• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Am I too Naive?

• Thread starter Callina Lindir
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Callina Lindir

Hi there...

I don't know if it has always been like this or if this is a new development. I've played UO since 2001, now returned after a pause of about 1 year and it's the first time this happened to me...

I was cleaning up my house and somehow I did a wrong click and my almost full T-Bod-Book (About 500 S-Bods of various quality) disappeared within a second. The use of Detect Hidden showed me a player named "Allele" who was standing right next to the point where the book felland hid again in an instant. I tried to talk to him/her but he/she didn't answer and when I tried DH again, the player was gone.

Okay, I know I should't let things lie on the floor as they can be easily taken. But hiding in other people's houses and waiting for something to fall down? I've seen other people hiding in my houses as well, but this is the first time someone took anything while I was standing next to it.... So... is this normal nowadays?

L

Legacyee

It hasn't happened to me yet (as far as I know) but thanks to your post I shall now be on the look-out for anyone hidden in my house.:)
It's a pity we have got to be on the look-out all the time, but it is very hard to play a thief at the moment or so i have been told, and it is all part of the game.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, we have to be carefull when we leave valuable things on a floor in a not private house. In my shop i will always try to be carefull when i release stuff.

There are just people out there that try to take benefit on these little mistakes. Its a hard lesson but those are the ones we learn best.

Bad things happen but don't let it get to you. :)

viper of flames

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok im sorry to here about your lost ,but I might be able to help you out if you can do the same for me:).
I have tons for high end bods I got from an Idoc and they can all be yours if you can get me a old junka demon /elemental bow

my icq 133918

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got into the habit of always using the "Detect Hidden" button to check my house before releasing ANYTHING. Sucks you have to be that careful, but it helps avoid thefts like that. Very sorry to hear of your loss. I have also read about people who have bought a rare from another player, and that other player uses the tracking skill (?) to follow them back to their house and they stand next to you (hidden) and wait for you to lock down the item you just bought and they grab it before you can lock it.