• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Always Winter

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A long Summer here is not like the summers most people have , from the mainland. Yet here on Dagar Island one keep to themselves trying to keep their homes warm. Whatever magic created this place was cold and dark. The ground always covered in snow with no vegetation what so ever, so being a carnivore was perfect for here, polar bear and walrus were always in abundance for dinner. An occasional frost troll for a little variety I suppose, making it perfect for dragons, however the cold weather wasn’t even on their favorite list of places to be.

Isolation from society ,and not attending social events like what some might say as the normal folk do, this place however could drive one mad. While the mainlanders frolicked and drank away the summer months at their plush taverns and party’s I remained here freezing my bum off. During the madness of the cold I found time to make some changes at DragonStone Castle in preparation for the even colder months of Winter. I would be prepared for the new season while the folks on the mainland scrambled preparing for their next few months of bitter cold. DragonStone would soon invite the kingdom for a feast and we would propose some trades and ask for laborors, after all there is more then just polar bear beyond here to eat and we needed resources as well, to them the thought would be for building more here but in reality DragonStone needed power and ally’s with crafters and farmers needed made. The magic world as well should side up with us....

Invitations would be sent out to all the famous craftsmen especially those near Minoc and Vesper where the most famous and wealthy of them reside, and notice to be sent to the shelter in Trinsic for the poor farmers to attend this gathering and proposal for trade, perhaps my old connections from Skara I could get some nice foods brought in from the farms and maybe a few Turkeys ( after all some might turn their noses to Polar bear Steaks and I fairly certain Troll is out of the question ) a request must also be sent for a few ships to deliver the preparations for this.

Last edited:

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sending a messenger to the mainland posting on each cities bulletin

Looking to Buy or Trade Goods
Harvest is Upon Us
Farm Goods & Seeds
Turkeys
Lumber for Building Barns & Livestock Shelters
Granite Needed
Looking to hire the finest Craftsmen
Interested Parties please sent word by Carrier to DragonStone Castle
On Dagar Island , Upper to Mid on North East Side

As I looked at what I had written I glanced up into the young Gargoyles Eyes, “ I would like you to go to the most popular Taverns as well to post this”.... *glaring now at him* I added “....and do not going indulging in the drinks there or you will get confused what you are doing” Smiling he nodded and off he flew

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Winter is becoming harsh on Dagar Island, it is just the beginning of winter and its looking bad. The Dragons Have vanished to warmer weather, what few remain, huddle mostly in DragonStone and are eating us out of house and home. I am preparing a ship to bring supplies from Moonglow, anyone interested in helping load the ship or defend the ship once at sea please meet in Moonglow town square (or beside the bank on the west) I will send someone to meet you there. Please avoid some of the lower class citizens of Moonglow they are somewhat distraught. Its my belief the Dragons have them a bit confused (since its warmer there and close to Dagar Island) I suppose that's where they are dwelling. Trust me Moonglow is safe! *coughs*

Meet in Moonglow Friday Jan 10 at 8:00 pm est