• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Am i doing something wrong

fighting irish

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all need some help advice please. I have been using up some charges on a valorite runic hammer and the armour being produced seems pretty crappy. wondered if im doing something wrong.I used valorite ingots my smithy is 110 in skill. This is an example of the armour im getting. Thanks for any help advice i have quite a few runics but this seems pretty worthless. I dont have a char with imbuing so runics is the only option for me.

valorite chainmail leggings
crafted by (chars name)
exceptional
weight 7 stones
hit point increase 5
luck 95
pr 23
fr 6
cr 22
pr 6
er 21

strenght requirement 60
durability 96/96

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What you're doing wrong is making armor with a Smith Runic.

That's actually a very nice piece of runic armor. The down side being that it doesn't allow active meditation. It would have been better had the HP Increase been a Regeneration of some sort, and if you'd used gold ingots, the luck would have been 135 (but the resists would be 7 points lower, total).

HOWEVER -

You don't want to use Smith runics to make Armor. They're too expensive for that.

You can buy FIFTY Tailor Barbed Runic Sewing Kits for what you'd pay for ONE Valorite Hammer, and all the Tailor kits can do is make armor.

While the Tailor Barbed runic is 3-5 properties at 50-100% intensity, compared to a Valorite Hammer's 5 properties at 85%-100%, you'll STILL end up with dozens of very good pieces from that many runics being used (and if basic leather or leaf armor, will allow meditation without using a slot), for the same cost.

Use Smith Runics for WEAPONS only, unless you're going for the Samurai look (the oriental plate armor styles get mage armor for free if made exceptional).