• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An apology, and a request to you all

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok folks,

I have been getting spun up over Publish 98. Some of you have too. After twenty years of life, the UO fanbase has been distilled down to the most ardent supporters. Some of us like PvP, or PvM, or Deco, or Event Item collecting, but ALL of us share a passion for the game or we wouldn't have hung on this long.

When a change is implemented by the dev team, it feels personal sometimes. I have been disappointed in the list of 20th rewards. I have been disappointed in the mastery changes and pet reverts. I am still disappointed in the uneven stance on scripting (I personally don't care, I just want a consistent stance).

At some point today, I asked myself, Why do I bother? If this game causes me to spend even 30 minutes stressing over a change, it has ceased to be a form of relaxation and entertainment that I feel is salubrious.

I thought about Stratics too, and the recent disposition towards the negative aspects of UO development and management. I'm not making a statement that those concerns are unfounded (they certainly are), but just noting the trend.

In an attempt to take my mind off the subject (and put Stratics out of sight for a few minutes), I browsed over to one of the other forums I frequent. There I found an update to their user rules that was spookily prescient of my mood:

Early Retirement Extreme Forums - Active topics

Which was in turn based on this website:

The Core Rules of Netiquette -- Excerpted from Netiquette by Virginia Shea -- Albion.com

So here is how I have broken the rules. I write this as an example for all of us, a chance for a little personal reflection in the face of our uncomfortably Stockholm-like relationship with UO:

Rule 1: Remember the Human

Mesanna is a living, breathing human. Bleak goes home and laughs and cries and poops just like the rest of us. Norrington is not, in fact, in any way an 1800s aristocratic Captain, but instead someone who gets indigestion and heartburn and the occasional sore throat. Kyronix gets laid sometimes, and feels happy. Sometimes he doesn't, and that makes him sad. Just like all of us. It is so easy when we only see pixel avatars of each other to forget all this. To forget that de leet ed or Scribbles, or gods help me, even Drakelord, are actually fragile sacks of bone and water. So try to remember it. It isn't easy, especially when you are so passionate about something that you give it some small piece of your life for decades. But try. Try to remember before you hit 'Submit'. I have disregarded this all too often recently, and it made our dialogue less productive.

Rule 2: Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life

Sadly, this is one I haven't actually broken. I am, in real life, just as critical and ornery and outraged about certain things on a regular basis as I am on Stratics. You often read in inspirational venues that "passion" is a virtue, and to search for your passion in life. Well what if your passion is having a righteous sense of indignation? That isn't helpful. That isn't good. And that is what I do all too often.

Rule 3: Know where you are in cyberspace

Face it folks, if the Internet were a physical city, Stratics is the IHOP in that gentrified suburb that no one under 40 lives in now. UO is the run-down Chuck E Cheese across the street. This stuff is old. In Internet years, this place, and UO, are the equivalent of that Motel 6 on the old state road that died when the interstate came through 60 years ago.
While things should be maintained, and we should be careful to not make excuses too often, we can't escape the fact that this $H!T is old. It breaks. Sometimes folks don't know how to readily fix it.

Rule 4: Respect other people's time and bandwidth

The reference to bandwidth is cute, especially to those of us ( a lot of us!) who started on dial-ups. But the issue of time is relevant. I often make claims in posts about some issue or another without providing any supporting material. I ultimately have to make three or four more posts to back up my point. That isn't conducive to constructive dialogue. Some folks here are really good about posting chat excerpts, or screenshots, or links. Do that. Support your argument. Try, at least, to shift away from those all-encompassing generalizations that we make in the heat of the moment. This has been especially predominant lately.

Rule 5: Make yourself look good online

If the only threads I comment on are those I disagree with, I build a virtual identity around me that is destructive and unproductive. Folks will see my avatar, remember that I'm an angry SOB, and scroll right past my comment. I have been more and more guilty of this. I need to comment on posts where a player, or a dev, or a mod, SOMEONE has been helpful. Or made a valid point, even when it hurts my own argument. I can't be right all the time. I can't speak for everyone else's playstyle. My overactive sense of justice doesn't abrogate my responsibility to listen to the other side.

