• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alchemy Scrolls

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is time for the alchemist to demand alchemy scrolls - I mean fishermen now have scrolls and Alchemy is the only craftsman type skill that doesn't
Anyone ever get an answer as to why alchemists don't have scrolls?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummm ...
Tinkering? Cooking? Carpentry? Arms Lore? Those dont have a powerscroll, too. And not to mention mining and lumberjacking. (Not really crafting skills but more like fishing.)
With the gargish crafting technology it would become possible to give glassblowing and masonry their own skills.
Not everything needs a powerscroll. For alchemy you could search for a good talisman and be finde with it.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting thought.
Are you a potions vendor type? Because I know when I consider 120 alchemy it is because I am failing at one of the harder potions.
However Alchemy is one of the few trade skills that can effect fighting, be it PvM or PvP.
It might take a great amount of forethought and planning if this were to be implemented.
A good talisman can help an alchemist in making potions but does not overcome every weakness.
Also, to play devils advocate, you will have the argument that there is not enough skill points in already cramped templates.

As a side note - taste id is never used save for JOAT and roleplaying and perhaps that can be somehow worked into the success of creating potions. Again we run into the already cramped template but if it only effected the chance of creation in a bonus sort of way (no negative for not having it) or perhaps effected the amount of reagents used, the choice to have or not have the skill would be less of a factor. Only alchemist vendor mules (i include myself into that category too) would be worried about cramped template.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can think of 9 skills off the top of my head that only have gm. If i would have to 120 all those, well i would probably just never do it. Or if i did, when someone wanted something made they definitely wouldnt get it for free anymore, would have to pay for all that grinding.

I really dont even know what potions your talking about. I stopped making potions a a long long time ago, when 10k for a keg became very very affordable.

I guess you mean the higher end ones like darkglow poison and the like? No one uses those. If new ones were introduced, and actually usefull, then maybe, maybe i would 120 it.

i like gm skills, wish all skills were still gm. It would allow alot more templates.
(except for imbuing that skill should be around 200 to max as it killed the need for most other crafting skills, and essences drops should be on par with a minor artie drop)

So yeah, 120 alchemy, nice to think about i guess, but i think its fine at 100

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really dont even know what potions your talking about. I stopped making potions a a long long time ago, when 10k for a keg became very very affordable.
Providing you have 30 alchemy bonus talisman (big if) and are at GM...these are the only things with a chance of failure.

Hovering Wisp (hmm when was the last time I made that)
Smoke Bombs (now this is still like a 50% fail rate)
Greater Conflag (10% fail rate or so, I can live with that)
Deadly Poison (50% fail rate again)

If you don't have a 30 alchemy bonus talisman, then the list increase greatly.
I didn't check the glass blowing menu with a glassblowing talis.

I think making smoke bombs annoys me most with the failure rate...and it is not so much the fail or the loss of reags, it is the extra time to make.

When I put this info in writing, 120 Alchemy seems like a waste of time for crafting-trade purposes. Perhaps a little change to smoke bombs difficulty might be the easier solution.