• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Am I right?

• Thread starter Skullcollector
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Skullcollector

Yesterday someone started a rumor about me being dead irl. This upset many people and I apologize greatly! One of the people that came to me once I came in game to squash this rumor was KMS of COP. For years KMS was one of my best uo friends and when he learned of this he came to me in luna. He pulled me aside and asked that I prove to him that I was the real Skull. At first I wasn’t sure why he wanted me to prove this to him but fine. I started rambling about things in the past and he stops me half way through and says he believes me. He told me he was so happy I was fine and said he will see me later in the battlefield and he walked away.
I started to think why would he ask me this, why didn’t he believe it was me. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. There was a period here that I became angry, hated the game. I would say some mean things if anyone trash talked me. I would blow up when I got disrespected and I would trash talk to no end. Well when I lost some good friends from this angry talk and I would see others were less than willing to help me in fights I couldn’t blame them, I was a jerk. What I was doing was ruining the game for others with me anger.
I took a short break from UO and since I came back I have mellowed my mood a lot. Now I have many friends who like fighting with me and I truly do enjoy UO again. So the reason I think KMS wanted me to prove to him it really was me was he was one of the friends I lost due to the anger and he doesn’t recognize me now being mellow. It’s me KM, I just had a change of heart on how I wish to play my game. I hope my new play style is closer to the old skull you used to call brother before the anger hit me.
If I can change and play nice, why cant everyone…

S

Sickshine

Glad to know you're still with us! I heard this rumor about you last night as well, but I was pretty certain it was just that a rumor.

I am also pleased to know you are enjoying the game and having fun regardless of outcome. I respect you both as a pvper and a person.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't heard this rumor but I also haven't been around lately. But good to know you are still around anyways :D

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to hear your still kicking. I had not heard that rumor yet.

Just out of curiosity, how did you die in the rumor? Was it like a good death?
I had a rumor about me being dead once as well in real life. I even had a newspaper call my mom to confirm.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to hear your still kicking. I had not heard that rumor yet.

Just out of curiosity, how did you die in the rumor? Was it like a good death?
I had a rumor about me being dead once as well in real life. I even had a newspaper call my mom to confirm.
I heard it was a car wreck....guildmate came to me and asked me about it. I told him I had heard nothing about it. Then about an hour later...I saw skull in game.

V

Van Helsing III

I dont know why my last post was deleted but anyways Im glad to see you are ok skull

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did somebody say rumor? whats that?
Lose your dictionary? lol
No worries! Here's a definition for you:

ru⋅mor
  /ˈrumər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [roo-mer] Show IPA
–noun
1. a story or statement in general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts: a rumor of war.
2. gossip; hearsay: Don't listen to rumor.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not really sure why anyone would think to threaten someone. Infact im surprised I even have to mention to not do it.

So just a reminder, personal threats will not be tolerated, especialy ones that can be inrerpeted to be taken as a threat to cuase someone harm out of the game.