Rule 6: Share expert knowledge

Again, total failure here. I have REPEATEDLY known an easier, more efficient way to obtain an item or goal in game than what I see being discussed in a thread, and because of the users participating in the conversation, I withhold the information. The motto I should have above my monitor should read, "Be More Like Bealank". She never fails to assist a player, in game or in the forum, and always shares her (very expert) knowledge. I should be emabarrased that I do less.

Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under control

"It was a pleasure to burn." A memorable line from a memorable book, and one that is not as unrelated as it may first seem to the topic at hand. For every Stratics poster attempting to douse a heated debate, there are three others coming behind them striking matches as fast as possible. I usually have an acetylene torch, cutting through friend and foe alike. Obviously at least some of our behavior is influenced by the issues we face with General Chat. Before I post, I SHOULD ask, does this add something constructive? What I in fact USUALLY ask is, is this written for maximum flame?

Rule 8: Respect other people's privacy

This is the only one I can't think of a single infraction for any of us. So kudos! We at least are not doxxing folks here, so well done, that!

Rule 9: Don't abuse your power

Tell the truth, when you first read that, did you think of a name right away? I thought of three. Immediately. And that is really unfortunate, because if I'm honest with myself, I mean really honest, I know essentially nothing about the situation around all three. I (and maybe you too) am so sensitive of an abuse of power that I often jump to conclusions. I make statements that imply more than I can support with factual evidence. It is one of the worst aspects of my UO persona. And THAT is an abuse of power. As a long time player, and at least for several years, active member of Siege Perilous, what I say and do and write has a cetain unspoken power that can be radioactive in effect, poisoning the opinions around me slowly over time. And sadly, while I am very guilty of this, I'm not alone. Many of us unconsciously do the same. If you could dissect the jellied brain of Siege and study the different parts, you'd find this tumor throughout, infecting all groups, all guilds, all attitudes. You have power in what you say, use it wisely.

Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes

This is hard. To feel cheated, or betrayed, or angry at how a situation is handled, these are natural reactions when I feel strongly about something. I love UO. It reminds me of so much happiness from years gone by. So if something happens that rubs me raw, like a change in a Publish, or being excluded from a shard activity, I don't react rationally. I hold everyone involved in the game to almost unbelievable levels of expectation. Few people have survived my company in UO this many years, because when these moments happen, I go full reptile. THREAT, FIGHT, FLEE! my lizard brain screams. Only those few who have somehow maintained the standards above, a rarest of achievements, and thus never met my ire, are unscathed. For every Spiffykeen or Bealank (bless you both, saints in hooded robes that you are), there are a hundred Drakelords or Bo Bos or Merlins who I just never forgave for some slight in the past, real or imagined. But I have to try harder. If this little ecosystem we've carved out in cyperspace really reflects my internal self, I've got to learn how to forgive others. It is just a videogame after all. If I can't let stuff roll off my back, I need to stop playing, because I'm not getting any younger, and I'm sure as hell not getting any healthier. So I'm sorry folks. I've made some mistakes in my UO life. Bear with me.

I encourage each of you to remind me of this thread the next time I post something inane, or inflammatory, or unjust. Spam GC with the reminder the next time I'm insinuating the EM is being influenced by a specific guild. Call my ass out when I go supernova over some underpaid, underappreciated person's inability to immediately inact code changes.

I probably won't like it. But I'll deserve it.

And then send me back here to this post, and I'll try again.

-- Hephaestus of Legends, Calavera of Siege, a getting too old for this stuff sack of bones and blood, and erstwhile UO fan.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You make many excellent points. I get frustrated but also understand that their are many good things that keep me playing UO off and on since 1998. I have left quite a few times saying I would never come back, even completely stripping one account and giving all the stuff to a friend. I have played WOW, LOTRO, KOTOR, DDO etc... and none of them even come close to UO in my humble opinion. My biggest problem is the high risk, low reward factor in UO and the fact everything is time consuming. I work and have a wife and 5 kids so my UO time is limited. However I have never found an online community like I have found in UO. Thank you for putting this into perspective, while there are some negatives there are many positives too. The devs are put into a tough spot a lot and do not get the credit they deserve.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I 100% agree. The only trouble with this policy that I agree with is that if you follow this pristine way of posting on a forum they die very quickly. It's just experts going back and forth with statistics. It becomes as exciting as science. Science is exciting for those skilled enough to participate but the vast majority that aren't it's boring to watch.

