• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Advice on solo peerless..

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I had a mage tamer disco bard and tried soloing Shimmering Effusion. It was great till the end and I couldn't damage him fast enough with just the greater drag and disco to take him down for that last 3k or so.

Decided to try this template instead...

115 Lore
120 Taming
110 Vet
120 Disco
120 Music
90 Magery
100 Spellweaving

I figured some Word of Deaths at the 3k mark might be enough to push me over the edge and get it done.

Thoughts?
Advice?

K

Kim Li of LS

if you are worryed about having a tight template I would drop taming/lore to 110, that's good enough for GD. That would let you up magery for better GHeal.

Also no med would make it difficult to keep mana up for healing and WoD I would think. Let me know if it works please..I been thinking of trying shimmer w a similar build.

Only 100 SW gonna make WoD difficult to pull off.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I tried this successfully just now. Neither my pet nor myself died during the encounter and I was able to easily finish off the boss with spellweaving even with the fails.

Pretty damn good template I must say. *pats self on back* =D

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like this build for solo meli,slasher,shimmer,stygian,most champs.
120music
120disco
120mystic
120focus
120mage
120spellweave

works like a charm also handy as a human to joat casting wraith form the 20 skill with 20 ss is nice for mana leeching off them very handy.

T

Tinsil

This last template probably has enough damage you could get by without spellweaving? What you think?

S

Shantia

120music
120disco
120mystic
120focus
120mage
120spellweave

works like a charm also handy as a human to joat casting wraith form the 20 skill with 20 ss is nice for mana leeching off them very handy.
What would you use to tank with this build? the RC or an arctic ogre lord? Or other? hehe. Looks like a fun build, costly but fun. Wonder if i could get away with less magery/mystic since the power scrolls are expensive and rare on my server.

Oh and what use is magery at 120 with this spec? I'm guessing EV's are not the tank spell of choice, so i'm curious why magery?

S

Shantia

120music
120disco
120mystic
120focus
120mage
120spellweave

What would you use to tank with this build? the RC or an arctic ogre lord? Or other? hehe. Looks like a fun build, costly but fun. Wonder if i could get away with less magery/mystic since the power scrolls are expensive and rare on my server.

Oh and what use is magery at 120 with this spec? I'm guessing EV's are not the tank spell of choice, so i'm curious why magery?
No answer to my questions yet. I'd really like to know why magery? with out eval it isnt for doing damage spells in the magery tree, and spellweaving and mysticism provide beefy tanks that make ev's useless. I could see the need for gate travel, but 120 skill points for just the one spell....hmmm there's gotta be another use for it that i'm not seeing!

R

Robsmack

Magery is for utility. Heals. Invisible cure gate resurrection night sight etc

L

L1Z4RD

120music
120disco
120mystic
120focus
120mage
120spellweave

I run with a similar build that is very handy for almost anything:

imo for pvm, colossus > taming anyday. This way you dont have to hassle with healing your pet, vet skill, ressing etc....simply summon another one and get back to dps.

120 music
120 disco (swap for peacing for spawns)
120 myst
100 focus (+20 from cryst ring)
80 necro (+25 from bracers and tali)
110 SS (+10 from tali)
50 magery (+35 from tome and cryst ring)

and that is on a 700 cap, so you could dump an extra 20 points into magery.

I run as much sdi as I can pack onto the suit while keeping decent resists and lrc, lmc etc.
items are:

Tome of lost knowledge
kasa
runic mempo with high resists and 20 lrc
battlemage tunic
bracers
stitchers mittens
kelp leggings

Bloodwood spirit tali
orny
cryst ring
quiver of infinity