had a gate, it would be a great vendor location since you can access the vendors on the roof from inside of town. Unfortunately, my vendors cost too much to keep up when nobody was buying my loot...:( ...The sad thing...over the years, I have stolen some pretty nice stuff, I swear I have at least 50 pet balls from various tamers on the shard, lol...la

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the int. decorator tool...and it worked great. My tower looks so tidy now. :) If I could actually buy the spot across from mine (outside of Cove) I would design a thief town...but no. Marigold is nowhere to be found, and Cheepy has never responded. So no I am stuck with this large tower I am affraid to resize. If Cove had a gate, it would be a great vendor location since you can access the vendors on the roof from inside of town. Unfortunately, my vendors cost too much to keep up when nobody was buying my loot...:( ...The sad thing...over the years, I have stolen some pretty nice stuff, I swear I have at least 50 pet balls from various tamers on the shard, lol...la
I think you can resize safely now, you stand under your house sign and say 'i wish to resize my house' or something similar and you get 15 minutes of safe placing. Dunno what happens to your stuff, you probably have to throw it in banks and put on packies/boats/etc.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the resizing I am concerned with. I really want the spot across from my plot. I would then have three plots right outside of the Cove gate, so i could tie the designs together...until that happens, I'll keep the tower.

I just have never been able to find the home owner nor have I seen anyone in the house...la

N

Ni-

It's not the resizing I am concerned with. I really want the spot across from my plot. I would then have three plots right outside of the Cove gate, so i could tie the designs together...until that happens, I'll keep the tower.

I just have never been able to find the home owner nor have I seen anyone in the house...la
I believe we still have some bugged houses for accounts that are close. My friend's houses are still standing and I am pretty sure she is not still paying for her accounts, though I could be wrong.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That could be it, but at the same time, I know a number of players who have houses on Siege that don't play there, but play on other shards. This is the primary reason i am against the attempts of people to have accounts allowed to own mulitple homes, on seperate shards. Good spots can get held up by people who don't even take the time to log in on our shard...la

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That could be it, but at the same time, I know a number of players who have houses on Siege that don't play there, but play on other shards. This is the primary reason i am against the attempts of people to have accounts allowed to own mulitple homes, on seperate shards. Good spots can get held up by people who don't even take the time to log in on our shard...la
You can do that thing where you leave a pile of 6 gold with a book on top for them to read, do that a few times a day for a couple weeks and try to hit them. If their house is private you can try to drop it on their plot (unless its totally walled off arond the perimeter, then stick it on the stairs), and being private no one else will see it cause it will not load up for them.