• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Aion Goodness! (Server List, Pre-Selection, and an Award)! OH MY!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

Well, September 14, 2009 ended the open beta for Aion (NCWest extended the open beta due maintenance), and HOLY frakkin' nudity, it was amazing!

Now here's the server list as of 9/11/2009:

We are looking forward to seeing you in Atreia on one of these servers at launch!

[East] Azphel GMT-5
[East] Israphel GMT-5
[East] Lumiel GMT-5
[East] Marchutan GMT-5
[East] Triniel GMT-5
[East] Zikel GMT-5
[West] Ariel GMT-8
[West] Kaisinel GMT-8
[West] Nezekan GMT-8
[West] Siel GMT-8
[West] Vaizel GMT-8
[West] Yustiel GMT-8
For more information from the official Aion website, the LINK CAN BE FOUND HERE!

As for the pre-selection, this is what I found as of September 14, 2009:

More Details on Preselection
September 14, 2009 1:56 PM

Aion's release is right around the corner, and our anticipation is running high! The beards and hairstyles of the character creator are groomed and lined up, jostling against each other in eagerness to be picked for your characters in this coming weekend's Preselection and Head Start Programs.

Preselection is a benefit available to anyone who preordered Aion. If you are not sure whether or not you are eligible, simply log in to your NCsoft Master Account to verify that your game account is listed and your account type is not designated as "Beta".

Starting 12:00 p.m. PDT (more) on September 18, 2009, eligible players will be able to start their game clients and log in to create a total of two characters ahead of everyone else. You can name and create these two characters through the standard character creator and be ready to play with these characters right when the game Head Start Program begins (but not beforehand). Preselection will end 9:00 a.m. PDT on September 20, 2009 (more).

Don't miss this great opportunity to claim your character's name before anyone else does. It isn't too late to preorder, even if you have been holding out.
Not bad. Two names. I have no idea if those names will apply to all the servers or a specific server or a few servers or the nude beach on Hawai'i.

On a side note, I had a great time during open beta. The one class that I wasn't able to really test out during the closed betas was Templar, and man, these guys can tank! There are quests that specify "[group]", and it's always nice to have a tank that can take a beating as well as hold, maintain, and provoke aggro as much as possible because a lot of those mobs have some chunky health. We're also at patch 1.5.0.5 which should be up-to-date.

I think the Dev team for Aion has done an amazing job in doing what they have to do to make the upcoming Live launch as smooth as possible *knocks on wood*. Great job, NCWest! :thumbup:

Oh, on another side note, Aion won Inside Gaming's Best MMO of PAX 2009! RIGHT ON!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gip-maawVYw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gip-maawVYw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]