• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

After closing the client my character (even if hidden) is sparkling (even other characters can see) on login in Classic Client

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have tried completely closing out of UO, but it was still happening. Next did perform full system file check. That didn't work either. Checked all my macros and key bindings in UO and UOAssist for that character without finding any changes. Bit the bullet and deleted the character's data file from UO. Rebuilt all the desktop icons, options settings, hot keys, and macros including "apply and okay" after each change. Rebooted laptop.

Partial success...works after initial login with no sparkling!
But if I log to close the client and go immediately to shard and character selection, I sparkle again after logging in. My dazzling login effect only stops if I totally shut down UO.

I have other less vital characters that always cast annoying spells on log in as well. Have not found it necessary to fix them. But it is exceedingly annoying on my main sampire.
Also paged a GM for assistance; but no message or contact, or intervention while i was logged out that I am aware of.

Anyone have a solution bar reinstalling the full client?

Last edited:

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No more partial success. Broken every which way I log in, from selection and reopening UO. Same with or without UOAssist.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is something to do with being in vamp form when logging in. Confirmed that it does not happen if you log in out of vamp form, but does happen in vamp form. Never seen it before today, but it is visible to other characters even if you are hidden. Lich form has a smoke graphic that is visible to the player when they log in while in form, but it is not visible to other players if the character is invisible.

Last edited:

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried completely closing out of UO, but it was still happening. Next did perform full system file check. That didn't work either. Checked all my macros and key bindings in UO and UOAssist for that character without finding any changes. Bit the bullet and deleted the character's data file from UO. Rebuilt all the desktop icons, options settings, hot keys, and macros including "apply and okay" after each change. Rebooted laptop.

Partial success...works after initial login with no sparkling!
But if I log to close the client and go immediately to shard and character selection, I sparkle again after logging in. My dazzling login effect only stops if I totally shut down UO.

I have other less vital characters that always cast annoying spells on log in as well. Have not found it necessary to fix them. But it is exceedingly annoying on my main sampire.
Also paged a GM for assistance; but no message or contact, or intervention while i was logged out that I am aware of.

Anyone have a solution bar reinstalling the full client?
That is your soul, baby. Nothing to worry about. In time, you will find out it is a good thing.