• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alchemists Abomination Boss

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i have been very busy with work last couple weeks but i was finally able to carve out some me time and i thought id take Sunday afternoon and jump around to a couple shards while the spawn was busy and run a couple spawns and collect a couple of those bracelets.

it ended up that i was able to hit all the North American shards yesterday afternoon while the masses where out running spawns so i was able to get a taste of what every shard had for the end boss of this champ spawn.

i was very surprised to see that each shard had its own uniquely and different boss.

but also with this i was surprised to see that a couple of the smaller populated shards had some intensely difficult boss set ups and the larger shards had some pretty push over ones.

specifically Pacific.

Pacific Boss was just stupid hard.
its special is just insta killing people that are on screen.
when i was there they must have been around 40 people doing the boss and there where several times when there was a MASH tent style healing area set up off screen with 20+ people there getting resurrected at once.
it was crazy hard for such a small shard.

what i wanted to pass along to any wayward Dev that may still lurk these old halls or any EM who i believe are ultimately responsible to picking the attributes of the spawn and bosses of these new dynamic champ spawns is..... read the room.
putting impossible bosses on small shards is disheartening.
the boss on some shards is so nasty that no one is doing the spawn anymore.
i went out again with a guild mate last night on several shards to help him try to get a couple bracelets and there was no one doing the spawn.

i understand that once you get the bracelet that there really is no point in doing the spawn unless your getting pages for your books, but to make the spawn so uncomfortably hard that no one comes to do the new event after they have done it once..... well that's your answer right there, no one is doing it for fun, and if no one is doing it for fun then no one is doing it which means its a dead champ spawn.

small shard = don't make the hardest boss you can dream up just because you can.
big shard = maybe go a bit harder because the boss dies in 10 seconds to the mass of people.

one would think this would be common sense.
its strange, i don't have anything to do with game development and even i can wrap my head around that concept.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
sorry.... sorry!
i was reclined outside in the sun absorbing some of the glorious sunshine that you southern people talk about all the time.
its easy for us Northern Canadians to get punch drunk on sunshine and once that happens we start spewing out random stuff.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You are expecting them to think about the players.
Ain't going to happen.
I am happily skipping this one. I ain't need that bracelet.
I will keep helping poor merchants ships about their goods to get SDI shields, having friendly discussions with Corgul to get pinks and doing FEL spawns and maps to get power scrolls to sell and buy earrings instead.
Better use of my time.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They do think about the players. Of course they do. Sometimes stuff doesn’t work out the best way. It happens. It’s a huge complex world...can’t expect everything done is going to please everyone. That is impossible.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to check out the event last night on Chessy. It turned out that it was only myself and the Rabbit, so we had a nice chat and shared a cold one. If you don't attach him, he's actually a really friendly dude and quite talkative. We ended up swapping some Hare raising stories about the game. In parting, I gave him a chocolate Easter Bunny I had crafted and he gave me this awesome ring with like 15 mods on it. He told me a little secret also. If anyone attacks him, he gives them a crappie bracelet. So, the morrow of the story is, put down your weapons and show a little love.:D

Last edited:

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was told that each shards EM was the one who decided on the Rabbits abilities, thus every shard has a Rabbit with different specials. If that is true, it means the Devs are not the ones that are clueless, this time, but instead your EM is the one that hates you, or is clueless.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was told that each shards EM was the one who decided on the Rabbits abilities, thus every shard has a Rabbit with different specials. If that is true, it means the Devs are not the ones that are clueless, this time, but instead your EM is the one that hates you, or is clueless.
Some posters blame the devs for everything.

Like I tell my employees, It's not your fault, I'm just blaming you.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Europa shard abomination is actually a good balance for the number of players who turn up to fight it. Very nice job from the Europa EM.

Ning

Journeyman
"It's not your fault, I'm just blaming you"

Thank you Pawain. My boss will hear that some day now.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some posters blame the devs for everything.

Like I tell my employees, It's not your fault, I'm just blaming you.
As the saying goes the buck stops here.

If its a employees fault its really management fault for not training there employees right in the frist place. Employees make mistakes becasue management just cares for the buck and not the employee.

Employees are just the fall guys when management messed up.

Management tells employee to do it this way. Employee gets the company fined. Management makes employee pay the fine and gets fired becasue management told them to do it that way. Management still gets that big bonuses while employee now waits in line at food bank.