• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

All Settings Not Saving (Desktop)?

U

unified

Perhaps a minor problem, but nonetheless frustrating ...

Everything displayed on my user interface saves when I log off, except that I'd like for my character's backpack to remain open and the radar being displayed when I log back in. Sometimes the radar will be displayed, but the backpack will be closed; sometimes the backpack will be open, but the radar will be hidden. Even if I set these properties in the character's settings file, they will not function when I log in.

For example, if I set this:

<MapState mode="radar" />

The radar will be "hidden" when I log in. When I log out after opening the radar and check my character's settings file, this is what I see:

<MapState mode="hidden" />

Another character on my account has the setting correctly updating and the radar is always present.

What should I do?

P.S. I am using the Enhanced Client under Windows Vista Home Premium, and as Administrator.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a bug awhile back that if you logged in with your map open it would crash you. I think the developers made it where the map is always closed when you log in. As for the backpack, not sure...

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps a minor problem, but nonetheless frustrating ...

Everything displayed on my user interface saves when I log off, except that I'd like for my character's backpack to remain open and the radar being displayed when I log back in. Sometimes the radar will be displayed, but the backpack will be closed; sometimes the backpack will be open, but the radar will be hidden. Even if I set these properties in the character's settings file, they will not function when I log in.

For example, if I set this:

<MapState mode="radar" />

The radar will be "hidden" when I log in. When I log out after opening the radar and check my character's settings file, this is what I see:

<MapState mode="hidden" />

Another character on my account has the setting correctly updating and the radar is always present.

What should I do?

P.S. I am using the Enhanced Client under Windows Vista Home Premium, and as Administrator.
Rather than troubleshooting,
1) Rename the profile of this char with bugged radar (add a .bak extention or something)
2) Then make a copy of the working char's profile and rename it to match the name of the char in 1 (ie, without the .bak)

If you have different macros, you might need to re-setup these macros.

The profiles for EC are stored here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your windows login\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\Your UO account\Your shard\
There will be a file there for each character name. These files do not have a 3 letter file extension.

To keep the backpack open, you need to download and install a mod. Can't remember if all the mods has this, but I know the Copper mod (maintained and compiled by Dermott) has this function for sure.

Check the EC client forum at UO Enhanced Client beta discussion - Stratics Forums for help on downloading and installing the mods.

U

unified

Thanks, Harlequin. I have the Copper_Enhanced mod already installed. I copied the working profile and renamed, etc. as you suggested. After updating the macros in the new file, all seems to be working well. :)

U

unified

Thanks, Shamus.

I remember hearing about that bug. I thought it was fixed. Anyways, I never have the map open when I log off since then. I just have the radar displaying.