• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Alchemy Archer Mage Suit

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
hi,

may i have a price check for that suit, thank you!

Potted Stats / include FC1 Townbuff / Trinni Petal / 80EP from Alchemy Bonus:

STR: 150 (overcapped for curse proof)
DEX: 75 (80 Stamina)
INT: 150 (192 mana)
HP: 150 (curse proof)

100+LRC (can switch to spell focus sash also)
40+lmc

Resist: 70 95 83 85 93

15 Damage Eater
30 Kinetic Eater
30 Fire Eater

18 Hit Point Regeneration
5 Stamina Regeneration
25 Mana Regeneration

7 Casting Focus (12 with inscription)
30 Spell Damage Increase

45 Hit Chance Increase (10 on the Bow)
45 Defence Chance Increase (50 with Lieutenant / 55 with Spell Focusing)

2 Faster Casting (3 in total with Townbuff -1 from Bow)
6 Faster Casting Recovery

50 Enhance Potions (+30 EP from Alchemy)

i ran the following template:
120 Magery
120 Evaluating Intelligence
115 Archery (+5 from Despictable)
100 Alchemy
100 Inscription
90 Tactics
75 Medidation

Bow:
Special Move: Armor Ignore, Moving Shot
Hit Lightning 50%
Velocity 48%
Balanced

here are the parts in detailed view:

PVP Mage.png

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Almost always better to part these things out if ur looking at selling

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Genesis is right. You play it AS mage. And when you got your target down you place an AI and a Supernova. With 80 EP these are quite mean. If you got skill (wich i dont) you can combine than with spell focusing.

I did some testings and got over way 150 damage in one attack. (Curse, explo, fs, AI, hit light, vemocity, nova, spell focus)

Of course this is theoretical in best conditions.

Also there are also some improvementswhich could be done. New boots to get more hci in suit for full 50velo and a bit more di. Better brace but they get expensive in that Range.
Better gloves or imbued Helm of swiftness.

Can someone give me an estimation what is a price for it?

Last edited:

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a returning vet I have to say people are very defensive these days. It's was just a question!

Kei

Knight of Kingdom of God
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The jewels alone are in the 700 - 1b. I will price the armor pieces at an avg of 80mil per piece. I think the suit including the arties are a good 1.4 - 1.7b suit.

I am no expert but thats what I would pay for.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very nice suit, and love seeing hybrids. There is a high demand for this sort of suit these days, so I hope someone makes you a legitimate offer.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a similar suit for an archer mage but no Alchy/pots. The thing is without any DI on jewels/weps, you are better off just using a normal bow for Para/Mortal as you wont hit the DI damage cap of 35 without roughly 55di having only 90 tactics. Just an FYI.

You can also switch out Alchy for Poisoning...not sure if the poisoning masteries allow you to apply poison to a non-infectious strike bow wep like Comp Bow, but would be cool. I havent played UO in 1.5years now but I love trolling the forums for new ideas that might get me back into the game.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good suit the only difference I would do my personal opinion and preference id go with just damage eater, drop the other 2 eaters and get a hell of alot more stats, allowing you to swing faster with the bow. This is a heavy damage temp, if you can shoot that arrow fast you can cause some serious damage in a quick dump.

Nice work

Metal Head

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good suit the only difference I would do my personal opinion and preference id go with just damage eater, drop the other 2 eaters and get a hell of alot more stats, allowing you to swing faster with the bow. This is a heavy damage temp, if you can shoot that arrow fast you can cause some serious damage in a quick dump.

Nice work
I totally disagree, with the 30% eaters he'll defiantly notice the damage reduction they will eat, many of times the fire eater has saved me. With a scribe curse, explo, fs and ai (if bow has hit spell then that too) will almost redline them, throw in a lightning and maybe some small spells = dead. (Supernova with alchy they will die almost every time if the ai prongs)

Edit - Good job on the suit btw :)

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally disagree, with the 30% eaters he'll defiantly notice the damage reduction they will eat, many of times the fire eater has saved me. With a scribe curse, explo, fs and ai (if bow has hit spell then that too) will almost redline them, throw in a lightning and maybe some small spells = dead. (Supernova with alchy they will die almost every time if the ai prongs)

