• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

After 12 years, I’m back!

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I had planned on trying a west coast shard, but since I was able to get my old accounts back where my chars were on Chessy, I’m playing there. Where is everyone? Chessy used to be packed. I had no trouble placing an 18x18 with a smaller shop next door near Skara Brae, and where there used to be lots of shops just outside Umbra, it’s all open land with only one house. I’ve only seen a few people in-game. There are so many changes. I’m having fun learning everything again!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I had planned on trying a west coast shard, but since I was able to get my old accounts back where my chars were on Chessy, I’m playing there. Where is everyone? Chessy used to be packed. I had no trouble placing an 18x18 with a smaller shop next door near Skara Brae, and where there used to be lots of shops just outside Umbra, it’s all open land with only one house. I’ve only seen a few people in-game. There are so many changes. I’m having fun learning everything again!
Welcome back @Calla Lily, the game isn't as packed as it was 12 years ago that's for sure hehe :p. Atlantic is the most populated shard these days but the others still have people, some busier than others. If you plan staying on Chessy, I strongly recommend to check out their forum (UO Chesapeake) as it lists weekly gatherings and other shard news :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to UO! :)

Atlantic is the only shard left that is considered populated. Catskills and Chesapeake still have decently sized communities though.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Welcome back @Calla Lily, the game isn't as packed as it was 12 years ago that's for sure hehe :p. Atlantic is the most populated shard these days but the others still have people, some busier than others. If you plan staying on Chessy, I strongly recommend to check out their forum (UO Chesapeake) as it lists weekly gatherings and other shard news :)
Thanks, I’ll check out that forum. Is there still a guild forum somewhere? I’d like to see what guilds are still active on Chessy.