• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Also

G

I am sitting here at another guild meeting alone *sobs*

I have this fancy throne, in the middle of the castle that Lady Pyrite left me... but there is nobody here!

I need a new track for DTA.

What would you guys suggest we do with DTA?

Kind regards

G

Could you define "us"? JSV as a guild? Or the alliance? What are the positions now? my DTA legacy requires us to be neutral in PK/anti oppositions... also in red/blue matters... the only color I'm allowed is order vs chaos. Where would a fair crafter/trader guild be positioned nowadays?

Kind regards

G

Precisely where DTA is supposed to be !

Crafters *MUST* or *SHOULD* maintain neutrality, other wise what is the point of vendoring selling wares to *the masses* if we can not maintain everyone's right to be *red* and *blue* in this or that alliance or guild tag, when in fact each one of everyone here ........is a potential customer possibly needing our wares..needing to buy them, and as they buy they not killing the customers many of them merely shopping just as anyone else may be doing.

Tis never any guarentees for us or them or them seeing each other that one will not go down be killed of their newly bought items, but their RIGHT to be there shopping our RIGHT to sell to anyone wishing to purchase whatever we make ..must be maintained beyond our own guild tags and alliances..because primarily we are merchants first crafters second..etc.

Neutrality may not be possible for the *fighters* the aggressors, but it is........possible for us, cuz no matter whom they are they TOO need a smoke bomb, and enchanted apple, or gate scrolls and potions or a tunic we make and sell to........whomever needs.

I think DTA was founded on that simple concept ...they ALL may need to buy and we all MAKE and sell, neutrality is not such an ugly thing it also helps benefit a sense of *community* we permit each other ......our right to be whom what we are.

I

imported_Dark Drow

I see what you are going with. i have to say it true you need to do what you need to. if you have to sale to all player then do so.

G

Thank you QZ
Perhaps that is what I needed, the kick in the *ss to continue what I came here for. I will continue the path of our guild, even if I'm the only one to do it

Soo... all pure heart crafters/PvMs/traders are invited. We trade, we trade with everyone, no exceptions. You have something someone else needs, or you need something someone else has, talk to us.

Kind regards

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Recruit. Post on the NEW forum. Drop by the NEW GH. Tell new players about DTA. Don't let Myth and TNT and JSV hog all the new players!!
j/k guys!! Really, that was suppose to be funny!

2. Ally with some other neutral guilds.

Whatever you do, stay true to DTA's foundation.

P

Pyrite_DTA

Well, that just ripped a little piece of my heart out!

They finally fixed my mining cave, so maybe I will come back now and then.

Do we still mine up those black rock elementals?

G

Well sadly I have no more shops nor vendors up here on Siege for some weeks now, not really been into it since Ginsu was here in our shop we had here where Lady Pyrite made us a tokono dyed white box saying *best vendor home on siege 2007*..not been into vendoring much since, he passed and we lost that house and the prize box when his our vh. house fell. Nothing been the same since. I enjoyed being his head shop keeper and prior KSS shop keeper..as well as running *NEW HOPE* when I first came here to help NEW members sell things just to get their first earned gp here.

But I too learned long ago, even when I was KSS & *prior to that briefly I was also DTA,* now I am in MYTH, that if my potions or tunic, or enchanted apples are needed, even the most *vile enemies* of my own vulnerable crafter often NEED the items, and do NOT kill my crafter when they are ordering and paying for said items in small or MASS quantities. They need what we make, they may not have a crafter, at all, they ask whom can whip up 250 enchanted apples for me, ya raise your hand, they PAY you sometimes in advance too, knowing yu know you are their cannon fodder, they go OOC and BUY and do not harm your char. at all, plus ya no *real* threat to them that pk nor pvp...you are a *merchant* first and foremost and THEY every one of them ARE your potential customers. . it also is a trust issue, they are vulnerable too, they too can be killed by the fighters we may be closer with..........we say DONT KILL THEM they just shopping ..it creates its own *community* that quite differs from those whom only pvp or pk or in factions etc.

Our sense of *community* is folks who's templates vastly differs from our own, and they may NEED us for something we make or sell. . no threat to them, any of them not one iota, but they not gonna be'grandstanding out there in the field' none of em, if they got no potions no apples no bombs or are running nakey cuz they just got drylooted and in no armor.

