• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alchemy addition/suggestion...

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was brainstorming in the shower.. (among other things..) And was thinking about the Stygian Abyss expansion.. and the Enchanting skill or whatever it is gonna be called.. How about some changes/customization to the alchemy skill?

Follow me here:

Lets say, for the sake of crafting/brainstorming, all potions have a 5/5 crafting system/number.. meaning different strength pots take up different slots out of that 5.

For example, lets say a Greater Heal Pot is 4/5, a DP is 4/5, Invis 4/5, Greater Cure 4/5.

Normal Heal 3/5, Normal Cure 3/5, Greater Poison 3/5... get the idea?

Ok how about the ability to craft custom pots?

If a GH is 4/5 by itself, how about the remaining 1/5 charge can be used to apply the proporties of a lesser potion? Maybe Nightsight is 1/5, and when created and used, the potion would heal the damage, and grant nightsight.

Greater Explosion = 4/5 + Lesser Conflag 1/5 = 5/5, and you have an explosion potion that greates a fire for a few seconds.

Greater Strength = 3/5 + Normal Agility = 2/5 = 5/5, and you get your strength, with an agility boost.

Total Refresh = 4/5 + Lesser Heal = 1/5 = 5/5, Totally refreshed, and a lil heal.

Invis = 4/5 + Lesser Heal = 1/5 = 5/5, Hidden, and a lil damage healed.

Just some examples of what can be made if there were some changes to the system. Maybe require GM Alchemy? Or a special book similar to mining for sand, and granite? Numbers arent set in concrete either, ill leave that up to the devs for balance purposes (lol)

Suggestions? Comments? Just hit that 'x' in the corner of your screen to reply..

;)

P

pavel.vesely

Nice idea and I think that people would quickly find good and useful potion combinations. Only comment I have is that I see deadly poison as 5/5, because it is only 20% to create now.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe with 100 poison/100 alchy, poison pots can have their properties changed? Like the ability to determine what stat the poison effects? Rather than a drain on health, how about stamina or mana? Or a combo of both with the 5/5 system?

*edit

To take it further, similar to parasitic poison, the ability to choose which stat is leeched..

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'd leave Deadly alone at 5/5 and if you want to tweak with poison use Greater Poison + whatever...

I like the idea, but it may not work for this expansion... you have to figure there's a LOT of possible combos and the devs would have to come up with every one of them... or define which are possible and which aren't.

It could be something for a future expansion or patch though.

Good thought.