• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice on Dread Warhouse

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can you see it now?
Also, the question "what would you do with this" also is asking if you would train it all - other options could simply be leave it in the stables or sell it - just wondering what others might do with it

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me. I would train it and build it by tomorrow.

But that's what I do.

If you prefer gold. Sell it.

You would want to use 120 scrolls on a pet you can not get anymore. So if that does not interest you, sell it or stand by the stable and say trick over and over.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you decide to sell it: Careful about pricing. You are looking at 250-350 M in your bank. Check for current pricing, in stratics traders forum. Dont sell it for 20 M like some noob I know (me!).
What you would do with it in terms of training will depend what you will want it for :pVP vs PVM. Then what encounters you are thinking about. It will be similar in points to something like a Bane Dragon (Minus the LP of the dragon). Could make it a Chiv, should have enough TP's for it, or other. Would go all the way 120 as Pawain said. You definitely want to try training in TC1 several times over befor you commit to prodo.
It is irreplaceable, forever. So careful with what you do in prodo.
Congrats for owning one!!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a question about the Dread Warhorse. Why would a Dread, starting at 3 slots having 530 HP and 589 STR, be worth A LOT more gold than a PP Nightmare,with say, 310 HP and 525 STR, but starting at a 2 slot? The fact they are no longer available also applies to a PP Nightmare. Is it just the fact that they blow black smoke out of their butts when you says "trick" :) ? Does the differing damage types make a difference,or am I missing something? I am looking at them from a "training points available" standpoint, and it seems to me that the 1 extra round of training greatly outweighs the 220 +/- starting HP's and 60 +/- STR of the Dread.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a question about the Dread Warhorse. Why would a Dread, starting at 3 slots having 530 HP and 589 STR, be worth A LOT more gold than a PP Nightmare,with say, 310 HP and 525 STR, but starting at a 2 slot? The fact they are no longer available also applies to a PP Nightmare. Is it just the fact that they blow black smoke out of their butts when you says "trick" :) ? Does the differing damage types make a difference,or am I missing something? I am looking at them from a "training points available" standpoint, and it seems to me that the 1 extra round of training greatly outweighs the 220 +/- starting HP's and 60 +/- STR of the Dread.
It's basically the perceived rarity of the dreadmare. It looks different, darker. It does its trick. Prepatch nightmares, with the exception of the very old nightmares, look just like any nightmare you can train today. Some people just don't value nightmares as everyone used to have them and they aren't CU.

Dreadmares do get access to the poison AOE abilities without specing into poison, so they can have that poison aoe without losing basic magery, but over all prepatch nightmares have the higher intensity.