• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Am I the only one who is grouchy about the "exploit" in TC3 not being a priority?

• Thread starter imported_Dali Dalinza
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Dali Dalinza

Before you unholster your flamethrower, let me say that I understand there must be reasons that the team cannot address the "exploit" in TC3 at this time. There must be reasons for the team to put the fix on the "to do" list for later, although I am boggled when I try to think why.

However (you knew that was coming), is anyone else feeling cheated? I mean, I am spending my time in the conventional cities squandering the money I earned over the past nearly-five years (with nothing to show except a dozen cheetahs), because my cash is due to be wiped. While I am counting down my cash, I could be in TC3 making money by using the known exploit. That money would not be subject to the wipe.

OK, I feel like a fool for choosing to spend my earned cash rather than exploit the exploit. DOH. I am that kind of player, though. I was able to patch to TC3 and back with no problems today --
-- which was a shock, so I was tempted to take my TC3 sims and start producing cash.

Instead, I am back to pulling domestic cats out of crates.

Has anyone been to the pub and heard why this exploit is being backburnered? It really is an unfair state of affairs, given that those of us who are not "living" in TC3 will soon be arriving in that fair city broke (with cheetahs to feed).

G

I can tell you what I do know which isnt alot.

The painting on residential lots is due to CC being made with easels and I know its definitely on the fix list. I'm thinking we must not be making too much doing it, least wise not enough to alarm Sarah, who tracks every single simolean in TC3.

There is another one, I dont know the details and even if I did I couldnt tell you obviously. What I do know is the system caught it and the players who used it lost a chunk of simoleans.

Since its a test city and they want us to break things especially when it comes to exploits. It prooved to them that the systems to catch such things are working. *applauds* This is good news for EA Land!

K

Keep It Real

Yeah from what I was told it was a billion simolean exploit. Kinda hard to hide all that when evey simolean is suppose to be accounted for in TC3 and also when EA Land opens. Sarah caught it and we all continued to live poor ever after. The End.

F

festrmentmagnet

I guess I'm behind.
What's this exploit that happened?

I thought you were talking about how the easels work on non-money lots at first, but it sounds like something more. <font color="purple"> </font>

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I guess I'm behind.
What's this exploit that happened?

I thought you were talking about how the easels work on non-money lots at first, but it sounds like something more. <font color="purple"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Number 7 on Greg's list (pub report thread) -- which may not be the actual priority-- is "fixing the exploit" that heretofor was explained just as you describe.

I am heartened that the bigger exploit was discovered and the exploiters relieved of their illicit gains. I am still discouraged to know that the "petty exploit" is earning cash for the rest of the players who are enjoying it, whilst those of us who are not participating will be so much the poorer for not doing so.

Or, maybe the petty exploit will be erased off the list, and made legitimate.

OR, since Sarah knows where each simoleon comes from, those who are using the petty exploit will get to wear a big red <font color=red>E </font color=red>on their sim, er, avatar!

G

<blockquote><hr>

given that those of us who are not "living" in TC3 will soon be arriving in that fair city broke (with cheetahs to feed).

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to nitpick, but those of us in production cities will not be merging with TC3.
We will be getting sucked up into EALand.

Resistance is futile.

M

mariotso

how much the exploit effects the economy should not matter, an exploit is an exploit

even if it can't be fixed right now, they could at least ask all those 'paint til you puke' lots who are so blatant as to advertise the exploit on their bios as a way to get more visitors to cease and desist!

its not fair to those of us who chose not to exploit and who get fewer visitors with legitimate money lots

G

<blockquote><hr>

how much the exploit effects the economy should not matter, an exploit is an exploit

even if it can't be fixed right now, they could at least ask all those 'paint til you puke' lots who are so blatant as to advertise the exploit on their bios as a way to get more visitors to cease and desist!

its not fair to those of us who chose not to exploit and who get fewer visitors with legitimate money lots

[/ QUOTE ]
You wanna talk about fair?
Ok.
For 5 years we had been able to to do a variety of things on a residence lot, including single money objects and skill objects - but at a reduced payout/gain.
Along comes "EALand" and all that goes away over night. Now we get nothing except free green (try spending that at a store).
And for what? The betterment of the game??? No. To make the game more economically viable for EA. OK, fair enuff, they're entitled to make a profit. But while they are in the transition from TSO to EALand, they have left a little glitch that allows some players to continue using one measley little object for a short time. There is nothing shady about it, the Devs are aware of it and will be fixing it, and they are making no stink about it.
As far as I am concerned, it is like licking the icing out of the bowl after the cake has been frosted.
Sure seems fair to me.

You don't like it?
I'll notify CNN.

M

mariotso

then they shouldn't call it a bug or exploit. if they're not going to fix it or enforce it, leave it in, make it legitimate and remove it later. but everyone should follow the same rules. it just sets a bad precident otherwise

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

given that those of us who are not "living" in TC3 will soon be arriving in that fair city broke (with cheetahs to feed).