Passion and opinion make forums great too. But I'm just being a dork and arguing like I usually do... sorry.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lore, you are correct. A forum without those things would be dry indeed. I think a trap I fall into is that I express my opinion passionately without regard for others. It is possible to do that consistently and omit those last for words. That is the sticking point I believe, the difference between vibrant and toxic.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Great post, you are right of course, the Dev team have feelings too! Yes there has been a lot of negativity, but I don't think people's intentions are bad, we all love this game and when you love something you want the best for it. We all just get frustrated sometimes.

Norrington is not, in fact, in any way an 1800s aristocratic Captain
I think you might be wrong about that part though...

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You make many excellent points. I get frustrated but also understand that their are many good things that keep me playing UO off and on since 1998. I have left quite a few times saying I would never come back, even completely stripping one account and giving all the stuff to a friend. I have played WOW, LOTRO, KOTOR, DDO etc... and none of them even come close to UO in my humble opinion. My biggest problem is the high risk, low reward factor in UO and the fact everything is time consuming. I work and have a wife and 5 kids so my UO time is limited. However I have never found an online community like I have found in UO. Thank you for putting this into perspective, while there are some negatives there are many positives too. The devs are put into a tough spot a lot and do not get the credit they deserve.
Same here, totally agreed and went through the same. Now 5 accounts... but going to reduce after the pet mastery nerf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Great post, you are right of course, the Dev team have feelings too! Yes there has been a lot of negativity, but I don't think people's intentions are bad, we all love this game and when you love something you want the best for it. We all just get frustrated sometimes.

I think you might be wrong about that part though...
If they need more help, they can hire me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Same here, totally agreed and went through the same. Now 5 accounts... but going to reduce after the pet mastery nerf.

I said I'm not making my final decision till after the end of the year... but it's not looking very good... more of the same BS is really not making me want to stay.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very nicely written, but I"m going to stand firm. High Seas changes apparently aren't going into this publish like they said, no mention of the grizzled mare getting added like they said, all of the money I and others have spent only to have a huge change like Consume Dmg lay the smack down on everyone.....but hey it's ok...look at the pretty Halloween shinies....sigh.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <snip> ...
I have been getting spun up over Publish 98. Some of you have too. After twenty years of life, the UO fanbase has been distilled down to the most ardent supporters. Some of us like PvP, or PvM, or Deco, or Event Item collecting, but ALL of us share a passion for the game or we wouldn't have hung on this long.
... <huge snip> ...
Jeez, that was a good post! Thank you!

I would suggest one addition, if I may.
=====
Rule 11: Respect the other players play choices
If someone is ardently PvP and you aren't then do NOT bash on them or the gaming choice they made. It's part of the game. If you have chosen to live and play in the Trammel ruleset, others should respect that decision. It makes you no less of a player than them - just different.

=====
Too many times I have seen both sides of the PvP coin take up verbal arms in one way or another. Bothers me no end because - as pointed out - we are here due to the love of the game. I'd like to see those types of discussion disappear.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I said I'm not making my final decision till after the end of the year... but it's not looking very good... more of the same BS is really not making me want to stay.
@MalagAste - I paid the other day for 6 months. While I don't tame, I feel for the folks like you who do. The nerf-stick has been used all too often thru the years. But - back to the reason I'm writing.

When Scribbles posted their farewell, I mentioned I thought I might pull out as well. I only have one account so little dent will be made ... however I believe this is a 6-month countdown clock to cancellation and closure. I haven't had the energy or desire to even log in for several months - a sure sign I'm ready to go elsewhere. <shrug>

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok folks,

When a change is implemented by the dev team, it feels personal sometimes. I have been disappointed in the list of 20th rewards. I have been disappointed in the mastery changes and pet reverts. I am still disappointed in the uneven stance on scripting (I personally don't care, I just want a consistent stance).

