• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Adventures in Blizzcon: Part Deux

WoWNews

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 2

"Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues."

-Albert Collins, Adventures in Babysitting-

That should have gone more like, nobody leaves this place without standing in line. Essentially, my experience was a lot of line waiting. I was in line to get in, then in line at the BlizzCon store for the opening ceremonies and panels for the majority of the day. My wait was approximately five hours in that line. I got all my loot, but my legs were killing me when I was done. One man ahead of me shouted, "Yes, I made it and I know exactly what I want." When he was done, "Yes! I got all my loot!" Then he ran off, as everyone got a good laugh.

From what I saw of the opening ceremonies, it was a lot of stuff we already knew. I was a bit dissapointed as it was rather short and not up to the hype I was expecting.

​

The best parts of day one were definately the costume contest, joke contest and dance contest. We saw some amazing costumes, dances and the jokes were overall rather entertaining. The highlight, was Jay Mohr holding Frostmourne, "Now everyone you listen to me and you listen close. We're going to Disney Land and*we're taking*over. TONIGHT! Meet me at Space Mountain!"

​

Overall, I ended my first day at Blizzcon tired and irritated. The lack of organization was predominant in my opinion and there was a vast opportunity for improvement. My reccomendation, hire an event planner. For the amount of people, I do not think things were planned out thoroughly. Even the dinner with the developers was a bit chaotic as the meeting place was changed from the hotel lobby to the convention center. There were no real meal options for the vegetarians in our group and the food was not that great, except for dessert.​

More...