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry to nitpick, but those of us in production cities will not be merging with TC3.
We will be getting sucked up into EALand.

Resistance is futile.

[/ QUOTE ]

My penniless wonders from TC will be living in luxury mansions compared to my TC3 sims. My TC sims also have a boat load more locks then my TC3 sims alost. So it's a trade off.

No biggie.

There was a time I felt sorry that everyone merging would lose their money, but personally there are a few people in AV/BF that I will be toasting champagne over when they lose their money. I celebrate the day that the store selling crafted computers for nearly 250 million have their simoleans wiped out.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

then they shouldn't call it a bug or exploit. if they're not going to fix it or enforce it, leave it in, make it legitimate and remove it later. but everyone should follow the same rules. it just sets a bad precident otherwise

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very true. I'd vote for making it legitimate, because I'm all in favor of any means of making it easier to earn cash in the new game. I'd vote for ROSEBUD if it could be so. I am a gamer, but not a purist. There are times I love to play extreme difficulty level, and other times I want the easy way.

When I started this thread, I was wondering what happened to all the those folks that in these forums were pointing out why we needed to have "dirty money" (made from exploits) expunged from the game. Those posters made many arguments here. The same ones defended TC3 residents getting to keep their cash when the rest of us will have ours wiped, again often pointing out the tainted money rationale.

I know...I get to keep my size 8 lot and all my soon-to-be-antiquainted goods when I move to TC3 with no cash. That is a comfort. I will be waiting for the EA dole to come through, because I don't play long enough at a stretch, due to rl realities, to have a viable income in TC3. My sim bank balance never made much dif to me all these years, and I hope it won't for the future.

And, honestly -- I don't really give a fig who has money -- from honest work or the "petite exploit."

I just find it funny that the same voices who were loudly vocal about exploit money being destructive are enjoying the fruits of a little exploit now -- and rationalizing it as "no big deal." That IS funny, you have to admit?

N

NightFlyer

TTL

No one is making "billions" in TC3 just doing it painting on lots not designated money.

There is another exploit. The other one is the exploit I want to know why they are in no hurry to correct. Just because they can see the money accumulating and track it for the most part? Do the devs really believe this exploited money won't get moved around?

UMMM.....wasn't that a big part of the problem with the big exploit in the production cities... they could not track down where it originated? I believe this policy of letting it ride needs to be revisited and fast.

Just MHO.

G

Its not tracking for the most part, they see every single transaction, every simolean earned, every simolean transferred, every item traded.

Sarah is on the pub schedule today noon-1 PT feel free to come in and discuss it with her, I'll be there to hear what she has to say about it.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

No one is making "billions" in TC3 just doing it painting on lots not designated money.

There is another exploit. The other one is the exploit I want to know why they are in no hurry to correct. Just because they can see the money accumulating and track it for the most part? Do the devs really believe this exploited money won't get moved around?

UMMM.....wasn't that a big part of the problem with the big exploit in the production cities... they could not track down where it originated? I believe this policy of letting it ride needs to be revisited and fast.

Just MHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt anyone is getting very wealthy using the little exploit -- but what happened to all the purists? (Oh, are they off painting?
)

Read up this thread to Niki's comment. She says the "big exploit" you refer to was caught and the illicit funds removed from the players who used it.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

When I started this thread, I was wondering what happened to all the those folks that in these forums were pointing out why we needed to have "dirty money" (made from exploits) expunged from the game. Those posters made many arguments here. The same ones defended TC3 residents getting to keep their cash when the rest of us will have ours wiped, again often pointing out the tainted money rationale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm....I'm not in on all the juicy 'bug' gossip obviously.

Maybe they should just delete everyone in TC and TC3 and make them ALL start over? Maybe that would be the only solution hey? Is that what would make it fair to everyone?

First off, I wish that people would remember the TC3 stands for Test Center 3. The operative word is TEST CENTER. If there is a glitch found in test, testers should not just expect it to get fixed overnight. The glitch has to be placed in priority order with all things needing to be fixed.

Who knows, maybe the devs are watching this glitch and seeing how it might affect the economy or how the economy responds to it.

....psst....for the sim with the herd of Cheetahs....why would you waste money feeding them....I do hear they taste just like chicken!

G

maybe the devs are watching this glitch and seeing how it might affect the economy

For the benefit of others:
When TC3 opened, the payouts were the same as the production cities and the first Sims to create there made a sizable number of Simoleans. Most of those Simoleans are still sloshing around. I doubt whether the greatly reduced payout for painting will have a negative effect. As you and some other astute people have pointed out, TC stands for "Test Center".