G

The Dev. team *said* that they stopped the blackrock elementals with valentine publish patch, but I got so traumatised mining with Miranda every time I went to mine unlike everyone else I would get a BRE every darn time, till I could not even hit an ore mtn. again and still have not. It is silly I know but as many times as I can be killed by others no biggie, when I am merely mining and hitting ore, nothing come out and slaughtered me like that darn creation they put in the game. . which I still feel merely only served to punish honest players for what scripters were up to, and the BRE do not bug scripters..just the rest of us.

And some miners only got a BRE now and then so they continued to mine..me every time every darn time no matter where I beat the numbers random game got em every time I first tapped onto ore.. so I quit mining and still can not..return to even trying to do so...think I got traumatised. hehe But in theory ...they were stopped with valentine patch publish...whether that is perma or temp we have not gotten a dev. team to tell us for sure..despite miners pleas to let honest miners mine in peace again perma like pre blackrock tales !

M

Maleeka

I mined up my first (and only) BRE on Christmas Day last year. I started mining again after the publish (every day for the last 2 weeks) and I haven't had one.....for what it's worth. *smiles*

P

Pyrite_DTA

Well, I have been mining it the same cave since I finished grandmastering smithing and mining in Delucia many many years ago. It got blocked when they were messing with the graphics for that new client last year. I did find a way to teleport in and out of it, but with the black rock elemental possibility that got rather risky.

I sent multiple bug reports in about my cave. Finally started dropping accounts and quit playing because I just really got tired of dealing with the poor customer service. My last account is due to close in two weeks and I was not going to come back if my cave was not fixed by then.

So tonight, I am mining in Foolsgold's cave again with an old American Bulldog named Annie curled up at my feet. She was a puppy when I got that mining house and she slept under my feet as I mined (chewed a few cords too!) for hours on end. Ever since, she runs to curl up under my desk when she hears the sound of the old pickaxe making the rounds in my cave. I think she missed the cave too.

*smiles*

G

I think some *randomisational randoms* just hit some folks more so than others.

Like the dark wisps here.
If someone can not find any... I often comically volunteered to just go out there stand anywhere and ........like bomber jets they ALL FIND ME no matter wherever.

It ended up the same for my chrs. with gm mining Miranda here and my Shalom dude on Chesapeake..hit any ore anywhere BAM OoOOO BRE. . every single time meanwhile others posting on UO Hall everywhere..they not been killed by even one..or seldom attacked by them, but my chrs. BAM OoOO ! Really weird when ya think of it, can be pkd zillions of times esp mining..does not even phase me. . hit the ore get a blackrock ele every time I hit the ore insta death every time........yeh I probably got *traumatised* and angered if that was their so called way to try to stop scripters ..go back to the drawing board why punish kill my chrs or others, for HONEST mining no macros no scripts nothing. It did nothing to stop scripting miners anyways. bleh bandage fixes that don't resolve THEIR issues with cheaters/scripters only lost them honest customers punished for no reason !

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you QZ
Perhaps that is what I needed, the kick in the *ss to continue what I came here for. I will continue the path of our guild, even if I'm the only one to do it

Soo... all pure heart crafters/PvMs/traders are invited. We trade, we trade with everyone, no exceptions. You have something someone else needs, or you need something someone else has, talk to us.

Kind regards

[/ QUOTE ]

That neutrality just may be the ticket to maintain too. Folks grow weary of triumverate alliances all knit picking on the *other guys* endlessly repeatedly the others...are only bad kinda mentality that grows here. That DTA roots policy of neutral may actually attract more folks seeking some haven from he said she said they said they did she did he did...all bad but US, it is just our own guild, our tag our hue, our template, in game on Siege better than thou, mentality that is slashin the wrists of Siege shard lately and instead of ..growing, instead of community.. we earned now a very diminishing population and sense of community in this Siege community and population. So USE that neutrality, it oddly may be far more IN quietly within some folks here tired of the accusatory nature this shard has become ..and use that neutrality, for recruiting may do more now for yall, than ya think or dreamt of. USE IT !

P

Pyrite_DTA

Me too- I got killed by the black rock elementals every time I went out to mine- have seen none so far tonight, so I hope they are truely gone!

