• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty Deadline?

G

Just to clarify... did the deadline to resubscribe for amnesty benefits already pass? I've seen some dates tossed around on the boards but not sure if any one is correct. Asking because I think I would like to resubscribe my other account... Thanks!

I

imported_SimTripps

Didn't the e-mail ppl received say, '....when we run our amnesty program at the end of the month....', which, ahem, was back in February, wasn't it? lol...

Maybe they want to wait until after all the cities are merged before they run it?

G

The Amnesty will probably be run after the cities merge over! It's more important to get rid of the lag and merge the cities

G

<blockquote><hr>

I thought it said March 08 meaning March 2008

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea everyone is saying that you had to have resubscribed before March 8th to qualify for the benefits... I think what the devs meant was before March 2008 because March 8th seems like a pretty random date to me!! Haha

F

frogger2

curious....will Amnesty work on skills? for instance I have 1 sim frogger of AV with 100+ in locked skills....will all 8 on same account after Amnesty day get 100+lockable skills as well? Im also curious will all 8 per account get a 1yr dog statue 2 yr mystic tree 3 yr camp fire 4 yr cheesey plaque 5 yr recolored cannons and so on?

I

imported_SimTripps

I believe your sims will get all the locks, but probably not all the ann. gifts. I received a mystic on one account in EA Land (newly merged sim), but the 2nd EA Land sim didn't have one...

G

It was said in the Town Hall when I was there that amnesty will be run after all the cities have been merged. I didn't ask about the deadline because I was confident at that point that it was March 8th like we'd been told.....but there seems to be such controversy over it now I'm not sure.....but I do know that amnesty won't run until all the cities are merged.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I believe your sims will get all the locks, but probably not all the ann. gifts. I received a mystic on one account in EA Land (newly merged sim), but the 2nd EA Land sim didn't have one...

[/ QUOTE ]

A screen shot was posted (by Simone I think) that said when amnesty is run all sims on the account will receive the gifts. As to whether or not this will be in the game's best interest....time will tell.

G

So if I reactivate an old account, that has been closed a year, and make a new sim it will have the locks available as if I made it when my account first started?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So if I reactivate an old account, that has been closed a year, and make a new sim it will have the locks available as if I made it when my account first started?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you first make a sim on it? No. After they run the amnesty program, yes, you should. As to after they run amnesty if all accounts from that point forth will get locks based on entitlement days, I am not sure, but will ask in the Town Hall when I get a chance, or you can go there and ask when the Town Hall is open

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

It was said in the Town Hall when I was there that amnesty will be run after all the cities have been merged. I didn't ask about the deadline because I was confident at that point that it was March 8th like we'd been told.....but there seems to be such controversy over it now I'm not sure.....but I do know that amnesty won't run until all the cities are merged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too was at town hall and heard Lee say that after the cities are merged, they will run the Amnesty. I do know that all the ann gifts. What I don't know is if sims will be rewarded their cannons since it was a promotional item to get other players into the game
I hope we do though because I loved my cannon, lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I too was at town hall and heard Lee say that after the cities are merged, they will run the Amnesty. I do know that all the ann gifts. What I don't know is if sims will be rewarded their cannons since it was a promotional item to get other players into the game
I hope we do though because I loved my cannon, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.....I dunno. I am pretty sure simmies will be involved (makes me really wish I wasn't blocked from getting my founder account reinstated), but nobody's said anything that I know of about gnomes and cannons, but gnomes I bet not since every single sim in IH received them at one point.

G

Simmies are definitely involved. It was also asked at Town Hall.