• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AFK macroing on Siege...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

I can make comparisons too. Murdering 10 people is much worse than murdering 1 person.

Guess what? In both cases it is wrong. Why are we comparing some types of cheating to other types and trying to determine which is more wrong? Why does it matter? It doesn't. The issue is not that some types of cheating are worse than others, but rather that cheating is cheating. Afk macroing/scripting is cheating. And it is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, don't sit there and tell me you've NEVER done anything even vaguely illegal or against the rules. You don't ever drift one MPH over the speed limit, or pull up a little too far in an intersection, or make a turn without using your blinker? Never, truly? You are the perfect human, er borg, and you live your life 100% according to the letter of the law?

That's what I thought. So how can you really pass judgement on others the way you constantly do? Hell Mas, you break the RoC of these forums from time to time and you know it. You aren't perfect and neither are any of us. Don't make me pull out the H-word here...

@Nerf/Mr. T - What? Are you saying that once people start afk macroing a skill they will eventually start using programs that make "UO easy" and then start doing resource gathering via scripts? For real? I have never, ever done this and fully believe that most people don't either, especially on Siege. That slippery slope stuff doesn't fly with me. Thats like saying Mas is going to kill people eventually because he breaks the RoC on the Siege forums and drives a little too fast now and then, cuz ya know that those things inevitably lead to harsher crimes. Seriously....

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

which we all know aren't enforced by the 1 GM they still have working at EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, I was working a fighting skill on a prod shard by fighting my golem, I accidentally *smirk* fell asleep and was caught by no other than a GM. After reading my journal, it said "GM (fill in name) *kicked you*. All he done was kicked me in my shin and disconnected me, he didn't jail me or even give me a warning. The GM's don't care much about skill macroing afk, he just had to do his job since someone fpaged on me for "accidentally" falling asleep at the keyboard.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

And yep...I'm not saying this is with you Rykus...but you gotta wonder how it is with many....I bet most people start off as occasional cheaters using the "small, less important cheats" that have "less of an impact on the game," and it only takes off from there. There's a word for this...the domino effect I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't concern myself with it. I can only control what's in my yard and house. I don't feel I have the right to judge others. If I see someone doing something I feel is wrong I will take the action I feel is right. if some people feel that the right action to take against someone who they "think" is AFK macroing, but might actually just be cooking dinner while standing in their house logged in (which I actually do quite a bit), then that is what they must do.

We all make choices. If it's more important to some people to lose yet another person from Siege because they were training in their house, then I hope they feel good about it. I personally don't believe for a second that an AFK skill gainer is hurting anyone. I know that many new games coming out even have AFK skill gain built in. If I'm not mistaken, EVE Online does too. If it's so bad, why are other games making it part of their core functionality?

A

AntiOTF

<blockquote><hr>

I can make comparisons too. Murdering 10 people is much worse than murdering 1 person.

Guess what? In both cases it is wrong. Why are we comparing some types of cheating to other types and trying to determine which is more wrong? Why does it matter? It doesn't. The issue is not that some types of cheating are worse than others, but rather that cheating is cheating. Afk macroing/scripting is cheating. And it is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mas,

There are thousands upon thousands of "old laws' that society has changed, that were forgotten to be changed in the law books. For example... it still says in a law book that the state of (can't remember the state) it is legal to beat your wife, just as long as you do it on the courthouse steps. Now, we all know if you hit her you're going to jail, no matter what the law book says which was written in 1839 and never changed. Shall i continue?

Another state has a law that says it's illegal to wear your hat backwards. but guess how many people are jailed for breaking that law? Exactly. Get the point?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm almost able to look the other way when it comes to AFK training, but...

What program are people DLing to do it? You have to ask the question, "If they use it for training, what's to keep them from taking the next step and using it for BODs, gold farming, healing themselves, etc...?"

I've heard numerous stories about some of the crap out there that "makes UO so easy". No matter how innocent one use of it may sound to me, there are many others that are just [censored] wrong man.

You know, I bet that if even half of the lazy asshats who take the time to DL these programs instead chose to email a Dev or complain on UHall about ROT reform, we would have a better ROT system here on Siege Perious.

I applaud the OP for paging on these people. Keep up the good work. We need more people playing Siege who respect and love this game, and fewer of the "WAAH I CAN'T LEAVE THE HOUSE CUZ I'M ONLY 107 SWORDS CUZ MY CAT UNPLUGGED MY BOT" type.

[/rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nerf i dont think anyone is using a scripting program for their skill gain in RoT, i do not agree with 3rd party programs other than UOA. to work anatomy you dont need another program or to work any other skill for that matter you do not need any third party program, just what UO has built into the game itself.

Do not lump resource farmers/scripters in with people who are getting their 5 hours of training out.

On another not who the hell wants to do the RoT the way its set up. play for 2 seconds then log out for 15-20 minutes play for 2 more seconds? are you guys [censored] retarted?! thats not playing and really thats doing the same thing that we are doing which is getting a gain every 15-20 minutes we just dont log out to do it.

G

Glad to be of service. I use a timer for RoT gains so should you have too...
I look forward to dry looting your script using ass cause I know I can PLAY this game far better then you can write scripts for it.

