• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player News Afk script gms are using causing illegal stoppage of accounts in event

Who do I log a complaint because its happened again

I'm a archer, I stand still to shoot NOT AFK
I pull away from mobs when health is low allow time to recover health to avoid death NOT AFK.
I loot NOT AFK.
I insurance drops and loot NOT AFK .
I stop to open or close doors NOT AFK.
I use armour ignore mostly and honor
No consecrated weapon as dont need it.
ALL OF THIS IS my game play but I'm flagged as afk? Erm? Why am I being treated like a criminal

Can someone clarify what exactly I'm doing wrong? And why I'm being flagged for afk? When I'm clearly here sitting on my sofa playing ultima on my tv

No gm pops up to say hello, nothing just no damage?
When you even speak to the gm they say sorry can't discuss this with anyone and you can't either and there's no one to discuss it with?

Hows that right?

This isnt a isolated incident this is meany players being treated this way by some automatic software or something

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You need to post on the official forums. Broadsword no longer looks at Stratics so you won't get any answers here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no afk timer, someone is paging on you. The GMs do not come and check, so you do not see them, nor do they message you. It is either a bad system or people with scripts are getting caught and coming to the forums to post a hard luck story since they have nothing else to do for 30 mins.

My toon is standing still by the 3rd floor tele right now and has been for about 30 mins while I have been posting on the 2 forums. And yep he just killed something.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This was asked about in the most recent Meet & Greet and Mesanna declined to share information on how the AFK damage penalty is working.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I wonder if maybe they are looking a little more into it.
because there are people that run auto-targeting scripts - and they are easy to spot because everything on their screen gets auto-targeted before your eyes can even register the spawn.
I'm curious if maybe they are smacking people for that as well.
because that is a pretty ****ty thing to do, run an auto-targeting script when other people are around.
so maybe try pausing your auto targetting script and see if you are still getting smacked from the GMs?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
because there are people that run auto-targeting scripts - and they are easy to spot because everything on their screen gets auto-targeted before your eyes can even register the spawn.
because that is a pretty ****ty thing to do, run an auto-targeting script when other people are around.
so maybe try pausing your auto targetting script and see if you are still getting smacked from the GMs?
I push my macro and can target and hit as soon as I am in range. I don't think an automated system could be faster.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I push my macro and can target and hit as soon as I am in range. I don't think an automated system could be faster.
oh it is, and it does them all not just one at a time.

Aww I think getitng confused with auto target scripts and afk because it's something different

The afk thing is for standing still not being active and no its some automatic system in place

And I thought there TCS and Cs was can't speak cast actions exc and not reply to a gm its a ban

Seems like there putting restrictions on people for doing nothing in the dungeon

They choose not to explain what you did wrong or how or even provide evidence to support such claims

It's like this

Automatic system says you did this tuff we said you did it thats it no appeal no support

There Automatic system is broken and I'm fed up with it

Attachments

It's for afk I have auto attack target and can filter rapidly through with the mouse scroll to get targets plus I use hit area to ensure I get more targets downed, it's common sense

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh it is, and it does them all not just one at a time.
I’m pretty certain you must be confused. Unless your talking about an AoE attack it’s literally impossible for an auto target script to target them all at once.

If you’re talking about pulling agro, you can do that simply by opening your paper doll with a macro.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’m pretty certain you must be confused. Unless your talking about an AoE attack it’s literally impossible for an auto target script to target them all at once.

If you’re talking about pulling agro, you can do that simply by opening your paper doll with a macro.
In CC

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

This can also be done by mounting a pet. I've seen people run in the middle of a room and do this too.

It's for afk I have auto attack target and can filter rapidly through with the mouse scroll to get targets plus I use hit area to ensure I get more targets downed, it's common sense
I only play CC so there is no such thing as "auto attack target"... you have create a macro to attack nearest hostile but even this is spotty at times and it certainly isn't something you can easily toggle between.

