• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advice for a Wannabee PK, Please?

G

I posted this on the Necro Forum, but since I want to try this char for PvP/PK, maybe here is a better place for advice.
Basically looking for the best option to finish the template and any opinions whether the char will work for PvP.

My char currently has:
110 Mage
110 Eval
105 Necro(90 real, +15 from Mark & Bloodwood)
110 Spirit(90 real, +20 as above)
110 Resist
100 Med

So that adds to 610 real points used, and as I have a 715 cap = 105 points for something else.
Choices would seem to be Wrestle, Anatomy, Weapon skill or Poison.

I'm thinking wrestling prob best option, that would allow me to equip Ossian Spellbook and save another 10 points on Necro, or maybe the Tome for an extra 15.
Anyway, you guys would know better than me, since I'm definitely a Noob Necro/Pk/PvPer, any advice welcome, thanks

C

Clx-

I personally use anatomy rather than wrestling on my necro, simply becouse skillpoints are so tight. You'll need 110 to go with 110 eval to give you 120 defense for now, but obviously you can drop the anat back to 100 once you scroll up your eval some more. You can then use a spellbook to save some points as well. Don't use Ossian though, it's rubbish.

I'd also suggest trying to get your spirit speak to at least 115.

G

Hehe, you're right about skill points being tight. I was thinking of either dropping Mage to GM and save 10 there for Eval, or take them out of Meditation, tho Mana will be an issue with this template anyway, I think. Still probably easier to work it that way for max defence rather than try to squeeze 120 wrestle into the mix.
Is there any significant difference between 110 SS and the 115 SS you recommend? Ideally, I'd like that at 120, but unless I manage to come up with some real nice 1/3 jewelry with added skill and resists, don't see me getting that in there.

Then, of course, there's a suit to build which will be tricky too. I'd be looking to end up with 2/6 casting, 40+ DCI and high 60s resists all around with at least 6+MR...looks like some pretty expensive requirements to get that set.

C

Clx-

You can definetely get away with dropping med below 100, although I wouldn't go below 80 unless you have 8+ item mr.

Regarding resists on your suit, try for 75 fire(corpse skin 'immunity'), rest don't really need to be any higher than 60. Once you hit 60, best way to improve your suit is in mods rather than resists. Poison @ 70+ is obviously a bonus for same reason you want high fire, though.