• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Aloha ʻoe

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This post is a more informal as it is a sad farewell to Taylor, the man many consider to have saved the Stratics Community from the Voids of internet oblivion.

This is not an easy post for me, as I've not been as close to Taylor as others - but yet his parting as this community's leader is deeply felt by many. I respect him, his decisions, and the persistent, heartfelt honesty by which he lead Stratics from the shadows. It takes a special person to do what he did. Taylor V. Smith is a man to be honored.

I reside in Hawaii where one of the most beautiful songs ever written (imosho) was penned by the last Queen of this tiny island nation; Liliʻuokalani. Her story is tragic, but the love she felt for her people, her country, and her home were true. The song, Aloha ʻoe.

Aloha - it is a deeply felt emotion that transcends social and physical bonds. It is the sharing of breath from one being to another... giving life and sharing life which makes all things connected.
Alo - meaning front, face and presence
ha - to breath, exhale, to breath upon... life itself
The Hawaiians would greet, and part, with the sharing of breath. They would embrace, touch foreheads, and breath upon and with each other to exhibit the connection they have. Over time, as these islands became modernized - that breath became song.
Taylor shared his Aloha to keep Stratics alive. To ensure this community's future. To provide us all with a place we virtually call home. It is in this spirit of Aloha that I fix these words of that long past and lonely Queen to this passing the Savior of Stratics....

Aloha ʻoe, aloha ʻoe
E ka onaona noho i ka lipo
One fond embrace,
A hoʻi aʻe au
Until we meet again...

Farewell to thee, Farewell to thee
The charming one who dwells in the shaded bowers
One fond embrace,
'Ere I depart
Until we meet again...

As I wipe my tears, for I am deeply affected by this, I know that Taylor is not going to be too far away - for how far can you take yourself from something you love? His role here as this community's leader and visionary is over, but he is ever welcomed and accepted as one of us. Without him, we most likely would not be able to move into the future.

Mahalo nui loa, Taylor.
E ʻoluʻolu ʻoe i koʻu manaʻo,
hohoʻi ne.

Thank you very much, Taylor.
Please do me a favor,
return often.

Last edited:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you, Less. My departure is bittersweet for me. Stratics is a magical place. I've done my best over the past five years as a volunteer, four in leadership, too revive Stratics' brand, upgrade its infrastructure, protect the contributions of its volunteers, and provide improved features and perks to the Stratics community. Stratics is better today than when it was entrusted to me--healthier, more technologically advanced, more secure, more feature-rich. It's with this foundation in place that I feel comfortable passing the torch to Ron Bron.

I'll be absent as a leader, but my fingerprints are everywhere I look. Best of luck to you.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Called it.

Now, for the question Nabin snobbed at me about last week and was never answered. Who owns stratics?

o7

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thank you, Less. My departure is bittersweet for me. Stratics is a magical place. I've done my best over the past five years as a volunteer, four in leadership, too revive Stratics' brand, upgrade its infrastructure, protect the contributions of its volunteers, and provide improved features and perks to the Stratics community. Stratics is better today than when it was entrusted to me--healthier, more technologically advanced, more secure, more feature-rich. It's with this foundation in place that I feel comfortable passing the torch to Ron Bron.

I'll be absent as a leader, but my fingerprints are everywhere I look. Best of luck to you.
You are going to be missed more than you know, Taylor. Perhaps I'm over-reacting, but I feel like someone just turned out the light and there aren't any replacement bulbs in the drawer... :(

Take care, stay well, and good luck in all your future ventures.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you, @old gypsy. Everything will work out alright for Stratics. :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I cried.....I really did. Taylor you are so awesome and amazing and all the work you've done for us has been incredible. Thanks for everything!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*tips hat* Yer not the only dreamer. Thank you, Taylor. I am certain everything will work out alright for you too.

Alexandra88

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Well @Kirthag, I'm so glad that this was the first message which I've read today. Thank you for this.

Thank you @Taylor for the chance you gave me at Stratics. I'm so grateful that I've had an opportunity to work with you even for a short time. I'm feeling a bit sad since I didn't had a chance to know you better personally as others did, but I will be bold and say that I know that you have a vision, the positive energy, the will and every other "tool" for making a difference. At this moment I can just say that you can be proud on yourself because beside the technical improvements you made to revive this community in the past, I'm sure that you touched many hearts and souls in a positive way. And at the end of the day, that is the most important thing we can do. Let that be your most important legacy and remember to keep your head high!

When I read this quote I really thought of you:

“A visionary is a leader of excellence who sees what others do not see, who achieves for now and plans for the future, who positively impacts different generations and raises up other visionaries.” ― Onyi Anyado

I hope that I will have the chance to work with you on some other projects in the future!

spin

Asian Shard Liaison
Professional
Shard Liaison
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier.

You have been the best boss ever.
No doubt we will meet again, so this is goodbye for now :)

Thank you Taylor.
Best of luck.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Claimed.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taylor....
I have so much to say and ask...
I have always looked forward to your comments and posts.
It will be hard to see your imprint on Stratics and not miss you.
You did good.