At some point today, I asked myself, Why do I bother? If this game causes me to spend even 30 minutes stressing over a change, it has ceased to be a form of relaxation and entertainment that I feel is salubrious.

I thought about Stratics too, and the recent disposition towards the negative aspects of UO development and management. I'm not making a statement that those concerns are unfounded (they certainly are), but just noting the trend.

In an attempt to take my mind off the subject (and put Stratics out of sight for a few minutes), I browsed over to one of the other forums I frequent. There I found an update to their user rules that was spookily prescient of my mood:

Early Retirement Extreme Forums - Active topics

Which was in turn based on this website:

The Core Rules of Netiquette -- Excerpted from Netiquette by Virginia Shea -- Albion.com

So here is how I have broken the rules. I write this as an example for all of us, a chance for a little personal reflection in the face of our uncomfortably Stockholm-like relationship with UO:

Rule 1: Remember the Human

Mesanna is a living, breathing human. Bleak goes home and laughs and cries and poops just like the rest of us. Norrington is not, in fact, in any way an 1800s aristocratic Captain, but instead someone who gets indigestion and heartburn and the occasional sore throat. Kyronix gets laid sometimes, and feels happy. Sometimes he doesn't, and that makes him sad. Just like all of us. It is so easy when we only see pixel avatars of each other to forget all this. To forget that de leet ed or Scribbles, or gods help me, even Drakelord, are actually fragile sacks of bone and water. So try to remember it. It isn't easy, especially when you are so passionate about something that you give it some small piece of your life for decades. But try. Try to remember before you hit 'Submit'. I have disregarded this all too often recently, and it made our dialogue less productive.

Rule 2: Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life

Sadly, this is one I haven't actually broken. I am, in real life, just as critical and ornery and outraged about certain things on a regular basis as I am on Stratics. You often read in inspirational venues that "passion" is a virtue, and to search for your passion in life. Well what if your passion is having a righteous sense of indignation? That isn't helpful. That isn't good. And that is what I do all too often.

Rule 3: Know where you are in cyberspace

Face it folks, if the Internet were a physical city, Stratics is the IHOP in that gentrified suburb that no one under 40 lives in now. UO is the run-down Chuck E Cheese across the street. This stuff is old. In Internet years, this place, and UO, are the equivalent of that Motel 6 on the old state road that died when the interstate came through 60 years ago.
While things should be maintained, and we should be careful to not make excuses too often, we can't escape the fact that this $H!T is old. It breaks. Sometimes folks don't know how to readily fix it.

Rule 4: Respect other people's time and bandwidth

The reference to bandwidth is cute, especially to those of us ( a lot of us!) who started on dial-ups. But the issue of time is relevant. I often make claims in posts about some issue or another without providing any supporting material. I ultimately have to make three or four more posts to back up my point. That isn't conducive to constructive dialogue. Some folks here are really good about posting chat excerpts, or screenshots, or links. Do that. Support your argument. Try, at least, to shift away from those all-encompassing generalizations that we make in the heat of the moment. This has been especially predominant lately.

Rule 5: Make yourself look good online

If the only threads I comment on are those I disagree with, I build a virtual identity around me that is destructive and unproductive. Folks will see my avatar, remember that I'm an angry SOB, and scroll right past my comment. I have been more and more guilty of this. I need to comment on posts where a player, or a dev, or a mod, SOMEONE has been helpful. Or made a valid point, even when it hurts my own argument. I can't be right all the time. I can't speak for everyone else's playstyle. My overactive sense of justice doesn't abrogate my responsibility to listen to the other side.

Rule 6: Share expert knowledge

Again, total failure here. I have REPEATEDLY known an easier, more efficient way to obtain an item or goal in game than what I see being discussed in a thread, and because of the users participating in the conversation, I withhold the information. The motto I should have above my monitor should read, "Be More Like Bealank". She never fails to assist a player, in game or in the forum, and always shares her (very expert) knowledge. I should be emabarrased that I do less.

