• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Advice for Fencer Sampire at Paroxysmus?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious, does anyone know how Paroxysmus' special poison seap attack works? Like, every so often it'll counter attack with a special hit, and that hit does anywhere from 13 to at least 114 damage (I was testing it on my mage, a tile behind a dexxer, and my mage had 114 HP and was insta-killed one time).

At first I thought the attack depended on how much damage it absorbed, but when I tried to solo it last night I realized it is just completely random. Consequently, I suppose you just need to maintain your HP above a certain level in order to defeat Parox, because plenty of people have soloed it np. However my Sampire only has like 130 hp :/ ... I probably need to use some GSTRs, eh? But my guy is Elf and it's hard to carry all the pots needed through the whole dungeon lol.

My sampire is:

120 bush
120 fencing
120 parry
100 anat
100 tact
90 necro (jeweled to 100)
70 chiv

I was using a leaf blade w/:

45 di / Demon Slayer / HCI 10 / 60 mana leech / 44 HLA
(I ended up using mage /w Rising Colossus to kill Putrefier instead, lol)

I thought I'd try to use feint, and that worked fine, but the random counter attack killed me twice. I think I should probably retool the wep, especially since Demon Slayer does nothing to Parox. Any ideas for a fencer's wep? And would a swamp dragon decrease the special seap attack?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

A Fencing sampire should easily be 150 HP and max DI/LMC/HCI/DCI. For example a basic starting one I built for a friend had...

Spirit Of The Totem
Imbued Neck: 8/19/18/13/14, 8 lmc, 7 stam, 4 hp
Imbued Tunic: 9/19/12/18/11, 8 lmc, 5 stam, 5 hp
Fey Legs
Imbued Arms: 12/19/11/17/12, 8 lmc, 7 stam, 7 mana
Imbued Gloves: 7/19/12/17/12, 8 lmc, 7 stam, 7 mana
Primer: 20 di, 1 str, 2 hpr, damage removal
Quiver: 5 dci
Imbued Ring: 12 fire, 20 di, 15 hci, 11 dci, 8 str
Imbued Brace: 20 di, 8 lmc, 15 hci, 9 dci, 8 dex
Crimson: 5 Dex, 10 hp, 2 hpr
Vamp Form: -25 Fire
===
70/75/70/70/70, 60 di, 40 lmc, 45 hci, 45 dci, 25 hp
===
(Human Stats)

Naked:
121 Str/110 HP
96 Dex
38 Int

Suited:
150 Str/150 HP
109 Dex/135 Stam
52 Mana
===
Leafblade: 40 di, 20 ssi, mana leech, stamina leech...
then HLD/HLA/Slayer/Life Leech depending on situation.

Leafblades only need 20 SSI with 120 Stamina or 35 SSI with 90 Stamina. The 135 gives a buffer for Stamina loss. You also have the ability to use pots at all times.

The ease of building the suit and the use of pots are the main reasons to go with Fencing for a sampire, I mean no offense in saying it, but it doesn't seem, from lack of HP and having HCI on a weapon, that you are built to make the most of Fencing over say a higher damage weapon skill.

Nothing wrong with the skills or their levels though.

For the fight, well getting down there, once you're past all the Balrons and Succubus' use an Invis potion. Have level 2 or higher Honor before you go in, which gives sufficient time to kill the Bulbous Putifiers and Honor the Chief. Keep Enemy Of One, Consecrate Weapon and Counter Attack up when you can. If you want more of a Stamina buffer take Dex pots. Lead in with Consecrate already up and Feint armed, Lightning Strike the rest of the time or Armor Ignore when mana allows. Even with the perfect set up always be ready to move away, wait for a poison tick, then use Confidence to heal up (while still poisoned) before getting back on it. In a pinch, you can use Chiv to cure, or your Primer.

A swamp dragon will help.

It has Area Lethal Poison which does around 15 per tick, a normal hit that does 20-30 a hit and a counter attack that does around 80-90. Those are the damage numbers I experience while using a Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon. The seaping gas system message doesn't actually do anything unless its some kind of (very) early warning to being counter attacked. It also counter attacks ranged damage by teleporting you to its location, so don't use hit spell, especially not delayed hit spells like fireball/arrow, as one might go off just as you need to move away and teleport you back. But generally you shouldn't need to move away.

I'd reccomend HLD or Life Leech as the final mod on the weapon.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Fencing sampire should easily be 150 HP and max DI/LMC/HCI/DCI. For example a basic starting one I built for a friend had...
Thanks for reply Lord GOD, I have all those pieces and could easily recreate that suit :). I just have a fairly basic suit put together at the moment, using the Elf's Darkwood set ;P.

Leafblades only need 20 SSI with 120 Stamina or 35 SSI with 90 Stamina. The 135 gives a buffer for Stamina loss. You also have the ability to use pots at all times.
35 SSI? How do you achieve that on leafblade w/o SSI on other items? Edit: Ah nm, I see what you are saying :).