So, how has the randomizing mess changed prices? Is anyone able to offer colored granite items at a decent price?

G

Last I seen posted was that valorite ingots here, be anywhere from 90 gp per on up to 120 gp per valorite ingot. * I posted on Ches. trade forum too to try to get updates there on resources prices but I think they too busy slaying in alternative universe Moonglow atm to read posts*

BTW he still had the smithy on Chessie AS a smithy in fel. I asked him last time I saw him, if he kept it as is a smithy..he said yes and he still plans for an old school musuem of mining smithing in there. I joked and said good last thing ya need is both ME and Lady Pyrite hunting u down for not keeping ye word. haha

P

Pyrite_DTA

Good advice, QZ.

The problem with DTA right now is that it is so scattered - no communication.

I am going to have a hard time logging on early enough to catch Quira (Belgium).

When I used to be on for lots of hours day and night, it was easier to be GM of a large guild. I had time to talk to everyone. Now Quira and I both have limited hours, it is hard to keep everyone together.

But we shall try.

D

Dor of Sonoma

<blockquote><hr>

The Dev. team *said* that they stopped the blackrock elementals with valentine publish patch, but I got so traumatised mining with Miranda every time I went to mine unlike everyone else I would get a BRE every darn time, till I could not even hit an ore mtn. again and still have not. It is silly I know but as many times as I can be killed by others no biggie, when I am merely mining and hitting ore, nothing come out and slaughtered me like that darn creation they put in the game. . which I still feel merely only served to punish honest players for what scripters were up to, and the BRE do not bug scripters..just the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh really? They've supposedly ended that...horse manure?

I (reluctantly) retired my 8 year-old Miner/Smith last year, after they launched that crap on our heads.

Are you SURE that it's ended though? Somehow, I don't trust the judgement of the Powers That Be, when it comes to permanently affecting our venerable characters with environmental garbage. :-\

G

I have concluded that Kestrel may very well embody what is needed to save our shard from this blackrock menace..she is the anti-blackrock! Seriously, since they started this whole blackrock thing (2 years ago??), Kestrel, in spite of my many, many hours of usual GM mining with her all over the game world, HAS NEVER DUG UP A SINGLE PIECE OF BLACKROCK (not even in the main blackrock area by the Terathan keep when it was live!) NOR HAS SHE EVER SPAWNED A BLACKROCK ELEMENTAL (although I ran from plenty others dug up).

Perhaps I will take her to Moonglow and jump in the blackrock detector. Sure, the resulting blackrock-antiblackrock explosion will probably tear the fabric of time and space, destroying all life as we know it, but a happy new world might result from the ashes.

-Skylark

G

I would have liked to been so *unfortunate* to never have gotten even one BRE dug up but, instead I got them every time. I guess one fine day I may mine again, or not. I do not trust them either when they said they are gone with the Valentine publish in theory still in effect.

I won't be finding time for mining, anytime soon though. My lil yearly Moonglow Springfestival events host house, which I always keep active on Ches. because it is utilised normally for Spring Festival last April weekend per yr., is quite busy atm. I must have restocked 4x yesterday on *recalls* alone and 3x on all potions and petals etc. Figure I will be pretty tied up till after Spring Festival anyhow *end of April*, plus now with this Moonglow event, conveniently making more shoppers shopping upon the isle than normal = more wares for *healing* items selling out, faster.

I do hope to try mining to see if it be peaceful again but it may be a month from now before I get time to fool with mining.

G

Guild: One Elven Crafter [O'EC]

Guild title: Unbiased Independent

Guild Charter: Crafting Without Prejudice For All Guilds

Total Members: 1

I have no guildmates, but I have lots of people I'm friendly with, in several totally unrelated guilds.

G

rtlfc

Thank you all for the support! And thank you Lady Pyrite for your kind words *smiles*
Communication is a problem indeed in DTA right now. The time difference is the major obstacle I think, I will have to find a way for people to reach me when I am not online.

Mo', There is always room for one more orc... that is a saying, isn't it?

Petra, I am hanging on to the name DTA atm, it has a history I cannot and should not ignore. We could coordinate vendors and/or hunts though... when I find a solution to the communication problem.

Thanks all!

Kind regards