Rule 7: Help keep flame wars under control

"It was a pleasure to burn." A memorable line from a memorable book, and one that is not as unrelated as it may first seem to the topic at hand. For every Stratics poster attempting to douse a heated debate, there are three others coming behind them striking matches as fast as possible. I usually have an acetylene torch, cutting through friend and foe alike. Obviously at least some of our behavior is influenced by the issues we face with General Chat. Before I post, I SHOULD ask, does this add something constructive? What I in fact USUALLY ask is, is this written for maximum flame?

Rule 8: Respect other people's privacy

This is the only one I can't think of a single infraction for any of us. So kudos! We at least are not doxxing folks here, so well done, that!

Rule 9: Don't abuse your power

Tell the truth, when you first read that, did you think of a name right away? I thought of three. Immediately. And that is really unfortunate, because if I'm honest with myself, I mean really honest, I know essentially nothing about the situation around all three. I (and maybe you too) am so sensitive of an abuse of power that I often jump to conclusions. I make statements that imply more than I can support with factual evidence. It is one of the worst aspects of my UO persona. And THAT is an abuse of power. As a long time player, and at least for several years, active member of Siege Perilous, what I say and do and write has a cetain unspoken power that can be radioactive in effect, poisoning the opinions around me slowly over time. And sadly, while I am very guilty of this, I'm not alone. Many of us unconsciously do the same. If you could dissect the jellied brain of Siege and study the different parts, you'd find this tumor throughout, infecting all groups, all guilds, all attitudes. You have power in what you say, use it wisely.

Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes

This is hard. To feel cheated, or betrayed, or angry at how a situation is handled, these are natural reactions when I feel strongly about something. I love UO. It reminds me of so much happiness from years gone by. So if something happens that rubs me raw, like a change in a Publish, or being excluded from a shard activity, I don't react rationally. I hold everyone involved in the game to almost unbelievable levels of expectation. Few people have survived my company in UO this many years, because when these moments happen, I go full reptile. THREAT, FIGHT, FLEE! my lizard brain screams. Only those few who have somehow maintained the standards above, a rarest of achievements, and thus never met my ire, are unscathed. For every Spiffykeen or Bealank (bless you both, saints in hooded robes that you are), there are a hundred Drakelords or Bo Bos or Merlins who I just never forgave for some slight in the past, real or imagined. But I have to try harder. If this little ecosystem we've carved out in cyperspace really reflects my internal self, I've got to learn how to forgive others. It is just a videogame after all. If I can't let stuff roll off my back, I need to stop playing, because I'm not getting any younger, and I'm sure as hell not getting any healthier. So I'm sorry folks. I've made some mistakes in my UO life. Bear with me.

I encourage each of you to remind me of this thread the next time I post something inane, or inflammatory, or unjust. Spam GC with the reminder the next time I'm insinuating the EM is being influenced by a specific guild. Call my ass out when I go supernova over some underpaid, underappreciated person's inability to immediately inact code changes.

I probably won't like it. But I'll deserve it.

And then send me back here to this post, and I'll try again.

-- Hephaestus of Legends, Calavera of Siege, a getting too old for this stuff sack of bones and blood, and erstwhile UO fan.
I will treat them as humans but they need to treat us as paying customer. Some of these changes are costing us financially (time wasted aside). Can we ask for refund.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Last logged in around end of May. I'd suspect free loots coming from the houses dropping towards the end of August.

This publish did nothing to change my mind. This isn't being overly critical of the dev team, just fact.

Over time they made many "fixes" that edged out my play style.

Finally ended it all by nerfing mages and turning the game into Tamers Online.