It has Area Lethal Poison which does around 15 per tick, a normal hit that does 20-30 a hit and a counter attack that does around 80-90.
That counter attack is what I refer to as the seaping, ack, and it was my only problem. I was using feint and consecrate and everything else fine, but sometimes its counter attack would just simply kill me when it rolled high enough. Sometimes the counter is really low, like 13 points, but sometimes it's real high. Seems like it is controlled by an RNG.

I'd reccomend HLD or Life Leech as the final mod on the weapon.
Sounds good, will retool suit and add SSI to mix :). And maybe get a swampy as well.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Just to let you know, I have a sort of half built version of the above on a secondary shard - no Anatomy because I have no stones there and went with Resist which I'm in the process of changing, Bushido not finished only 107ish, no Crimson so only 140 HP - and last night went and did a Paroxysmus' just to see if they had changed anything from the 80ish I did years ago with Diamond Maces, only this time using Feint with the Leafblade.

The damage I was doing was pretty low, compared to what I've done it with in the past with Diamond Maces/Ornate Axes, so it took longer, but because of Feint I didn't need to move off at any point and the hardest it hit me was 40 with its Counter Attack (I was also using an Exceptional Armored Swamp Dragon), I just thought I'd post that so you know its doable the way you're trying to.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for follow-up :)

I'll just have to just trying it. I think hardest part for me was definitely the Putrifier(sp), and if the counter doesn't roll higher than 40 I should be golden for Parox. Not sure why my mage, behind dexxer, suffered so much from two tiles; here were my results from my brief testing (as you probably know you have to be three tiles or farther away to be sucked in, 1-2 tiles and you instead get the counter attack):

55 (Mystic/Mage's damage numbers from Hail Storm w/ Scrapper's)

-15 (Paroxysmus Counter Attack)

-Death (at least 114 damage)

Mage was in stone form w/ 74s across as well

Y

Yen Sid

After seeing this post yesturday I decided that I would give it a stab with my sampire for the first time. Easy as pie, Paroxymus that is. Putrifier I used my Mystic/Mage/Weaver. I got a Spleen on the first one :). Anywho, template is as follows:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
~117 Parrying, headed to 120
100 Necromancy
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
~63 Chivalry, headed to 60

Average Sampire template. I use Tinker Leggings, Turquoise Ring, Rangers Cloak, Slither, Woodland pieces for everything but the chest and sleeves (need more Heartwood :(). I have 100 DI, 45 DCI, 35 HCI (until I get more Heartwood), all 70s, 144 HP until I can really finish my suit. Most of the time I use an Ornate Axe or if my Stam isn't able to be kept above 180 I use Rune Blades, each with 50 HLA, 50 HSL, ~50 to ~62 HML (whatever the max is that is allowed) 30 SSI and 40 DI.

Honored myself, ran in, EoO, honored one blob took it out, then same for the next and then same for the last. Then Honored Paroxymus, EoO, and hit Evasion before I hit him so that I could get my damage up. Used Rune Blades most of the time, swapping to an Ornate Axe when using Evasion to stay above 180 stamina while poisoned. I was never under 100 HP. I think the biggest hit he did on me was around 30 something. I just LSed him the whole time, threw in some Bladeweaves just for giggles. Stood still the whole time, had no need to run off and heal.

Only got 2 Taint :(. No Artifacts. It was a bust lol. Good time though, I'm thinking that I might just farm keys and get like 10 sets and do them all at once this weekend or something lol. I find it to be just as easy as Dreadhorn, easier to key really.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't done a paroxy in a long time, maybe I'll try that tonight. I'm getting bored of doing Rikki spawns with no sash payouts :(

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only got 2 Taint :(. No Artifacts. It was a bust lol. Good time though, I'm thinking that I might just farm keys and get like 10 sets and do them all at once this weekend or something lol. I find it to be just as easy as Dreadhorn, easier to key really.
lol oh well 2 taint is better than no taint! :) (Scrapper's!!)

I did learn something during my first attempt at Paroxy soloing though, I got both a Skull and Legs key off of one slime. So it's possible to get 2 keys on one slime, hehe.

Oh, and makes me feel a little better that someone else used mystic mage for Putrifier ;P.

Y

Yen Sid

lol oh well 2 taint is better than no taint! :) (Scrapper's!!)
This is true lol, Now I only need 8 more, used my last batch of taint already hehe.

I did learn something during my first attempt at Paroxy soloing though, I got both a Skull and Legs key off of one slime. So it's possible to get 2 keys on one slime, hehe.
Interesting, I had a heck of a time getting the last key which happened to be the skull, took me 15 minutes just to get the last one.

Oh, and makes me feel a little better that someone else used mystic mage for Putrifier ;P.
Oh heck yeah, I'm not even gonna try it with my Sampire lol. I love Arcane Empowerment+RC, then lay on a couple Spell Plagues and a Mass Sleep, a few E-Bolts, Invis a lot lol, and WoD to finish it off ;).