N

Nerf-Herder

You're the cheater here. Why the hell are you crying? Try to justify it all you want, but you are still a cheater.

You are a worthless piece of trash.

I don't care how many times you kill me in game, all of my deaths will be legit. If you need a hack to train healing, do you still need momma to change your diapers?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Glad to be of service. I use a timer for RoT gains so should you have too...
I look forward to dry looting your script using ass cause I know I can PLAY this game far better then you can write scripts for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumbass i dont use scripts not sure how many times that needs to be repeated. I DO NOT USE SCRIPTS. I DO NOT CONDONE USING SCRIPTS.

i do however condone sticking something heavy on your space bar and going to bed. same thing you get your gains i get my gains. i unfortunatly have a daughter and a job that keeps me busy 14+ hours a day. so i am terribly sorry that i like to enjoy a game.

Really does it affect you morons that much?? if so please explain how me wanting to enjoy a game affects you? This would make for a very interesting argument.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You're the cheater here. Why the hell are you crying? Try to justify it all you want, but you are still a cheater.

You are a worthless piece of trash.

I don't care how many times you kill me in game, all of my deaths will be legit. If you need a hack to train healing, do you still need momma to change your diapers?

[/ QUOTE ]

nerf there is no hack your an idiot. theres no exploit and theres no bug im using.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sir, I caught you running a rail... '

That takes far more then just leaving a weight on a key on your keyboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

no it doesnt theres this great thing called walk in your macros section of your options menu. glad to see you know what your talking about though.

G

You were using a 3rd party to allow your character to gain in game, (let it be skill or resources/ AFK or not) you are cheating and will be called out.

I've been playing this game for 8 years and seen nothing but a downward spiral with UO and especially on Siege, it is time to set examples and fix the community before it becomes even more filled with cheaters and exploiters.

Don't think you can lie to me, feel free to lie to others but we both know what you were running while AFK.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You were using a 3rd party to allow your character to gain in game, let it be skill or resources/ afk or not, you are cheating and will be called out.

I've been playing this game for 8 years and seen nothing but a downward spiral on Siege, it is time to set examples and fix the community before it becomes even more filled with cheaters and exploiters.

Don't think you can lie to me, feel free to lie to others but we both know what you were running while afk.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep saying 3rd party, im sorry did you hack my computer and see easy uo sitting on there? or uoloop? even if you had hacked me you wouldnt have seen either one of those programs running. and im not cheating im not using an exploit or a bug or any kind of third party programs. i also do not know a way to get more than the aloted gains in a single day.

I do not resource farm. i run from sheep to sheep and shear and kill every single one of them and then tediously turn their wool into yarn into bolts. now if i was a cheater im pretty sure id have a program doing this but i dont.

and im sorry but how is stopping people from getting their gains going to help build this community? oh and if you want to throw number of years out there i have had 3 accounts for going on 9 years so take your 8 and shove em cause really they dont mean anything. it doesnt matter if you have been here for 10 years or 2 months your still just a person trying to enjoy the game.

So no more smack talk should come from you unless you have a VALID ARGUMENT. without one your just needlessly rambling. your point has been made. it hasnt been validated.

You dont like "cheaters" ok fine. now VALIDATE YOUR ARGUMENT OTHERWISE STFU! how does me getting my RoT gains affect your gaming experience. if you dont have an answer guess what i won the debate.

R

Rykus

RTLFC

PLEASE people, remove the insults, personal attacks and actual names of the programs used to cheat in this thread. The moment a mod wakes up and has a moment to peruse this thread it will be locked for those reasons. They've obviously been tolerant of the topic but will not be so tolerant of the blatant RoC abuse.

Again, please clean it up.

If not, then IBTL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The “rate-over-time” system (a.k.a. “ROT”) and daily caps will curb the unbalancing effects of macroing, since everyone will be subject to the same rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
People like Yimmy makes the game that much less fun because Devs have to design ****ty code to counter AFK macroing.

ALSO note the following in the ToS:
<blockquote><hr>

Please remember that unattended macroing is not permitted on any of the Ultima Online shards, including the new shard Siege Perilous. If you are caught macroing on this shard and it is your first offense your account will be temporarily suspended for up to 48 hours and this will be your only warning. If you are a repeat offender of macroing on any UO shard you are taking the risk of having your account suspended indefinitely.

[/ QUOTE ]
Am I wrong for wanting fair game play for all?
And since this is Siege Perilous, I see nothing wrong with my seeking of player justice on the cheaters.

I

imported_mo'gluk

your absolutely right ... and the mod is here. Keep your noses in your own business. Do what youwant when youcome across a person you feel is AFK macroing/scripting/whatever.... do not bring it here and start pointing fingers if I have to I will take individual action, but consider this a group talking to. You are not allowed to accuse a person of any sort of misdeed/hacking/afk macroing or anything because you cannot verify this information to other parties. keep it in your hat and do what you feeel you must do in game wit the proper authorities.

When I come across a person who i feel is doing someing "naugty" I kill em.. plain and simple. Whether its in the guardzone or not (need pointers let me know)

Status
Not open for further replies.