• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

After 3 years....

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After more than three years serving Origin and it's community, Crescent Moon Auctions will be closing its doors on weekly auctions.

Low turnouts, low submission numbers, pulling teeth just to even try to have an auction then seeing not one, but two auction houses pop up on Fridays (as there is a new one that's hosting their first tonight in Luna), resigned me to my fate. I do not have the guild members I can trust to run an auction when I am not available nor do people trust new guild members to give them submissions, and rightfully so.

So instead of endeavoring to compete with others, I've taken the hint and closed the doors.

We will have estate auctions for a handful of individuals who requested we hold auctions for them to clear out some of their items, but other than that, we're done. I'm done.

Origin was struggling to support one auction house twice a month, I do not see how it would support 3.

Tis sad to see the decline from a year ago when we were having 2-3 auctions a week from CMA and another one from New Dawn and now we can't even really support one.

I, myself, am not leaving Origin, just closing up the auction house and moving on to other enjoyable in-game endeavors.

May the virtues guide you in your endeavors.

M

MistyMagik

My God this is a crime that you have been forced to resort to this. For my two cents you have put your heart and soul into helping to make this shard something great. I apologize for those individuals that just failed to see this and have gone and turned things around so rudely for you. Perhaps these with new auction houses didn't mean to do this, and I hope that is true but either way they have set up a situation where they cannot hope to even compete with you. For me personally I haven't gone to these other auctions and I doubt that I will in the future, rather I will keep an eye out for these estate auctions you are considering holding.

Thank you Cassie for everything you have done for this shard. Your auctions will be missed

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your auctions were always fun will miss them though havnt attended one in 6 months or more!!!!!!! AV's though not in guild, looks to be a contender!!!!!!!!!!!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was going to reply to this last night but...my heart was so heavy I couldn't.

Cassie and CMA Auctions has been around since day one of Origin. Cassie was ALWAYS here for the shard...every auction was AMAZING! The population of the shard at the beginning was awesome.

When New Dawn opened and I wanted to run an auction of my own, I consulted Cassie FIRST, asked for her help and advice...I didn't just do it, it would not have been fair to her. New Dawn Auctions ran alongside CMA Auctions for awhile and it worked beautifully...but the shards population was dwindling so I closed my doors. CMA was here first, it was out of respect that I did that.

Thank you Cassie, for everything you did for us. It just won't be the same without CMA Auctions.

J

jhawkbear

Cassie,

I'm sorry that it has come to this. As many of you know, I am the auctioneer for AV auctions. I personally talked to Cassie and offered to work together to promote both auctions.

We had/have no intention on putting CMA out of business. I attended you most recent auction and had a wonderful time.

I even told many people about it and gated a few people in.

If you do decide to open your doors back up, please let me know, and I will do anything and everything I can to help raise the attendance.

I hope there are no hard feelings between CMA and AV.

-Poofy / ICE

G

This is very sad for Origin. Thanks Cassie for all you have done.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

I'm really sorry to see CMA closing the door. Your auctions will be greatly missed. I still don't understand why the other auction houses couldn't just pick another night to hold auctions. I'll see you in game and look forward to hunting with you and enjoying the game with you.

G

There was discussion prior to the AV Auctions. Since difficult to try to be on for every Friday, and the whole shard knew Friday is auction night, to keep Fridays for auction nights and AV would host one. And when Cassie did do her auction, we all helped to promote it and many AV went. I am sorry to see the first auctions I ever attended close thier doors.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

There was discussion prior to the AV Auctions. Since difficult to try to be on for every Friday, and the whole shard knew Friday is auction night, to keep Fridays for auction nights and AV would host one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to start an argument here Daine, but there was -never- any discussion between myself or any of your guild about you guys hosting an auction on the same nights as mine since ours were irregular.

You had suggested that you guys could SPONSOR a special auction once a month for like the Zoo Auctions or Library auctions with me as auctioneer and you guys providing the items for it, but that was that. It never came up again. And that was many many months back, like November/December. After which very few AV showed up to auctions from that point on.

What's done is done. I've heard from others and saw all I had to see to know that what was done was done for a reason and frankly, I don't care enough to put up another fight again to keep CMA going as a regular auction just to have those I had considered friends and allies repeatedly stab me in the back.

Translation: You won.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

Cassie plays this shard. I hunted with her tamer killing wisp in moonglow and also gave her a dragon. She plays. She has a right to be upset about this

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

question do u even play this shard or just run and auction here

example one: and i play mutli shards hide not about it!
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=5&amp;Number=7713413&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1

[/ QUOTE ]
*rolls eyes* I have acquired items on many shards and yes, I don't care that I want to *Gasp* sell items there to return home with acquired items as well.

You know, you have heard of this thing called cross sharding to get some items? I cross sharded a character to sell items to get items there. Imagine how that works.

I played Legends off and on for a while, just like I always have for the last 9 years played on two shards. I'm going for Origin and Siege as my friends on Legends have moved to Origin.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrug* I've been out of Ecrus for a very long time LOL I've stopped mining. When I was mining more than a sane person would and not get gems, I gave up. By then after more than a year of mining when I wasn't auctioning I had built up a nice pile.

O

Origin Thief

Cassie, sorry to hear this. Thank you for your contributions to Origin. You have put a lot of time into your auction house and kept strong even through the dwindling population and attendance. Your devotion and dedication to the people of Origin will be remembered. Thank you for everything.

F

funkbutterfive

Its sad to see ya go

Cassie ran a legit auction. I trusted her with my Items and I trusted her to pay out when my item sold. I trusted that i got a far price and that no monkey business was going on. I will have a hard time giving someone without her creditials that type of trust.

Handy Dan

I

imported_Veganite

Although I haven’t been to an auction since the early days of Origin I’m sorry to hear you won’t be doing regular auctions. Did you have your first auctions in Malas in some ice valley? I remember getting my first power scrolls from that auction. Fridays were never good for me so I missed a lot of them that I would have liked to attend. Best wishes to you and thank you for all you’ve done for Origin.