• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty and my account

G

Ok I hope someone out there can help me. I took advantage of the amnesty program thingy and now am back having an account for the sims online. When I signed up, they gave me a 14 day free trial and it says I'm a registered user. Ok, nothing wrong there, but when I go into EA land to play, I am unable to do anything a REGISTERED USER is supposed to be able to do-such as skill, use money objects. It says on my profile I am a visitor, but aren't I supposed to be the same as a paying registered account since my billing info says "registered user" ?

I keep getting conflicting information from different people. Some say that it takes a few days for it to recognize I am a registered user, others say I have to enter billing information.

I am more than happy to sign up for the regular 9.99 a month thing, but seeing that my billing information page says Im a registered user already and I can't get into all the properties. I don't want to waste my money on a "lets see if this works" type of thing.

I understand that there are free accounts for ea land, but again I shouldn't be under the free account status since I am technically a registered user. Someone please let me know if this is a known problem with the game, problem with my brain lol, or whatever lol. Help!! I want to play lol.

G

Majority of the time it takes 24-hours to be recognized as a "paying" player.

G

Hiya!

If you go to this page on EA-Land's website and scroll down to the bottom, it explains what to do if the game still sees you as being on a 14-day trial.

If that doesn't help, this might help.

Above all else, you MUST be sure the game client is up-to-date, which means starting the game through the Updater, and not through TSOClient.

G

Yeah, I've read that like 10x. I did what it said, reactivated and all that. Still, I am unable to do anything a registered user is supposed to be able to do. My sim is already 3 days old, and I can't do anything.

Maybe what you are trying to say is, I have to wait till the amnesty program actually takes place THEN I will be able to do everything? Until then I have to suffer??? (which i don't mind suffering, i just want to know that's the answer instead of not knowing what the problem is)

I don't need help in signing up, downloading the game, making the game work, or any of that. I just want my question answered. Does anyone have a definitive answer instead of shuffling me to various boards where there are no definitive answers? (no offense to anyone trying to help me out, im just a bit frustrated)

G

I do understand your frustration, if you cant resolve it from the above links then either call customer service at the number below or send a message to MaxisParizad either here or in game and have her take a look at your acct. You should have full access as a paying customer by now from my understanding if you have entered your billing information.

Inside the United States and Canada: dial 1-866-543-5435

Outside the United States and Canada: dial 650-628-4306

G

No, you should not have to suffer. It's some kind of bug in the game's accounting system. I was able to reactivate my long-inactive account and get right into the game as a premium account, so what you're going through is not normal.

G

Ok I just added my billing information. Logged into sims, still nothing but now I can see where it could take 24 hours from now. The only thing I dont get is, I'm still the same registered user as I was before I entered my billing so, I dont see what difference its going to make.

I will wait it out another 24 hours and see what happens LOL. Thank you everyone for the fast response. You guys rock!!