• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] An Appology

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
About a month ago I decided it would be cool to put glowing runes all over my castle. I was thinking I'd "ward" all my doors with glowing runes to prevent entrance from vampires and such. Vampires are such a pain in the ass once they get a foot hold in your house as you well know. So for about a month I bought every glowing rune on ATL I saw. I must have bought like 40 or 50 in the 3 to 7 million range. I now see glowing runes with prices around 20 million. I'm thinking to myself I probably did this lol. So I'm pretty well set on these now and hopefully prices should return to normal in the near future. Sorry

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I kinda want a pic to... with vampires stuck on the outside.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It's hard to post a pic because I have doors all over and I put 2 in front of each door lol Like where I have double doors I put one in front of each door, stairwell,stuff like that. But I haven't seen a vampire for weeks.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I just tried to put them at every entrance lol. Sorta like this. My museum. My castle. Wherever a vampire might get in. Or if they got in they would just hit another warding. Seemed logical at the time.

stairs.jpg

runes.jpg

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seems like it would have been cheaper going crazy on some garlic... them vampires apparently don't like it hehe :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If you didn't leave all that blood lying around in that murder room you apparently have, maybe the stylish vampires wouldn't be drawn to your place.
I prefer calling it the "Justice Room". That room is rented to an old mage and I'm not sure what goes on in there. He keeps it locked.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
If you didn't leave all that blood lying around in that murder room you apparently have, maybe the stylish vampires wouldn't be drawn to your place.
So I talked to the mage that rents the room and it's all very innocent. The blood is from where he prepares chickens for dinner. He is deeply religious and even has an alter to pray to the ghods. He has a lovely well behaved pet spider. Who doesn't have a few skeletons in their closet? Everything seems on the up and up. I mentioned the blood might be drawing vampires and he said he scrubs and scrubs but those nasty blood stains are tough to get out. I advised him that might cost him his security deposit and he promises to work on it.

mage.jpg

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, well clearly everything is good then. Just make sure he has his Breaking Wheel registered with the kingdom, don't wanna get hit with any fines during a routine inspection. And probably put his pet zombie on a leash

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's really amazing how just one person on a buying spree can totally alter the UO market like this. It's even more evident at higher levels, like someone managing to raise the price of a rare from 100m to 500m overnight just by buying them all.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's really amazing how just one person on a buying spree can totally alter the [[[UO]]] market like this. It's even more evident at higher levels, like someone managing to raise the price of a rare from 100m to 500m overnight just by buying them all.
Art imitates life! :D

I advise to read William Gibson's "The Peripheral" on this topic...

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have an unnatural amount of some items. I get on kicks where I will collect multiples. When the winged ranger helms dropped I bought 6 of them. I have my own personal ranger squad protecting my castle. They all have ranger armor, marksman set and skara brae sasheshes. I am working on getting them all rugged ranger boots. 5 more pair to go. With these guys the price on winged helms started at 70 mil each and the last one I bought was 130. So, I unintentionally caused prices to go up on the items I was collecting!