• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alchemical Devastation Bracers - for spellcaster or warrior or both?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are Alchemical Devastation Bracers for spellcaster or warrior or both? And is the 35% Hit Lightning chance for each spell cast or successful weapon hit? An finally, does it stack with other "hit spells" like shortbow lightning special move? Many thanks!

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be over power if it worked with anything other then wrestling.

They would become one of the most valuable arms then for Sampire i would think

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep, I tested mine on Sampire with plain non-lightning weap, and no lightning at all, and also with lightning weapon and definitely no increase in lightning proc. Sad but fair, if it did, would be OP item..
Can you reforge a high lightning weapon (like 70% or more) and then imbue the rest of the properties on it? Would need ML and SL possibly HLD or HLA.
Also for HLD, you got 35% on M&S glasses, and if you have 50% on weapon, do they add linearly? I will need to research that.
Ty for info.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can you reforge a high lightning weapon (like 70% or more) and then imbue the rest of the properties on it? Would need ML and SL possibly HLD or HLA.
Also for HLD, you got 35% on M&S glasses, and if you have 50% on weapon, do they add linearly? I will need to research that.
Ty for info.
(mace and shields give 30 HLD)
you can reforge up to 70% hit spell, and imbue that item yes,
as for hit lower defense, the weapon and glasses do not stack linearly but the chance is multiplied.
so
P(A or B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A and B)
0.5 + 0.30 - (0.30x0.5)
=0.65

so if my math is any good having both mace and shield and 50 on a weapon effectively gives you 65% chance to hit lower defense.
(you can reforge up to 70 hit lower defense on a weapon, combined with mace and shields would yield 79% HLD)

Last edited:

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Mystic/Mage Garg uses the non-replica Bracers of Alchemical Devastation and the 40% lightning often fires when something attacks me toe-to-toe. My Garg carries no weapon whatsoever.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Mystic/Mage Garg uses the non-replica Bracers of Alchemical Devastation and the 40% lightning often fires when something attacks me toe-to-toe. My Garg carries no weapon whatsoever.
If you have no weapon it means you are wrestling when it attacks you.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even with zero Wrestle?
Even at 0 skill you have a chance at useing the skill with success. And if your human you have jack of all trades witch give you a unshown 20 skill points in all skills

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your chance to hit with a human 20 wrestling a target with 120 defense skill is pretty low tho. Assuming you have 45% hit chance and your target has 0% DCI (a monster) ,you'll have 20% to hit a 35% proc (or 40% with real bracers) which give a total of (0,2 x 0,35) = 7% or 8% with real bracers to proc the lightning. Not very reliable specially im not even considering if target has parry you'll need to multiply another 0,35-0,4 to the 7% or 8% so down to 2,5% ish, if target has parry.

If you have 120 wrestling with bracers tho , your chance to proc the lightning get reliably high around 28% in pve and around 20% in pvp, if your target has 45% dci and no parry, but down to 7% if target has 45% dci and parry.. so im not even sure if a 7% in pvp is reliable at that point, sure its good when it procs but meh

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have them on my thief and it is a nice little surprise when the lightening strikes and kills something small like a skeleton or rat. I am still not use to it and it catches me off guard when it goes off. It could probably finish off someone with just a few hit points left if it goes off. I don't know if SDI will effect it. I've not bothered to test.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Far as I understood a while back, item-cast spells are not affected by SDI and Eval. Weapons, wands etc..Is is still the case?

Mohawk

Visitor
what about if you have Anatomy and Eval Int combining for 220 skill points. how does it work then?

Anatomy+Evalint (220skill points) + mage weapon ?