M

mariotso

test center or no test center, players should not exploit a known bug.

add it to the to do list and tell those who are exploiting to stop; or make it part of the res lots and let everyone participate. i hate that cheaters are the only ones to prosper.

it's not the amount so much as condoning it by allowing players to blatently exploit it

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

....psst....for the sim with the herd of Cheetahs....why would you waste money feeding them....I do hear they taste just like chicken!

[/ QUOTE ]

From your lips to the dev's ears, hun. I have a taxidermy in TC3 and would give anything to be able to off the cheetahs...for profit. Heh. First we need that option added to "pets." Then, I can custom content some stretching thingers for pelts.

Or, with CC perhaps I can "paint" them, into ... custom pets?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

First off, I wish that people would remember the TC3 stands for Test Center 3. The operative word is TEST CENTER. If there is a glitch found in test, testers should not just expect it to get fixed overnight. The glitch has to be placed in priority order with all things needing to be fixed.

Who knows, maybe the devs are watching this glitch and seeing how it might affect the economy or how the economy responds to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. But, with that logic, as long as a person is using an exploit in order to be a good tester, then their earnings are ok? There are many comments in these forums from people who were in favor of wiping Test Center's money because the money was tainted by exploits. Funny how things change when the shoe is on the other foot!

And, your suggestion that wiping all TC and TC3 sims doesn't really make sense. Wiping all money from TC3 might make sense, if one wanted to expunge the exploit money -- after the effect on the economy has been tested, that is.

G

ttl

Maybe it's wrong of me, but I worked/played damn hard for the money I had in TC that they will think nothing of wiping out of my sim's account when they merge us with TC3. For some strange reason, each painting I sell in TC3 brings a smile to my face as I think about how it's destroying the delicately balanced, so called economy, they have created. Do I feel guilty? Not even a little bit. The piddly amount I've made painting is peanuts compared to what anyone who started there before they lowered all the payouts has accumulated.

I know it was reported the same evening it happened. As with many other bugs in TC3, they ignore it's existence. Is it our fault they don't bother? I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned, single money objects should work on all lots. Considering there is no greening on residential, they should still work but pay very little. Payout on other type lots should pay a little less than what one person can make on money lots. On money lots, groups doing same object should have higher payout incentives, like it use to be.

G

I asked Sarah about this just now, she said it will be removed on Wednesdays update.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

ttl

Maybe it's wrong of me, but I worked/played damn hard for the money I had in TC that they will think nothing of wiping out of my sim's account when they merge us with TC3. For some strange reason, each painting I sell in TC3 brings a smile to my face as I think about how it's destroying the delicately balanced, so called economy, they have created. Do I feel guilty? Not even a little bit. The piddly amount I've made painting is peanuts compared to what anyone who started there before they lowered all the payouts has accumulated.

I know it was reported the same evening it happened. As with many other bugs in TC3, they ignore it's existence. Is it our fault they don't bother? I don't think so. As far as I'm concerned, single money objects should work on all lots. Considering there is no greening on residential, they should still work but pay very little. Payout on other type lots should pay a little less than what one person can make on money lots. On money lots, groups doing same object should have higher payout incentives, like it use to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

**nods**

I agree with you. I have little time to play this game, and I have a feeling that it won't be great fun being dirt poor. I expect to be biding time waiting for the EA dole money to add up, but not sure how that will work. I know I won't have time to earn much cash in game. I am the demographic of EA's dreams -- the player who will need to purchase simoleons in order to afford a fake life, lol.

Oh well, there is always Golf...

Edited to add PS: I don't think you are "destroying the delicately balanced, so called economy" -- you are just testing!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I asked Sarah about this just now, she said it will be removed on Wednesdays update.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, the only reason I have been bothering to spend any time in TC3 has been because I could earn a little painting. When that is removed, I'll not bother playing there again, no biggie.

M

MandiK

LoL the easel bug is hardly 'destroying' the economy. I do believe it needs fixed since people COULD spend hours upon hours making 52 bucks a painting, with no greening. But in all honesty, it takes what, 5 minutes to green your sim? It's not like this is that big of a difference than greening every 8 or 9 paintings or so.

G

Thanks for asking Niki.....from all of the 'for now' statements in house bios, it is no more than everyone expected.

One of Luc's first posts in the blog, commented that TSO players were excellent 'maximizers'.....guess we proved it once again.

We are a game full of early adapters, opportunists and quick change artists.....no opportunity passes unnoticed.

G

As I mentioned in another thread - we should be able to "salvage" our beloved pets for the 'furs, fins, and feathers'.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

As I mentioned in another thread - we should be able to "salvage" our beloved pets for the 'furs, fins, and feathers'.

[/ QUOTE ]

<center>
</center>

...and FOOD.

G

Just wipe TC3 if there's a money exploit. It is a "test centre", after all. People shouldn't be making it their home.

