• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I've been talking to Subishi most of the afternoon, and we've been talking about what went down a year ago.

I've discovered something.

I made a mistake. Well, a couple of them, really.

I mistakenly assumed that she had done something that she hadn't, and I stopped talking to her because of that. That made a situation (and a friendship) that could have been mended, into something that turned into a year long mistake.

So, to Subishi, I'd like to apologize for misjudging you, and not giving you the benefit of the doubt. And I'd also like to apologize for taking an entire year to say this to you.

That's all.

G

One time I will say this...

I saw this post and will NOT let anyone turn it into a flamefest ridden bunch of non-related 'wilki what about...' or 'do we get' thread.

The man came forward to correct a mistake.

Leave it at that.
Now you guys can all direct your 'anger' at me

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

'Who' cou'ld' pos'sib'bly be both 'angry' and 'confused' about ex'tran'eous a'pos'traphe's' at 'the' same t'im'e?

Hmm, that's actually not a bad way to 'divert' people's 'attention'....

G

Your jumping to assumptions rather fast aren't you?

I'm glad Wilki is appologizing... I don't see why anyone with a right mind would flame him...

Now I forgive you for your hasty words Zigzag... and I will gladly forgive wilki for his wrongful assumptions...

I hope everyone will feel the same as I do.

H

hilfiger

Ok EVERYONE wilki gave a apology EVERYBODY come back to SP now...

M

MeMn0cH

Anyone care to tell me whats going on?

I only started playing about year ago, and for the first 4 months I wasnt into the whole soap opera/politics/socailness of Siege..

*hugs* in advance.

C

Cleopatra

I've spoken to Subishi over time myself and I think she would admit to being 'emotionial' on occasion, and accept some blame for certain things herself.... This admission of blame on your part is a good thing in as much as you're now admitting certain faults (we all have them) It takes a certain type of person to be the first in an argument to accept they 'may' have been at fault.

I applaud you.

G

No shield because it's something I felt I had to do personally, so I used my personal account.

Just making that clear so there aren't any wilki quit/got fired/went to work on the sims rumors :)

G

<blockquote><hr>

accept they 'may' have been at fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there is no 'may' involved. I was wrong.

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

No shield because it's something I felt I had to do personally, so I used my personal account.

Just making that clear so there aren't any wilki quit/got fired/went to work on the sims rumors :)

[/ QUOTE ]

So Wilki, since you’re not on your business account can you give us the REAL news on the PBD project?

I assume only the finest groomed monkeys are working on them eh?

ha ha jk! Don’t get offended and bannzor me!

*hugs*

*hugs*

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now for a infinitly more important point that more than five people here will remember anything about (seeing as this was so long ago) when are we getting PBD's ??

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow Subishi, I have not even seen her on icq for almost a year. I think the entire community of seige lost, when she quit. I hope she is well!

Safe Journies
Riz

G

It is always difficult to to acknowledge a mistake publicly. I appreciate you coming forward and admitting that in these public forums. I see you are not on duty and using your private account, I will not bother you with "business questions" at this time. I will wait until you fire up the official EA Stratics account.

I hope others will have that same courtesy. *nods*

R

Rykus

I know we are not supposed to discuss certain topics, like someone being banned, but.... Does this public apology mean some other events from a year or so ago will be reversed as well? Just curious..

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If not, nothing restores order more effectively than a little concentrated chaos.

Give me the locations of any dissenters, 20 feet of rope, 2 hungry ferrets, and a bucket...

And people say I'm never helpful.

G

Regarding PBDs and other questions: It's Sunday :) I honestly don't know where MrTact is on his project. I know he completed the design doc and was trying to get to implementing it ASAP. Past that, I'm not sure. I'll try and get an update this week when I'm actually at work.

As for the status of people on this forum, I have nothing to do with that.

However, Subishi asked me to pass this on to you just now:

<blockquote><hr>

Rykus -- I assume you're talking about my Stratics ban.

I no longer post on Stratics at my own request. Kelmo banned me last winter because I asked him too. Kelmo has always had my permission, sent to him via PM, to relay that information to anyone who asks.

Wilki also has my permission to post this ICQ here -- I don't want there to be any misunderstandings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope that answers your questions!

C

Cleopatra

Wilki said;

"Well, there is no 'may' involved. I was wrong."

Many of us are wrong at times, but you are big enough to admit it, like I said, I applaud you for that.

G

GonthraX

<blockquote><hr>

One time I will say this...

I saw this post and will NOT let anyone turn it into a flamefest ridden bunch of non-related 'wilki what about...' or 'do we get' thread.

The man came forward to correct a mistake.

Leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, direct this. Why the hell are all you toons posting in this thread any way, seems this is a matter between Wilki and Subishi.

*Checks name*

Nope, YOUR for sure not Subishi...

