• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Among the Undead

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Its official, I have moved into the Fortress on Dagar Island, the solitude seems to fit for now. The stories I have heard how one can go mad on this island were a bit frightening at first, yet after the battles I saw years ago in the old lands outside of Yew I do not feel anything could scare me now. The aura of the undead however can raise a goosebump or two on ones arm.

Knowing now who my sister is I feel I need to distance myself from her until Father tells her the secrets he has held within himself for so long. I do hope he tells her soon, I have grown rather fond of her and I approve that Daenyra is my Sister, its just that Mother of hers I do not care for. So seemed logical for me to make my stay here far from DragonStone. A little distance between Daeny and I until she is told, because I am uncertain I could keep my mouth shut to long staying at DragonStone.

So today I will explore and adjust to my new surroundings and perhaps venture into the Dungeon to see what it holds.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The brick walled corridors within Deceit seem very restricting and Airva does not like being within this dungeon, yet I find myself drawn deeper within this dungeon, not leaving my side Airva follows behind remaining on alert. Many times from my past I had been in this dungeon, battled the Undead, had even faced the Undead Queen who only vanished shortly after seeing her, this time held more meaning, this was the very being who took my baby sister from us and had her minions abandon the child in Eodan. This was who had held Daenyra's Mother for many years someplace within this Dungeon. What happened in here and what has this evil place turned Daeny's Mother into, this was something I must learn, I have to know what kind of evil Daeny's Mother, Aleera, truely was and what was she capable of.

Reaching the level I had last seen the Undead Queen the chamber seems bare, haunting yet nothing here, today! So this day we shall return to the Fortress but I will return. Leaving it felt as if I was being watched by unseen eyes. Knowing that if she chose the evil would remain unseen and honestly today wasnt the day to reveal that evil, today was the day to make my presence known, to establish I am here on this island and i wont be ran off. The Jade Dragon will now be a part of this Island and no more evil will fall upon my little Sister from any undead queen as long as I am here !

Returning to the fortress all is quiet, back into the solitude of the stone walls of home. As days pass I know I must find a outlet to keep me from going mad here in this frigid land. So a trip to the mainland and perhaps even a visit to the King himself and a stroll around the capital city and some warm air. Just someplace I do not see my breath from my mouth from the cold. Anywhere but I must avoid Ter Mur, however maybe even a visit to Zento to give my Father a nudge in telling Daenyra who she really is.

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Venturing outside the fortress I begin my journey back to Deceit, making way along the mountain I see tracks in the snow, appears to be footprints of human,(@Barefoot Scribe ) oddly a barefoot human in this snow. Following the tracks to a keep just south east of the fortress, and there upon the steps sits a pair of boots, hmm and why wasn't those boots worn in this snow? Rapping upon the door the sound echos back at me, the home seems to be a lil hollow, maybe I will have new neighbors. Now my interest is no longer in going to Deceit. I will return home and prepare a welcoming basket to bring and leave on the doorsteps.

As I reach the Fortress, I can see shoed footprints leading to the inside from the snow, lil feet. Which means, yes it is probably my lil sister and I just wanna tell her she is my sister Today !

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barefoot awoke after a deep sleep. She was wrapped tightly in a woolen bedroll curled up in a corner of the room, which was empty except for this enchanted sundial which had somehow mysteriously acquired. According to the device it was Saturday morning. Last night she conjured up a magic gate to Britain and went to the stables where she found her old pets happy to see her once again. She then strolled down to the docks and into the nearby tavern. It was Friday after all and the tavern was alive with people enjoying the beginning of the weekend's rest. She ordered dinner and as she waited a pigeon flew past the window tossing a message to her. She opened the scroll to find a summons from her old friend Lady Anne Nomilly to meet her at the Trammel Yew moongate, prepared to fight. *Can this be real?* she thought. She had not seen or heard from Lady Anne in a dogs age. But the sun was slowly sinking in the sky and there was no time for woolgathering. She hastily ate her meal and dashed off to the stable to fetch Zokar, her strongest ally and headed for Yew. The rest of the night was a blur. Anne leg the group that she had gathered to an unfamiliar place, a dungeon of sorts and from then on they were locked in furious combat with evil enemies, and in the end, a strange enchanted lighthouse. *Was she dreaming all of this? Could it be that Lady Anne and several of her dear old friends were there? That they were together again?*
Barefoot's sore muscles and bruises, along with her bloodstained clothes assured her that she had been in a real melee. But now it was a new day. And there was much to be done. She swung open the door to breathe some fresh frosty air and noticed footprints that were not hers.