• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

After 21 years....

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's time. I've been a beta tester, EM; Met my wife on UO. It's probably all those reasons and more that I've kept my accounts active, even though we've logged on maybe 4 times in the past year.

I still love UO, don't get me wrong. But, there is just so many other things I want to be doing, and paying for multiple accounts on a game we don't actively play... well, EA has gotten a lot of free money from me. Maybe someday we'll reactivate our accounts... maybe not.

My first Ultima game was IV. I went back and played I-III. stopped at VI, until UO. To say it's been a huge part of my life.... is an understatement. The people I've met, friendships that I still cherish.

To everyone from Lord British on down in the UO community, I thank you and love you all.

Now... about my stuff. There are a few things I'll be keeping, just in case. And, I am not quite ready to give up my castle just yet. But, I do have 2 18x18s and a Keep placed in a most awesome place on a coastline just east of Britian.

I'll be giving away by 18x18s. Haven't decided how, but, it's what I want to do with them. The Keep.... well, I'll be selling that. Just in case we ever come back to the game.

Artifacts, materials, other still will be given away or sold off.

Finally, if anyone knows the whereabouts of Mystic Easter Egg By The Wanderer [Lake Austin 2009], or has it and is willing to part with it, let me know. One of the few items I have a strong attachment too in this game (and for the record, it's a unique egg).

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Class act. Much respect for the attitude, and yeah, keep some stuff. Cuz they always come back...

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I remember playing with you a while back, forgot which guild it was. Either way. It's good to at least take a break. I have taken several year breaks and left my accounts open just for the veteran rewards. I'd sell the artifacts that you want to sell etc so you get gold from it.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NuSair, thank you that you have been here. I do come back from time to time to join in all these little silly things of this game for romantic or sentimental or whatever reason, I think it's wise to leave something behind you can return to. I remember you giving a lot of advice and help here at stratics, thx for that. Take care, and if you feel so, just log in sometime in the future, it's always fun.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you fir all your help to the community and to your guild.

I spoke with you earlier today in game.

The frist time I heard of you was when I was reading about your wifes platemail sampire suit and i contacted you to make me one as well.

You will be missed and I hope from tine to time you will log back in. I dont play much eather and it was a nice chat we had today in game.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I quit twice and gave it all away so I wouldn't come back. I'm sure we all know how that went. So it's a good idea to squirrel away some stuff.

Merth

Journeyman
I agree. When I thought i was done “forever” I gave my account away to a new player that was really gung ho. Over the years ive come back a couple times only to realize I didnt want to start over from nothing. Fortunately a friend I told I was thinking of playing again gave me his account so I at least had a couple ok chars to play with and it has made this return way more interesting. Save what you can “just in case”.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That sounds very reasonable.
Good luck on your future endeavours!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were one of the most likeable people here and I admired you for for many of your statements. Thank you for being an Inspiration!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[bcolor=transparent]You can't officially leave UO without someone posting these Quotes![/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]"Can I have your stuff"[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
Lol wtf are you talking about :postpics:
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]You are now free to leave UO. [/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Good Luck to a truly nice person![/bcolor]