I don't expect them to work miracles, just hold the slightest of standards. They have grossly failed.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Based on the last few active (multi-page!) threads related to publish 98, several issues are causing heartburn. UO needs badly, has needed badly for a long time, a legitimate community PR-type person. Someone who has a primary responsibility of interfacing with the player base on a regular, continuous basis. More than one person has suggested that part of the angst here is stemming from a lack of explanation, or a feeling that input is not being received. A community liaison would step in well before this point and explain what specific changes would be imminent, why those were chosen over others, and what type of input could be provided to smooth the way. My RL job is managing (expensive) software development, and I've seen how this kind of role can greatly improve development and customer satisfaction.

I stated that I am disappointed with several of the Pub 98 decisions. That hasn't changed. The reason i posted the initial message in this thread was because I had a moment of self-awareness where I realized the way I was expressing that disappointment was not only doing more harm than good, but reducing the chance that future input would be constructive by silencing those less vocal than myself.

Garth raises several very salient points. He and I personally farmed mares until we had the 2 slot void ones for each of our guild. We then spent every night for two weeks training different combinations of pets. He supplied more than one pet bonding potion, and more than one was used on the exact 2 slot pets that are reported to be loring incorrectly now on TC1. We scrolled our pets as well. And finally, I traded one of my favorite EM items so that we could have the Taming 3 on Siege, which isn't a shard where EM items are bought from 3rd party sites.

If one can read that with a bit of detachment and acknowledge the time and resources involved, it is easy to see why an unexpected change to the mastery, a concern of the possibility of pets reverting that we were the only owners of and never even knew of an exploit, and the loss of the real-world dollars used to purchase pet bonding potions and game time would distress most players affected.

I just want to be better at, first, expressing myself in a more constructive way such that I would not be embarrassed about it if my kid were to read it; and second, managing my expectations when they are inevitably unfilled to my complete satisfaction. Because that is going to happen.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix Would it be possible for one of you to take a few moments and work through the thought process on these changes and issues? There are a lot of concerns here, and your input could go a long way towards ameliorating the feelings of disappointment.

Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste - I paid the other day for 6 months. While I don't tame, I feel for the folks like you who do. The nerf-stick has been used all too often thru the years. But - back to the reason I'm writing.

When Scribbles posted their farewell, I mentioned I thought I might pull out as well. I only have one account so little dent will be made ... however I believe this is a 6-month countdown clock to cancellation and closure. I haven't had the energy or desire to even log in for several months - a sure sign I'm ready to go elsewhere. <shrug>
If I thought there was a decent Elsewhere to go to .... I'd have already left.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
What this game was originally built on:
Compassion, Honestly, Honor, Justice, Sacrifice, Valor, Humility and spirituality. They're not just words.
Virtues - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
You missed one... and that 'Virtue' was the one espoused by the current king of the lands.

"Whereas the system of "Virtues" that my liege espouses is indeed a compilation of commonly approved virtues, I approve of it. Where it seeks to control the populace and restrict their diversity and their range of behaviors, I quarrel with it. And thus do I issue this politic call to anarchy, whilst humbly begging forgivness of Lord British for my impertinence:

Celebrate thy differences. Take thy actions according to they own lights. Question from what source a law, a rule, a judge, and a virtue may arise. 'Twere possible (though I suggest it not seriously) that a daemon planted the seed of these "Virtues" in my Lord British's mind; 'twere possible that the Shrines were but a plan to destroy this world. Thou canst not know unless thou questioneth, doubteth, and in the end, unless thou relyest upon THYSELF and they judgement. I offer these words as mere philosophical musings for those who seek enlightenment, for 'tis the issue that hath occupied mine interest and that of Lord British for some time now."

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm noticing @Kyronix was the first person to like the OP. Just saying, in case you don't think the developers read these posts and appreciate a little civility when disagreeing
I appreciate some serious feedback when people bring up game-breaking bugs over and over, but do I get that? No.

Maybe he is just waiting for his client to unfreeze after a super-nova. Or he is reading it while his client is frozen opening a scalis corpse. IDK! Because things like those never see any feedback let alone a bugfix.

Couldn't care less about what he likes or dislikes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did a little bit of clean up. I understand based on the way the original post was written that there are comparisons to the Ten Commandments, but let's steer clear of any religious discussion.