*Does on down the list*

G

*smiles*
This is so good to see! There was a lot of anger and hurting going on around here last year. Its good to see some mending. Thanks, Wilki.

A

Asmodeus (Atl)

Well, as long as year-old apologies are going around, Wilki, I should probably apologize to you for some of the things I said back then. I'd just spent the entire day dealing with this mess of a forum, and I was probably a bit punchy and irritated. I know I've never been the coolest head on staff, but I shouldn't have blown up on you the way I did. Sorry.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I know I've never been the coolest head on staff, but I shouldn't have blown up on you the way I did. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.. ditto as far as the cool head goes.. my past personal issues with Wilki have nothing to do with the Subishi thing... but tosses out the same apology for blowing up stuff more than necessary.

G

You're a smart guy John and I know you love to think you are right all the time - well except when we argue, you should know better than that.
So I know this had to be tough for you! I'm glad you two patched things up. I'm always in favor of people holding hands and singing kum bah yah and all that good stuff.

Ok well not the hugs, the hugs need to go.

But all that other stuff is just fine.

G

Glad to see that old problem got solved even when I doubt it was all your fail but that's my view on it.

*Hat off*

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

Ok well not the hugs, the hugs need to go.

But all that other stuff is just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

*hugs*

Hugs make me feel tingly inside

G

I'm sure it wasnt an easy post to make John.
*hugs*

Hopefully the people involved can let it go now.

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure it wasnt an easy post to make John.
*hugs*

Hopefully the people involved can let it go now.

[/ QUOTE ]

G'morning fab!
*hugs*

Your stealing my latest catch line hug

Its ok tho! Hugs make people feel good about themselves..
Anyone got any ideas on a good crafting template? I might make memnoch into a cook, or a nice sheperd herder, I hear kelmo likes sheep why not deliver them to him!?

/*hugs*

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

Your stealing my latest catch line hug

Its ok tho! Hugs make people feel good about themselves..
Anyone got any ideas on a good crafting template? I might make memnoch into a cook, or a nice sheperd herder, I hear kelmo likes sheep why not deliver them to him!?

/*hugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

He likes them *hot*, not cooked....

Think lingerie and lipstick.

G

HUGS!!

Didn't really know what happened, not my business, but you are appreciated.

So is Subishi, she helped me out quite a bit when I was starting out...I miss her.

*my two cents*

C

Chesh

Many made wrong assumptions regarding Subishi; for me personally, it took a flame to burn it's brightest before seeing the entire picture. However, once it burned out, I quickly made my ammends and Subishi is one of the kindest, sweetest of people I met playing on Siege Perilous. I don't play UO anymore and can't see myself coming back but Subishi and a few others will forever be remembered warmly with Soul Sage and I.

S

StabbyYooStyle

i don't know anything about the situation from a year ago, but I do know it takes alot of class to admit one's own faults.

G

Sorry to bump guys, but I honest to god just found this post...

So lemme throw my "i'm sorry's" out there as well

whats done is done

G

As much as I would love to have Wilki back talking to us, I am not certain the Siege folks will let him. It seems some will not forgive. Lord knows they never forget.

G

you know kelmo, there was alot of anger...bitterness...and the boards was in complete chaos for a while. The whole thing left a stain that may never be cleaned. I won't forget what happened. Alot of good people got banned and are still banned because of it. alot of others left for good. alot of us, including me, rode that storm...and well...was a part of it :p

there were times that I thought I would have gotten a perma ban. surprised I didn't. but...y'know, I still hate the lot of ya either way

D

Dor of Sonoma

Everyone please simmer down.

I don't know why you felt compelled to stir these ashes, Ru...but you did.

Howsomever it may be, that is still no excuse for folks to act petty at this late date. What's done is OVER, and the past lies dead.

Please, everyone, get a grip and move on.

Thank you.

G

there are sins that can never be forgiven. t'was a very ugly time

G

Let it go. I know you can. Good night Tigs. Do not get silly, mmkay?

G

I lost alot of good friends because of that stupidity. Now all I have is Eirlyse and you....my god, what a sad life I live

*cries*

and you have your sheeps

*cries*

and I am left alone ...in a cold bed...with wool all over the place

K

Kat SP

I'm diggin' up bones
I'm diggin' up bones
Exuming thing's that are better left alone
I'm resurrecting memories of a love that's dead and gone
Yeah tonight I'm sittin' alone
Diggin up bones

G

nah, because if [censored] forget about what happened in the past, then they are less likely to repeat it

unless if they are really [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] and they want to [censored] [censored] [censored] out of spite and revenge...or ego trips

W

wavace

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm diggin' up bones
I'm diggin' up bones
Exuming thing's that are better left alone
I'm resurrecting memories of a love that's dead and gone
Yeah tonight I'm sittin' alone
Diggin up bones
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow.... heh did u actually listen to this music back in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.