We've had this argument before about the regular test centre, so quite why people haven't cottened on again is beyond me.

aj

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ttl

[/ QUOTE ]

**nods**

I agree with you. I have little time to play this game, and I have a feeling that it won't be great fun being dirt poor. I expect to be biding time waiting for the EA dole money to add up, but not sure how that will work. I know I won't have time to earn much cash in game. I am the demographic of EA's dreams -- the player who will need to purchase simoleons in order to afford a fake life, lol.

Oh well, there is always Golf...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one! **nods to Dali &amp; CntryGrl**

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Well, I'm going to save my 'grouchiness' for things that deserve it.

The devs are aware of it, they are working on a fix.

I would like to point out that if it were 'that' bad, the city WOULD be shut down until it was fixed. That's a promise from Lee Fancy.

So be careful what you throw temper tantrums about. You may get what you want. I can only imagine the outcry from people if TC3 was shut down for a few days to fix a new glitch.

As for wiping money, I could really care less. Simoleans have never been 'the game' for me. I could be penniless today and have a comfortable little bank account next week because I don't mind playing the game in all it's aspects.

M

mariotso

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I'm going to save my 'grouchiness' for things that deserve it.

The devs are aware of it, they are working on a fix.

I would like to point out that if it were 'that' bad, the city WOULD be shut down until it was fixed. That's a promise from Lee Fancy.

So be careful what you throw temper tantrums about. You may get what you want. I can only imagine the outcry from people if TC3 was shut down for a few days to fix a new glitch.

As for wiping money, I could really care less. Simoleans have never been 'the game' for me. I could be penniless today and have a comfortable little bank account next week because I don't mind playing the game in all it's aspects.

[/ QUOTE ]

good grief! don't complain anyone, they might shut us down for days and take away all your money!

i find your warning a bit dramatic. after all, they didn't even do that after what happened in the production cities that made a saint bernard cost a floppity jillion simoleans

da, since you don't mind being penniless but i do, how bout i help alleviate you of your pennies. its a win-win proposition!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I haven't been grouchy or complained about the exploit because the developers are fully aware of the problem and took immediate action to correct the effects it would have on the economy. The "new" tools in place in TC3 alerted them to the exploit almost immediately. Simoleans gained using the exploit were removed from the city from individual accounts. Part of the testing process is helping to create monitoring tools to catch exploits immediately without having to wait on word of mouth of players to finally report it. In the case with the older cities, no such monitoring programs were in place.

You can be assured that when EA-Land opens, the city will be shut down immediately when one of these alarms is triggered because real cash will be at stake. The city will not re-open until any exploit is fixed and economy adjusted.

M

mariotso

excellent!

if you're still talking about the paint bug, i don't think they should have allowed exploiters to blatently advertise it on their bios like they have been for a few weeks. "everyone come here and cheat" descriptions and lots should have been nipped even if the bug couldn't be addressed.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

excellent!

if you're still talking about the paint bug, i don't think they should have allowed exploiters to blatently advertise it on their bios like they have been for a few weeks. "everyone come here and cheat" descriptions and lots should have been nipped even if the bug couldn't be addressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

DARN!!!!.....I'm going to TC3 tonight and looking for those bios cause once again I haven't a clue what the new 'glitch' is.

Or is it the paint easle....that's being fixed.

As for bios, they should go to BF and get after that girl that advertises all her craft objects are below 50k but when you land you find out she's lied.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

excellent!

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I am not talking about the paint easels. There was another exploit that was caught and dealt with so fast, very few knew it happened. Regarding painting, just yesterday in the Pub, Sarah said the paint easels were intentionally left operative because it is the tool used for custom content. Since Parizad does all of the CC testing in a residential lot, the easel was left available. Therefor if the devs left the easel operative in residential lots, it is not a bug and cannot be exploited.

Sarah said that the paint easels should be disabled in residence lots with the next update so there will be no more controversy there.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

excellent!

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I am not talking about the paint easels. There was another exploit that was caught and dealt with so fast, very few knew it happened. Regarding painting, just yesterday in the Pub, Sarah said the paint easels were intentionally left operative because it is the tool used for custom content. Since Parizad does all of the CC testing in a residential lot, the easel was left available. Therefor if the devs left the easel operative in residential lots, it is not a bug and cannot be exploited.

Sarah said that the paint easels should be disabled in residence lots with the next update so there will be no more controversy there.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL good point. Had me thinking about adam and eve for a moment. See that tree over there.....don't eat it!!! What do you think they are going to do? lol

It's good to hear that they fixed that other glitch so quickly.

G

Yeap I know, I can use it on Service Categories although that doesn't REALLY matter.

The 2 explit on Residental are mostly
Free Green
and Maxed Skill which maxed out creativty and makes top bucks

I actually would call them cheaters and n00bs.

Was there ever other expoit in the past?