• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice on old WW

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi although I am not new to game I am new to pet training, I have always usually just bought a pet. Going through stables on a couple accounts I have found some older pre patch WW and been training them up a little. I would like some advice on what I should do and the order to do it with this guy if anyone has the time to give me a summery. I have been going through sight and found some different builds but mainly I am going to use this guy is for EM Events so basically trying to get a good damage dealer on boss mob. I just dont want to screw it up so looking for order how I should proceed. Thanks here is pic of what I am working with.
Untitled.png

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
First, copy yourself to Test Center. You only get one shot with a legacy pet like this and if you mess it up there is no going back. You can use the skill gates in Britain to skill up the pet, play with the system and ensure that your build goes to plan. The training system is pretty complex.

Visit Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com
Enter your pet stats into here and then go to the Pet Planner so you can start adding skills to see what your final build will look like. For a Legacy WW, Chiv/AI is the only build I would recommend. Especially since you are looking for high damage for bosses, no other combo on it will hit harder. You have a very solid Legacy WW. ~64% intensity. Once you have what you wnat your final build to be, practice it on Test Center. If all comes out the way you want, then you can start thinking about doing it for real.

As far as order to add skills, they say stats first magic last but you can go from 3 to 5 slots so fast it doesn't matter all that much. Make sure you fully scroll up this pet it is well worth it.
Never do all of your stats before you add magic and scroll up the pet. If you add too many points to say Mana or HP, you could wind up short on points for that last 120 scroll or to add Chiv.

However, I just learned something myself about EM events, don't bring your legacy WW to them. Or any Draconic, )Dragons, Drakes etc...) pets for that matter.

Read this thread, there's a few poor souls here who learned the hard way what can happen at EM events.

edit: Also, and this is in the above thread, if you are going to go to EM events and high end bosses with your trained pets make sure you are running real 120 taming/lore. If you are using jewelry to raise to 120, if you forget to put on that jewelry or it gets taken off of you and you command your pet it will eventually go wild. You could technically get away with 110, but you have chances for your pet to disobey orders and eventually go wild as well. I mention this because I see your pet above is "Extremely Happy", which should only happen if he disobeyed orders or was out of sight from you for too long.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chiv+AI is basically the way to go with White Wyrms. First though, i'd establish what generation of WW it belongs to.

There are currently 4 Generations of WWs.
Gen 1: "Ancients". These refuse to eat gold, roar when commanded (https://uo.stratics.com/hunters/sounds/dragon1.mpg), and have an extremely aggressive AI. Only two "Ancients" are confirmed to still exist in game so far.
Gen 2: "Legacies". These refuse to eat gold, yet grunt when commanded.
Gen 3: "Pre-Patch". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, and could spawn with up to 760 STR at 3 slots (like the previous generations).
Gen 4: "Revamp". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, but spawn with half the minimum STR (360, which is a 3 slot), and are 4 slots when spawning with higher STR.

Last edited:

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chiv+AI is basically the way to go with White Wyrms. First though, i'd establish what generation of WW it belongs to.

Gen 1: "Ancients". These refuse to eat gold, roar when commanded, and have an extremely aggressive AI. Only two "Ancients" are confirmed to still exist in game so far.
Gen 3: "Pre-Patch". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, and could spawn with up to 760 STR at 3 slots (like the previous generations).
Gen 4: "Revamp". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, but spawn with half the minimum STR (360, which is a 3 slot), and are 4 slots when spawning with higher STR.
Interesting, does this also apply to dragons or is it just wyrms ?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Gen 1: "Ancients". These refuse to eat gold, roar when commanded, and have an extremely aggressive AI. Only two "Ancients" are confirmed to still exist in game so far.
I'm assuming I have a Gen 2 (not sure what the roar would be)... His resist look whacked though... 0 Phys resist only 25 Cold but 69 Fire on a WW!!

I have a Pre patch dragon with the same deal.

Screenshots below:

1586555256232.png 1586555289123.png

1586555217896.png 1586555381072.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm assuming I have a Gen 2 (not sure what the roar would be)... His resist look whacked though... 0 Phys resist only 25 Cold but 69 Fire on a WW!!

I have a Pre patch dragon with the same deal.
Some WWs and Nightmares are bugged, particularly on accounts that were inactive when Pub 16 hit, as explained here. What are "Legacy" or "Pre-Patch" Pets? | uo-cah.com

Here's what a Gen 1 "Ancient" WW sounds like when given any command (and it obeys). It's a full on reverberating roar, not the grunt of younger WWs.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED