• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AI/Chiv Bane Dragon Training - Thoughts on Stam regen and Resist Spread...

Rimmuk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone,

I've finally been able to obtain a clean bane dragon with enough wiggle room to get an AI/Chiv Bane which is a pet I have been wanting to build for years. The raw stats can be found here if you are curious and like to tinker: Bane Dragon Base Intensity

The goal of this pet is to be able to take it pretty munch anywhere and be fairly well rounded resist wise. It will be capped on dex, int, str, int, MR, & base dmg and all 120 scrolls. I'm also pretty settled on 10 HPR but if anyone has some constructive thoughts there I'm open to listening (I'll pretty much always have consume on as well for the 30 HPR with that). There are a few items I am grappling with and am curious about some of the other seasoned tamers thoughts.

The first is Stam regen. I am going to put at least 5 into stam regen, and possibly 8 or 10. In most cases 5 is sufficient but there are a few mobs that suck stamina. Thoughts on this? Any extra points with SR would go to mana pool. At 10 SR the bane's mana pool is 394, 8 SR is a mana pool of 442, and at 5 SR the mana pool is 514. I'm not terribly concerned with the mana pool as at the end of the day MR is going to come into play for longer fights regardless if it's 400 or 500.

Here's the Bane at 5 control slots on cah with less to wiggle around with if it's helpful: 5 Slot Bane

The second debate I am kicking around is what the resist spread should be. Typically with most of my pets I run some configuration on 80/80/45/80/80, 80/80/80/45/80, etc and just swap out pets for encounters which works just fine but I'd like to try and make this Bane an all around go to. I'll also always typically be running consume as I mentioned above. Some options I am debating are 80/75/70/70/70 , 80/80/65/65/75, 75/75/70/70/75, or 73/73/73/73/73. I'm just curious what peoples experiences are with spreads for as solid as an all around pet that can survive most typical situations. I realize there are far more mobs and boss type encounters with the traditional phys, then fire, then engr but then you have mobs like Corgul who comes to mind off the top of my head who deals damage that is heavy in cold and poison. Thoughts and experiences here?

And yes I'm going to test out some things on my own on TC but the copy option is currently available and hasn't been for the last week which is also part of the reason why I am asking here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Take it to the Balrons at Chaos with 0 Stam regen, see how a Paragon affects Stamina when it hits the pet a few times.

If you think it needs more then take SR to 5. Repeat.

Usually 5 is enough on a Bane. Some say they need 0.

Lore the high Hit Point things you will fight. Very few do cold damage very few do poison damage unless you play in Eodon. Then decide if always taking 5 or 10% more damage on 95% of the mobs in UO is a good thing when you do not 80 Phy Fire and Energy.

Or you may play in a place where the hard hitters do Cold or Poison. Let me know of that place if you find it.