How are you using "Auto-attack"? I have to admit my knowledge on EC is limited but even if you were looping this macro in EC - doesn't that impact your ability to run other macros at the same time (ie special move / spells / bandages / etc)? Is there some Auto-target in EC that runs in the background that allows everything else to run uninterrupted?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This can also be done by mounting a pet. I've seen people run in the middle of a room and do this too.

I only play CC so there is no such thing as "auto attack target"... you have create a macro to attack nearest hostile but even this is spotty at times and it certainly isn't something you can easily toggle between.

How are you using "Auto-attack"? I have to admit my knowledge on EC is limited but even if you were looping this macro in EC - doesn't that impact your ability to run other macros at the same time (ie special move / spells / bandages / etc)? Is there some Auto-target in EC that runs in the background that allows everything else to run uninterrupted?
There is an “auto-attack”, though I think most consider it auto-defend… it does work.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I was going to post. Just run around and constantly open your paper doll to get everything to target you. Mages can also teleport around the screen; though I wouldn’t do that in Deceit.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what I was going to post. Just run around and constantly open your paper doll to get everything to target you. Mages can also teleport around the screen; though I wouldn’t do that in Deceit.
I’m pretty positive I could move through deceit on my wraith/archer and kill 90% of mobs in my path without ever initiating an attack simply shooting back from auto-defend.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’m pretty positive I could move through deceit on my wraith/archer and kill 90% of mobs in my path without ever initiating an attack simply shooting back from auto-defend.
Maybe on a dead shard but ATL? Don't think so... especially if you are on foot while others are mounted.

Let's be honest, we know that what I'm talking about isn't auto-defend. It's a script people are running but just to make sure I'm not ignorantly assuming, I've been asking people to prove to me it's actually an in-game macro but haven't heard anything.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there some Auto-target in EC that runs in the background that allows everything else to run uninterrupted?
Fairly trivial even iirc. Just add some "HandleSingleLeftClkTarget" at the right place in "OverheadText.UpdateName" and done. You'd still have to move within range and cast "by yourself" though.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no afk timer, someone is paging on you. The GMs do not come and check, so you do not see them, nor do they message you. It is either a bad system or people with scripts are getting caught and coming to the forums to post a hard luck story since they have nothing else to do for 30 mins.

My toon is standing still by the 3rd floor tele right now and has been for about 30 mins while I have been posting on the 2 forums. And yep he just killed something.
well that is where you are wrong, has happen to me 3 times now, and i dont play AFK, i barely know how to turn out a computer let alone run some script, and has also happen to a couple other people i know, who i know for a fact was not AFK

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well that is where you are wrong, has happen to me 3 times now, and i dont play AFK, i barely know how to turn out a computer let alone run some script, and has also happen to a couple other people i know, who i know for a fact was not AFK
Like I said, I have set still for many hours in Deceit with toons I use for Paragon help. Plus the ones I put somewhere, went to get a snack and forgot about them. If there is a timer, how long is it? Why does it let my toons sit still for long periods of time?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What shard?
Other people around?
CC or EC
We need more information than me too..

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Like I said, I have set still for many hours in Deceit with toons I use for Paragon help. Plus the ones I put somewhere, went to get a snack and forgot about them. If there is a timer, how long is it? Why does it let my toons sit still for long periods of time?
Gotta agree here it takes some of my characters 10 minutes to kill a ram solo no movement just healing pet with bandages

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What shard?
Other people around?
CC or EC
We need more information than me too..
Atlantic, i play EC, and yes other people around me, first day of the event i got a red message from a GM asking me basically if i was there, course i replied and all was well, then next day i noticed all of a sudden i stopped doin damage, thought i was bugged so i paged a GM, he told me i was flagged for being AFK, i proceeded to ask him if he knows what AFK stands for, he said yes and cannot discuss it with me, happen to me 2 more times since then.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Whitewolf of *VK*
What you were doing , exactly? Running and hitting stuff or staying at one place in wraith form spamming some AOE spell ?