• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Advice on a Thrower

Viekang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So, before I get started I should say I'm fairly new to the modern game. I've been dinking around the past month and a half with a pure paladin, but now I'm ready to try something a little different. Here's a potential build I'm thinking about trying. Before I bite the bullet and go through the process of putting the pieces together I'd like to hear some thoughts from experienced folks.

1. A couple concerns I have are low HML with SSI on the weapon and the inability to constantly chain AI. I don't have any decent drop rings that can fill the gap and provide the other mods I need to make the template work at 1.25 sec swing speed. Should I just settle for 1.5 sec swing speed? On the plus side, it would give me more options for weapon mod combinations and substantially more HML with reforging. I haven't done the math as to whether or not chaining AI is a possibility either way.

2. Am I trying to do too much with adding SW or ninjitsu? I really like the idea of casting a reaper to help finish off tough mobs with WoD. Plus, it adds more flavor than just AI and DF spamming. I get enough of that on my paladin already.

My main goal is to solo spawns and bosses while doing as much damage as possible without being dependent on leeches to heal. All that's really set in stone at this point is - I want to build a thrower, but I'd prefer it to not be one dimensional.

Any thoughts, concerns, advice is more than welcome. Feel free to tear it apart :)

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
In no particular order...

You say you don't want it to be one dimensional as you already have a Paladin but seem to have built it around DF and being a Paladin. I would really dislike having to rely on DF for HCI/SSI/DI.

I can't see any reason why you're in Protection.

I have just resuited my own Thrower, and can tell you a few things to look out for:-

For Swing Speed, you need either 45 SSI and 180 Stam for 1.5s swings, or to get 1.25s you would need 55 SSI and 210 Stamina, so to swing at 1.25s you would need a minimum of 60 Stamina Increase from items.

Stone armour gives 3 LMC, BUT don't forget (like I did *waves fist angrily at sky*) that the Amulet is still Jewelery! This means that although you can Enhance it, and the game is all too happy to let you waste your Forged Metal Of Artifacts doing so, that it doesn't actually add anything to it (other than letting you Tokuno Dye it). I cannot begin to tell you how epicly pissed off I am about this considering how long and how much it cost me to get those perfect 10 Stam pieces, thinking I had crunched every number perfectly, only for the game to diddle me at the last hurdle!

Have you checked out what Reaper Form actually does for you? Just mentioning this as I happened to notice it myself shortly after my rebuild on another character... 15 SSI, +10 in all resists except Fire which is -25 and 15 SDI. I know you meant the Reaper mastery but just mentioning that as well, Mana Shield is also awesome.

As I would assume that you are going to be having 1.5s swings and you only need 45 SSI for that, you could quite feasibly put all your SSI on gear (easier still if using Reaper Form/DF)which would allow you to have much higher HML on your weapons. If you could fit the DI too and Whetstone it off the weapons you could free up another property. I'm not saying you should do that, just that it's an option.

Ninjitsu wouldn't really add anything useful to you on a Thrower other than Dog/Cat Form for HPR. Edit: actually you could also use Unicorn for Poison protection, Wolf for extra HP, and Tiger for some Evasion.

Last edited: