• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ambusher's make Pet go wild.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i thought this needed it's own thread so it didn't get buried in others chats.

There were reports yesterday that doing the "new" ambushers caused pets to go wild.
The global arc then went down.
It's finally back up on Europa and i did 3 ambushes, all went fine, carts vanished and trade order popped back into pact after i killed them......no item drops yet though.

The problem is i ALWAYS check my pets loyalty after a fight and feed him up.
He was Wonderfully loyal before the 3rd fight, but during (2 humans, a lich and a deamon) he went wild and started wandering off ????

WFT!!!!

I managed to get him back as i had gift of life on and i never stay invisible during a fight, only to target switch.

Just a public warning, be very careful of your pets......Also of other people that may use this "mechanic" to grief.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh crud... thanks for the warning. I hardly ever check my pet's loyalty.. guess I better start!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dispute your conclussion; brigands, lich and demon don't cause pets to go wild, not even paragon versions and these aren't paragon strength.
Insufficient skill on the tamer does, either low skill, forgotten jewels or skill stoned and forgotten.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey i didn't say i know why mine and others pets have gone wild. Oh and i have 120 real skill in Vet/lore/taming.
I just gave a warning.

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant, it was just a warning for others.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I dispute your conclussion; brigands, lich and demon don't cause pets to go wild, not even paragon versions and these aren't paragon strength.
Insufficient skill on the tamer does, either low skill, forgotten jewels or skill stoned and forgotten.
Petra, I was reporting this the other day as well. My near fully trained 5 slot blue beetle went from bonded and wonderfully to wild in under 5 seconds. That's on a char with 120 vet/lore/taming, nothing stoned off.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Ok so now I know to stop doing these Trade Runs. I wasn't getting the "unique" loot as it was, now another incentive to stop. Thanks for the warning!

Reactions: Lyn

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't say "don't do the quests" i'd just say make sure you have enough skill to re-tame your pet if it goes wild.
I've not had the issue since so maybe they changed the mob model again?
I know they are using different models as i got Ninja loot off a names Demon?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So have we determined that this is buggy implementation as opposed to bad design? What if someone on the Dev team wanted you to lose your bonded pet permanently?

Oh oh, I can't finish this post without using the phrase "pancake that waffle with a side order of omelet."

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing these, about 20 so far. I am using my tamer with a reptalon and have had no issue of him losing loyalty. I have 100 taming and 115 with jewels

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had an issue with my pets going wild while fighting ambushers. What I have noticed, however, has to do with the new animal training. I have one pack horse trained up to 2 control slots and a deathwatch beetle at 3. The pack horse requires 52 taming, but even at my 110 lore and taming, I still get fails when I give it commands. I wonder if tamers out there in the heat of battle are spamming commands and not even realizing their pets are ignoring them and losing loyalty. If I get fails with 2 and 3 control slot creatures, just imagine what a 5 slot creature would be like.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed earlier today on one trip that the greater dragon I was using came to a complete dead stop as we were running along between Minoc and Britain, through trees. There was no server line, no trees, no rocks or anything I could see that was hanging him up. I tried ordering him to follow once and he just stood there, didn't make any sound or even move. My character could move, but the dragon just seemed frozen on that spot. Next thing I know, a mob of ambushers spawned around him and he started fighting them. It makes me wonder if the spawning of the cart is freezing pets and then they lose loyalty when you command them, not knowing they have been "frozen."

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The most annoying thing to me is the lost training. My 5-slot beetle lost all his training when he went wild, so it's a huge loss in training time in addition to the real world cost of buying another bonding potion. (At this point, I'm just assuming he still counts as having been scrolled up...)

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
doesn't seem 2 happen 2 every1. so gotta ax: are we making up 'splanations for something that isn't really happening? wouldn't be the 1st time!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
as a side note cu went from 3 slots to 5 with only one training level. thought they fix it.. pet bonging potion was used too lol. no comment

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey i didn't say i know why mine and others pets have gone wild. Oh and i have 120 real skill in Vet/lore/taming.
I just gave a warning.

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant, it was just a warning for others.

Thanks for the warning. I was fixing to log in after about 6 months and was checking for info exactly like this on the forums. I think they had this problem with the new pet content earlier this year and hadn't logged on because I wanted to make sure the bugs were ironed out. Apparently they aren't. Thanks again.