Edit - Good job on the suit btw :)
I understand with what your saying but if you think..... for example ( Flame strike does 50 damage) 15% Eater block 7.5 Point of Damage.... for 7.5 Point of damage I'd rather have, 24-30 extra stamina + dex bonus, RPD, HCI/DCI pieces then go with differnt jewels if u wanted etc lots of ways to make the suit.. but that will get into a different swing bracket. To each its own though its all about your play style and if your soloing, grouping, etc... its completely awesome the way it is.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i usually price suits by adding up the retail value of individual pieces, then adding on a third profit (for time / effort spent)

1.5 bil seems very fair.

easy upgrade - take hci off bow, add in hld, hla, or ssi, put on anon's boots. you already have the dci to spare, simple add-in to add more bow power. even only 10ssi would be the same effect as 30 total more stam to suit.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
thank you all for your input and price checks!
@del55 @keyvan @Cetric @genchattroll101 @Summoned @Kei @King Greg @Arcades @SoulWeaver @Metal Head @Smoot

it was quite some work to get all together like that, i will keep it for now. i might will xfer this character to atlantic if i find a good guild who is willing to let a pvp mage beginner join even if i due to timezone difference will not be able to play daily with US or APAC folks.

as @Smoot already mentioned there are some easy improvements here which i will try to implement:
1. switch to anon boots to benefit from my 50 hci in order to safe space on bow
2. try to find a pair of fire eater gloves to replace mine, with using the lieutenant i can got for 2lmc 10lrc which should be around somewhere to maybe get som more stats mr whatever on.
3. scan the marked for maybe an imbued helm of swiftness which got something usefull on

one last question guys. i was told 100% elemental bow is the way to go to avoid giving the enemy change to benefit from 30% kinetic eater, would it be better to try to reforge a 70 hit spell bow? and if yes then lightning or fireball?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its doesnt really matter about the bow type for kinetic eater, kinetic eater procs off all "physical" attacks. like if you have a 100 fire damage eater bow, any damage the bow does will not proc a fire eater, it will still proc kinetic.

what does matter is for curse. youd want anything other than physical. cold, fire, or poison would probably be best because for elf energy only goes down to 65 cursed.

also, you cant reforge for 70 hit spell on a bow (or thrown) cap is 50 for ranged hit spell.

also wouldnt worry too much about an imbued helm. since back then you couldnt take off mage armor youd only be getting about half a stat more than a regular one. (like 10ish lrc, a little higher if int had been taken down)

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ah i thought a 100 elemental bow will trigger the proper eater...

is it even possible to forge a 70 hitspell bow?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I ran my this way but had resist not alchy for a long time. Worked out fine. I went to a 150 stam version though and it made all the difference in the world for speed when having an accident shot or trying to place two shots. Definitely recommend it. Look up Clark Griswold's suit sometime on Atlantic.

PS run resist and drop alchy or scribe if ur gunna play atl. No resist is a death sentence.

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
What is the spell order of this suit. Also newbie question what is fs and AL ? Thank you.
FS = Flamestrike
AI = Armor Ignore

Spell order, depends on situation. Generally, you can dump pretty hard with an Explode/FS/AI, but that's if you have the jump.

Vasil

Visitor
Thank you Dante for the answer.

Im finding pretty hard time now in pvp, seems everyone runing, can't even cast a spell on them.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for all the feedback.

I tested around a bit and i identified some weak spots.

1. it seems that i lack skill when it comes to play mages (especially on Atlantic) i mostly play dexxer
2. i got not the best connection which combined to my lack of skill i got severe issues in timing etc.
3. due go lacking high end 3/1 jewels i need to use that helmet which is in Addition to the gloves a weak part.

Thwerefore i did some modifications to the suit.
1. i replaced the Archer part with parry+anatomy and bought a shield (need a better one)
2. i added resisting spells for scribe
3. i replaced Helm of swiftness with a good wiz hat.
4. i replaced the crafted gloves with a better piece.
5. i will replace legs with something with more stats +1 more CF to cap this with less regens AS i got 25hpr which is too much and wasted.
6. once i found out if shield bash need hci i will decided which boots i will use
7. i will replace the brace with an 3/1 one. I just need to find one that fits.

New detailed overview will follow once i got legs/brac

That all should make that Charakter more durable when it comes to defend myself till i get some practice. Then i may switch back to archery