• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AFK is A-okay

• Thread starter Lucky Lisa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lucky Lisa

Oh noooo BAD BAD STORES .. ALWAYS AFK

skillers are also afk .. and what's up with *oh so fair* sims that are just standing round not moving infront of a full case of jams????

I say let's all drop it - AFK - is A- OKAY!!! basta!

(myself, not a store person hahah)

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

Oh noooo BAD BAD STORES .. ALWAYS AFK

skillers are also afk .. and what's up with *oh so fair* sims that are just standing round not moving infront of a full case of jams????

I say let's all drop it - AFK - is A- OKAY!!! basta!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those 3 you listed all have different objectives within the game. Clearly the store owners are in it for my my arent you an excellent sim by getting into the top 10 league of not-really-playing-but-still-a-necessity-to-the-game groupies, afk skillers are taking a nap or watching the latest episode of American Idol because well everyone knows skilling is about as much fun as American Idol anyway. Jammers, they can make more money going out of their rl home, walking down the street and picking the discarded pennies from the ground and using that in a jar collection to pay for their monthly subscription compared to the current slap in the face payouts...so whats the point in hanging around the pixel table?

So all in all I guess AFK is awesomely acceptable because I mean who wants to play a bug infested, going downhill, promise-lacking game for longer in the day then they really need to?

I could be wrong on all that though

L

Lucky Lisa

store owners - makin money
skillers - gettin skills (more payouts workin money objects)
jammers / gnomers - makin money

so they all might be distreacted with seinfeld .......
why less bad wth one or the other

T

turtleface

I thought the issue was that it was annoying when store owners were afk because sims coming to the store might need to ask them for something? like, prices on something or to buy something that isnt stocked? Of course, they can go elsewhere, but it's a much better service when the store people are there to help you. I don't really mind them being afk myself, i just go soemwhere else if i need to.
So i think that's how it's different from skillers or people doing money objects being afk- afk store people cause annoyance/inconvenience to some people, while they make a profit, while skillers and money object uses afk-ness doesn't impact anyone else.

N

Noddy Bond

correction AFK skillers impact me, anyone who has seen me in the skill houses over past few days will already know i like to be the center of attention ROFL and i dont like talking to myself

but if you ever need somone to skill with who is not afk then send meh a message i will talk to the cows come home lol
probably best to send to Nodster and not Noddy Bond had a bit of a name change when i come back

I prided myself on having the only store in DG to never be open it was great but i opened it for when people asked and if i was being lazy i sent them to the Garage because i knew Ms Nito was always open and never afk

P

princessofsh

I find it very strange stores the people are hiding o-o and don't even responde to you :O even the owners and roomates.

G

<blockquote><hr>

so they all might be distreacted with seinfeld

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that there's anything wrong with that...