• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amazing US troops

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Osama Bin Laden

KILLED.
Suppose he shoulda dug his cave just a bit deeper!

To ALL members of any armed force out there, THANK YOU.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Osama Bin Laden

word is, we hit em with a missile and have his body.

E

Eyes of Origin

about time.... and a huge thanks of course to US Military

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

now they should kill everyone of the people in that mansion that where hiding him

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

KILLED.
Suppose he shoulda dug his cave just a bit deeper!

To ALL members of any armed force out there, THANK YOU.
There is NO CAVE DEEP ENOUGH to hide from the US Armed Forces!

Bin Laden called the U.S. "The Great Satan." Now he gets to meet the REAL Satan. No virgins where he is going.

:pint::danceb::pint::danceb::pint::danceb::pint::danceb::pint::danceb::pint:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

My son is over there right now ! I could not be more proud

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Congratulations to the U.S. Military!

Finally some Justice for his evil acts and no long drawn out trial. :thumbsup:

Hurray!

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hey Kelmo this is the ONE thread that should be in EVERY forum! Just Sayin! :danceb:

To our Men and Women of the US Military- Thank you for a job well done.

Finally the victims of September 11, 2001 have justice. Justice was only delayed, NEVER forgotten!

I wish this meant the end of the war on terror, but we will have to be extra vigilant that this "Hydra"* does not grow 3 heads back where it lost one.

GODBLESSTHE USA

*As in the story of Hercules and the hydra

Z

Zyon Rockler

I heard he was in a hole with 50 million gold. I guess they really were holy people!

It's a day to be PROUD!

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Most expensive hit contract ever. Makes Mob hits look silly.

10 years and untold trillons of $$$. Yep it was worth it.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry to play the devils advocate here but with Osama gone,there will be ten more just like him to step up and take over. I doubt his death will have truely positive impact in Pakistan and in the Middle East as a whole.It just makes for good news entertainment.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Yes, others will step in, but will they have the same level of legitimacy? Remember, al-Qa'ida is a loosely affiliated network of various autonomous and semi-autonomous organizations. They are not a hierarchy and most of the cells don't follow a network-wide chain of command. They followed bin Laden for his charisma and past successes. He'd been building rapport with them since his time with the Services Office (pre-al'Qaida) in the 1980s. It'll take some time before another leader will replace him--not his office, but his status among Islamic extremists.

I don't think terrorism is suddenly going to go away, but I do think that this will generally have a negative affect on the al-Qa'ida network.

Z

Zyon Rockler

I think it sends a message that the faith he was standing behind, did nothing to save his life or protect him from this fate.

It also sends a message that whatever country you hide in if you do something to America we're coming for you.

It also says, that if you stand up in line behind this man, to take his place, you can expect the same thing, A bullet in the head.

It shows that our faith, in country and our God, again has been triumphant and it makes me Proud To Be An American.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

May the thousands of the mothers and fathers, sisters and brothers, husbands and wives, sons and daughters of the 9-11 victims, US and other Country's military personnel and all other victims of this man's atrocities sleep a little better this night.

K

KingTatwin

Thank you CIA and Team 6 for giving everyone affected by 9-11 some justice. May the Lord protect our troops and all Americans across the globe for any strike back measures Alqueda might try.

This is a victory for not just America but the world to have gotten rid of this piece of filth. God Bless our troops still working hard to get rid of the rest of these rats.

And lastly this Republican wants to say thank you to the Pres. for having the courage to put his political butt on the line and give the order to kill Bin Laden.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for your service!

Your efforts have been displayed in several ways, the most noticeable was the killing of Osama Bin Laden last night.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Americans are Cheering

Wow I was up last night when the announced Osama Bin Laden Was killed and went to bed. I woke this am to take my son to school and their are banners and signs everywhere How cool to finally have at least some closer for americans!
:danceb:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Re: Americans are Cheering

Now I lay me down to sleep, one less terrorist this world does keep. With all my heart, I give my thanks, to those in uniform regardless of ranks. You serve our country and serve it well, with humble hearts your stories tell. So as I rest my weary eyes, while freedom rings our flag still flies. You give your all, do what you must...with God we live and God we trust.....amen!!!

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I concur! A great job indeed, for all those who played a part, including but not limited to keeping it quiet!

K

Kiminality

This subject was closed earlier in the day, with the usually "continuing locked posts" thing in effect. But, in light of the desitre people have to discuss this (it is big news, after all), it is reopened.

However, there is a condition - keep it civil.
Any attacks, trolling or anything along those lines will be dealt with strongly.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Thanks Kiminality. I didn't say so, but i was confused by the closing of the post earlier.

Good call for a good cause.

T

Tazar

It's usually what you can't see (that was removed) that leads to a lock... Please post responsibly.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you Kimi you are a sweety no matter what tazar says ;-)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The Stratics staff is genuinely jubilant at this news. The Stratics staff supports the families of the victims of 9/11. However, the Stratics staff does not allow hate speech against any religion, including Islam. Period. That is the reason that the thread was locked--the only reason.

Some of our staffers lost loved ones in the attacks. Some of our staffers have family in the armed forces. Censorship? Seriously, don't even go there. And yes, this is a warning.

K

Kiminality

Having a bit of a tidy-up was on the "things to do" list.
I was asleep until just before Petra made the decision to reopen it, and had to get some coffee and breakfast before getting on to it.

We're good here.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I also wanted to put out a big shout out to all the emergency service workers out there! They are also to be honored!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Know that Kimi and Syrus have the full support of the Stratic's team of Moderators.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I understand,the US armed forces knew where Osama bin Ladin was holed up for the past year. Why is it now they decide to take him out? I do hope this was not for the sake of politics. Presidential re-elections are coming up soon.Perhaps Obama will try to take credit for being Osama's ouster.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I don't believe that. The DoD and Intelligence Community are enormous. There are at least as many Republicans working for the federal government as democrats, especially in DoD. If they'd known where he was, they would have taken him out. The President isn't as involved in directing DoD/IC as his speech implies. There are many, many levels of management between him and the analysts working to pinpoint bin Laden.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Republicans and Democrats are all the same. One is a sock puppet on the left hand as the other is on the right hand.

"The President isn't as involved in directing DoD/IC as his speech implies"
He directs the DoD/IC directors.He in turn takes orders from billionaires that have interests in the middle east.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
*blink*

Well, regardless, good news today.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like an insult to me that people would think the deaths of 9/11 be avenged, cause I still mourn to this day.

Mastermind of my arse, he wasn't even able to defend himself, they got him by luck ?

This is ridiculous, someone defected him, he perhaps wasn't so liked after all, perhaps he's just a pathetic rich fool who brought mercenaries to work with him.

Now we'll never know.

I'm sorry but if you think this is good news, then the corporate media has got you in their pockets. This is possibly the worse, incomplete news that you ever got...

what about WTC7 ? Oh he's such a mastermind he probably flew an invisible plane in it and it collapsed on its own at the speed of gravity... I bet most of you don't even know what was in the basement of that building... it was a forteress.

That must be it !

But now he's dead WOO WOO lets drink beer and listen to the superbowl while a bunch of freaks hyped on who knows what hormones and drugs try to make our normal americal children feel like half-breeds.

Woooo !!!

I'm sorry but I am even more sad for the victims of 9/11. I am a victim in the family myself, and let me tell you, this is no cause for ANY celebration.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

now they should kill everyone of the people in that mansion that where hiding him

May not want to jump to killing everyone involved. I'm willing to bet a lot of the people that had something to do with hiding him are happy about his death as well. In those countries if they don't do something they're told to their family's lives are at risk. His death gave people in that situation freedom.